Major new investors

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#21 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

You don't need the comma before 'but' as the next sentence is not a seperate clause. You also don't need the question mark, and your final sentence parentheses are not needed. Did you see how I used the comma before 'and' because it was a seperate clause? I'm sure however, Feisal will take on board your criticisms of his spelling and grammar.

Agreed Andrew. Good how you separate things. I always remeber being told it is an 'a' as in 'part' Just the same method as I use for remembering St George's day. It is 234. Or the 23rd of April. Regards.

#22 binosh

binosh
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

Desperate statement that looks like it was written in a hurry after the match on Sunday and definitely not proof read.

I cannot believe a professional Rugby League club has published such a poorly written press release and embarrassed themselves with a pathetic school playground attack on Leigh Centurions

#23 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Desperate statement that looks like it was written in a hurry after the match on Sunday and definitely not proof read.

I cannot believe a professional Rugby League club has published such a poorly written press release and embarrassed themselves with a pathetic school playground attack on Leigh Centurions

ah well, that's us told then

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#24 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Two things come to mind. 1. Don't fill the team with has beens. 2 There must still be a TEAM. I watched Salford on the tele the other night. They have recruited heavily BUT they are NOT a team. We must have a team that plays together regularly and understands what is going on with their fellow players. So no quick signings of players that are past it, no rubbish from Aussie land, and not a lot of changes that will upset the coordination of the team's efforts. PLEASE.

#25 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

heard we are signing Brierley.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#26 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

here we go its started.

#27 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

Desperate statement that looks like it was written in a hurry after the match on Sunday and definitely not proof read.

I cannot believe a professional Rugby League club has published such a poorly written press release and embarrassed themselves with a pathetic school playground attack on Leigh Centurions

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#28 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

Amos?

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#29 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

Amos?

You beat me to it, great minds eh?

#30 bradford rover

bradford rover
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

heard we are getting leon pryce as head glass collector ha ha

#31 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

I would guess The phones have been non stop with agents offering the likes of Brett Seymour and Ryan Mcgoldrick as well as a whole plane load of the next batch of Aussie mercenaries who can't get a gig back home. just like the crew at London who are garbage and not even up to championship standard let alone SL.
Unfortunately I don't see what kind of quality would be available at this stage of the season and where from, apart from these or others coming to the end of the road at their SL clubs.

#32 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

I would guess The phones have been non stop with agents offering the likes of Brett Seymour and Ryan Mcgoldrick as well as a whole plane load of the next batch of Aussie mercenaries who can't get a gig back home. just like the crew at London who are garbage and not even up to championship standard let alone SL.
Unfortunately I don't see what kind of quality would be available at this stage of the season and where from, apart from these or others coming to the end of the road at their SL clubs.

What I was thinking really. Just a couple of points off second. The priority has to be to get a good coach in place and let them assess the situation. Who knows? This squad may have the potential to challenge - we just haven't seen it yet. Adding one or two useful additions is good but throwing the doors open to any agent/player wanting a cushdy gig is not the ideal way to go.

#33 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Is that the ex-player or the whole village?.

#34 sussex rover

sussex rover
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Amos?

Neigh

#35 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Hope construction materials is being banded about owned by the QPR family

#36 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Two things come to mind. 1. Don't fill the team with has beens. 2 There must still be a TEAM. I watched Salford on the tele the other night. They have recruited heavily BUT they are NOT a team. We must have a team that plays together regularly and understands what is going on with their fellow players. So no quick signings of players that are past it, no rubbish from Aussie land, and not a lot of changes that will upset the coordination of the team's efforts. PLEASE.

If we were going for SL quality players, I'd rather we looked at local lads currently playing in the top flight, those who you know would bust a gut for the Rovers. I know we're not going to get Zac or Tom, but would Richard Whiting as captain be a possibility? Might do a similar job to what Tex did when he came back.

#37 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

That was a name I was thinking about as a possible but play him where and drop who ? A great lad and a a great utility player who gives 100% every time....I would expect him to finish off his career here but doubt it would happen imminently

#38 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

I heard we are signing Ryan Giggs as coach.

#39 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

Home sweet home

Friday 9th May 2014

23272.jpgStory in brief:
Nahaboo set to hand Paul Coventry & volunteers a cheque to complete new stand works.

Following Monday's announcement of the club's investment, fans will be delighted to learn that a sum of money has been budgeted for works to continue on the new stands. Nahaboo said: "There are now funds for Paul Coventry and our team of volunteers to use and continue the next stage for the stands. What they have done is miraculous and commendable. Our home is our future. The new stands look great and will house a significant following when in Super League. The collection organised by Stuart Jodrill was phenomenal and raised thousands, and it's an honour to come in at this stage and help Paul Coventry and his team continue their works. It is a very proud day for our community. We should celebrate this marvellous club achievement. There are some Super League teams who won't have ownership of facilities that we now have. We are a club that doesn't make false promises on new homes. We are honest to our fans. The way it should be. We love it at Post Office Road, so we will stay here and make it our home for years to come. Everyone who has contributed should be delighted. I wish Paul Coventry and our volunteers the very best. What they have given this club is nothing short of blood, sweat and tears and I hope on hearing this news they feel filled and complete,irrespective of this investment, these men should receive all the accolades. Our next news will be to unveil our Head Coach on Sunday at 9am."

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#40 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

Now he's getting the hang of it, little and often keeps the positivity flowing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users