Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Major new investors

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#141 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

Never got an answer to my point, we don't appoint Bastian, this situation never occurs.

Too many Campbell stooges on here, he rings them, they post what he says.....

Steve I'd just like to thank you so much. You amaze me. I thought you'd be in Harrogate today? You have stuck by your friend and that is so creditable.

I must apologise to you.

I hope Craig doesn't forget you.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 05 July 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#142 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

Never got an answer to my point, we don't appoint Bastian, this situation never occurs.

Too many Campbell stooges on here, he rings them, they post what he says.....

And I will say once again Mark Campbell admitted to this mistake amongst other ones, others just churn out spin and blame others, or have been known to take credit for what good things others have accomplished.
The 60K cheque scenario, FN aledgedly stated he knew nothing about this and it was all CP's doing, even though FN got up on the stage in the clubhouse and announced he was giving this money. In the past I admit I've said let's sit back and enjoy the ride on the Fev roller coaster, but by god I for one am glad I've got off it.

PS, I've got an PM on Twitter from CP that it was going to be almost 100K from FN..........just saying!!!

Edited by Maureen T-k, 06 July 2014 - 07:42 AM.

Im Fev and im proud

#143 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

I've said let's sit back and enjoy the ride on the Fev roller coaster, but by god I for one am glad I've got off it.
PS, I've got an PM on Twitter from CP that it was going to be almost 100K from FN..........just saying!!!

A washing machine on a fast spin cycle is better to sit on Mo.

#144 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

the brothers Griff, now there's a sobering thought.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#145 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

Often doesn't help to have an opposing view when it comes to Featherstone Rovers.

#146 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Appointing bastian was an error. Marl has made acceptance of that public steve.
There is no correlation between that and the alleged misrepresenting or passing misleading fiscal info. The alleged paying with duff cheques. Not paying cheques that were promised or the alleged buggering about with bod members on the register at companies house.
Mark appointed jb in good faith and in the best interests of the club. It didnt workl out.
but I fail to see hpw any of the abbove behaviours, of which you've done nothing but ignore thus far, were in the clubs best interest.
Because you fail to acknowledge this or even ignore it because you are tunnel visioned over mark campbell, im finding your balance of the situation leaves your argument lacking any credibility Steve
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#147 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

Steve I'd just like to thank you so much. You amaze me. I thought you'd be in Harrogate today? You have stuck by your friend and that is so creditable.

I must apologise to you.

I hope Craig doesn't forget you.

Andrew, I have no connection with anyone at the club now or before. I am not sticking up for anyone merely looking at both sides of the debate.

#148 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

Appointing bastian was an error. Marl has made acceptance of that public steve.
There is no correlation between that and the alleged misrepresenting or passing misleading fiscal info. The alleged paying with duff cheques. Not paying cheques that were promised or the alleged buggering about with bod members on the register at companies house.
Mark appointed jb in good faith and in the best interests of the club. It didnt workl out.
but I fail to see hpw any of the abbove behaviours, of which you've done nothing but ignore thus far, were in the clubs best interest.
Because you fail to acknowledge this or even ignore it because you are tunnel visioned over mark campbell, im finding your balance of the situation leaves your argument lacking any credibility Steve

If what you allege is true, then obviously its not great and not something I'd agree with. However, its not proven, and whose to say that the cheques (surely bank transfers these days) and the paperwork concerning the Directors wouldn't have eventually been sorted out?. After all its not in dispute that the club received substantial amounts of money from the bloke over a 3/4 year period.

As for my argument, its that the current situation is almost entirely due to the mistake of appointing JB, are you saying that this is not the case?.

Edited by Monkeymagic22, 07 July 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#149 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

Anyway, we won't be ever agreeing on this subject, so I'll leave it now.

#150 thebacca

thebacca
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

i think most are missing the point that the biggest mistake was creating a situation that led to dp leaving!!! and that is squarely at the door of MC.outside fev they are calling rovers the madhouse and who can blame them??

#151 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

i think most are missing the point that the biggest mistake was creating a situation that led to dp leaving!!! and that is squarely at the door of MC.outside fev they are calling rovers the madhouse and who can blame them??

I understood he told MC he was leaving at the end of the season and they had a falling out, and relations became strained. (If I'm wrong please correct me).
I think Powell would have left anyway when Cas came for him. But if I was a company director ploughing loads of money into the firm, and my operations manager failed to meet his targets despite having a larger operating budget than the opposition, I think I would have sacked him anyway. Granted, Powell did have some bad luck in Grand Finals and NR Cup games.
The biggest mistake was allowing John Bastian to unsettle Liam Finn, and allowing him to leave.

