#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

Tuesday 6th May 2014
Club Statement Story in brief:
Featherstone Set To Spend Their Way Out Of The Championship

Following years of patience in the Championship all Featherstone fans will be delighted to wake up with the news that substantial investors will join Featherstone Rovers from immediate effect.

The new investors wish to remain anonymous for now have offered substantial investment for Featherstone Rovers to compete in Super League. The amount of investment will remain disclosed but its thought to be a number of millions over a 5-year period. The club has already begun to spend funds prudently.

Majority Shareholder of Featherstone Rovers Feisal Nahaboo who is acting as advisor to the club has made the following statement.

Feisal Nahaboo said "Rightfully or wrongfully at the start of the season the club had made the decision to strike at the end of the season to prepare a Super League strength squad to compete next season. Following back to back defeats to Leigh Centurions we've realised we are no longer the dominant force outside Super League so the club has made the decision to raise the standards for all Championship clubs with imminent investment both on and off the field.

"The club will immediately show its intention by appointing leading coaching staff and will then follow-up by announcing new squad members. The club will not be selling its leading players and key squad members will be offered 2 to 3 year contract extensions. The club will announce those deals 'in one go' over the next few weeks. During the transition the club will have a strict policy of no press coverage for 4 weeks and we ask all press to respect this decision. Unlike some, this club will not be advertising its plan during execution.

"There are no egos at Featherstone Rovers, just pure grit and determination to succeed. In addition, we ask all leading agents to come forward with players available who have substantial ambition. We ask our fans to allow club officials to do their work and embrace the changes and not to question their judgements but to live the dream.

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank the RFL and SKY with regards to their new rules allowing clubs like Featherstone Rovers to invest and play for Super League status. It seems we won the league 4 years on a trot in vein, but we will take this experience, wisdom and knowledge to compete at the highest level possible.

"The board has been told that it must challenge for top 4 Super League position within the next few years. We would like to thank Mark Campbell for his immense work in building the club to a level which has attracted investors to come in and take the club to the next level. His work ethic and love for the club is exemplary and he will play an important role in the club whilst new investors will come in. The club has been told it must finish in the top 2 this year and compete for the Grand Final at any cost.

"We would finally like to thank the entire squad. They have been the best group outside Super League. Leigh may have taken the advantage but they have won nothing as of yet. Having said that we congratulate them in their own ambition. It is exciting times ahead and we are delighted to now have a real say in this sport.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

Looks like we have royally pee'd him off (Leigh)

Who owns the land?

Salary cap 2014?

The top two is between four clubs, with Leigh in pole at present but plenty of the season to go yet

#3 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

leigh are the team to watch in the championships, they have recruited superbly and have facilities that most yorkshire super league clubs would kill for. i think the lobby gobblers will be the first team promoted to sl and rightly so 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#4 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,465 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

Good luck to Fev but given that they're operating on a higher plane than those who just put out releases to boost egos perhaps they could have waited until they had news rather than saying they'll be news 'in one go' at some point in the next month.

The rest is so vague as to be meaningless.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#5 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

This does feel a bit like blind panic. Who on earth are Featherstone going to sign at this stage of the season? I've looked at the table and they are like one win from second - easy now tiger (or should that be capper).

Edited by Scubby, 06 May 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#6 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

leigh are the top team in the division by a country mile 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#7 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

For the game overall its good to see and raises the bar for other clubs at the same time, certainly looking forward to seeing what happens over the next 4 weeks, just hope the result lives up to the talk!

#8 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,384 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

Fev have hardly been THE dominant force outside SL. They have been good, but look who won the Championship in the last 2 seasons. Not Fev.

I genuinely hope this doesn't come back to bite them.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#9 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

Fev have hardly been THE dominant force outside SL. They have been good, but look who won the Championship in the last 2 seasons. Not Fev.

I genuinely hope this doesn't come back to bite them.

Maybe not but they have been very steady and established themselves as a consistent top team in the Championship.

With "Millions" set to be invested over the next 5 years...............its good for Featherstone as a club and good for the sport and its profile as a whole.

#10 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

The dominant force outside SL in the last 2 years are Sheffield - don't see any big money investors there. And asking the press to respect a 4 week news blackout is simply asking for trouble - I'd imagine every RL journalist in the country is now busily onto all their sources trying to find out what's going on!

#11 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Club Statement  -  May 2013

For Featherstone Rovers to be successful and sustainable, I feel that we need to establish a strong production line of home grown talent which the club was famous for in the past. I feel with his experience of being a player, coach and experience of developing young players that John Bastian is the ideal man to implement this long-term vision and ethos at the club."

Club Statement  -  May 2014

"Sod that for a lark, lets throw some money at a short-term solution."

#12 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

Well if nothing else it will encourage EVERY team in the next few years to beat us. As for Gingerjons statement "The rest is so vague as to be meaningless" that must be one of the poorest posts I have seen on here. How is millions of investment meaningless. Every statement the club has released has been followed through compared to our neighbours promises of the last 20+ years of new stadiums. Come on, give us some credit at least. Many didnt believe in the reality of moving the Scarborough stands when announced but they will be finished in a few months.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#13 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Suspect some people be it players and/or coaches are under contract who are expected to be announced hence a 4 week press blanket - 4 weeks seems very precise

#14 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

I run a B&B in Ponte' and all the rooms have been booked by news corp for the next month...........

#15 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Club Statement - May 2013

For Featherstone Rovers to be successful and sustainable, I feel that we need to establish a strong production line of home grown talent which the club was famous for in the past. I feel with his experience of being a player, coach and