#152 thebacca

thebacca
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

finishing where fev did for years is failure in your eyes??? you need help!!!

#153 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

Well... it depends what you call success?
If you call finishing top of the league x4, then he was a roaring success.
if you consider winning the championship, beong called champions, winning the only cup comp we had a realistic chance of winning. .... he had a very poor return for the resources at his disposal.
we could argue that one all night but I can't be @rs ed!

#154 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

All the people who said Fev were under achieving because they lost finals won't be thinking that now. When we were winning every week the crowds came and I wish we were still doing that now As for Powell think he would of left at end of the season but getting phone calls questioning his team selection after the Sheffield lose was the beginning of the end for Powell

What we need to admit is people have made poor decisions at Featherstone over the last 18 month and it has effected the team on the field It need sorting fast but I don't think it will happen this year

#155 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

finishing where fev did for years is failure in your eyes??? you need help!!!

It was only failure if you had the best squad of players, which I firmly believe DP had. If the League Title winners had also been given the title of Champions and the major cash prize, which the feat truly deserved, then it would have been a resounding success. But the League Title wasn't given as much prestige as the Grand Final, or even the NR Cup, so yes, it was a failure in terms of achieving targets.

#156 thebacca

thebacca
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

well you leave me speechless1 almost that is. you dont deserve a top team you deserve what you have now,a dire team going nowhere fast except down.i suppose you were sat on campbells knee when you wrote your respose! i feel sorry for the true fev fans but it is obvious with the present directors that down is the only way.

#157 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

I was fully behind Feisal before he departed. But he's gone, so has Powell, so has Finn. I see no benefit in knocking the people that got us into such a strong position in the first place, even if they have made mistakes. What's more important is that the club gets to keep its soul. FN talked about getting Rovers into the top 4 in Super League as if we had never been a successful club before. We would have had to be a big spending club to achieve that, which is what we have never been until recently. If we ever get there it will be as giant killers, which is what the clubs history is all about. Feisal might have had good intentions, but he didn't understand the club, its fans, and its proud traditions, so he meddled where it wasn't needed. We never wanted to be called Calder and we certainly don't want to be called Feisalstone!

#158 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

Like I said thebacca, its all down to how you define success and sod all about "what I or any other bug ger deserves"!
If you define success as winning tge league leaders sheild daryl was an unequivocal success.
if you regard success as winning trophies, he wasn't.
Thats a simple enough concept to grasp is it not? And absolutely nowt to do with what we deserve.
Daryl took the cas job and fair play to him. He's done well there with limited resources.
Daryl leaving wasn't the issue.... he'd have gone anyway.
appointing bastian was a bad un.... a bloody nightmare of a coach who looked way way out of his depth and so far out of touch with reality he might have well come from mars. That was the issue. Set us back at least six years

#159 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

Robin, we knew JB was a young untried coach. the idea was he would learn as he went along, and he would have to do it it quickly. some of us accepted that this would mean losing games along the way. but as soon as the losing games came along, some supporters wanted his head on a stick, spouting on about this team winning the league for the last 4 seasons, except itwasn't this team that  won those 4 league titles, it was a new one. would things have improved if he had been given a longer run, i don't know. but we got shut cos it was vital to finish in the top 2. now all of a sudden we are asked to write this season off, and judge AH on next season. it's a funny old world.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#160 elmagic

elmagic
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

Robin, we knew JB was a young untried coach. the idea was he would learn as he went along, and he would have to do it it quickly. some of us accepted that this would mean losing games along the way. but as soon as the losing games came along, some supporters wanted his head on a stick, spouting on about this team winning the league for the last 4 seasons, except itwasn't this team that  won those 4 league titles, it was a new one. would things have improved if he had been given a longer run, i don't know. but we got shut cos it was vital to finish in the top 2. now all of a sudden we are asked to write this season off, and judge AH on next season. it's a funny old world.

I believe for one that things would have improved if we would have kept with JB. His record of developing players and creating solid foundations for clubs over time is second to none(thats why he was appointed)....the type of bloke we are now going to need based on our finanaces....working within a budget and develping our own. AH is a mate of Fiesels thats common knowledge now his mates gone and the money we will see how good a coach he really is......

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users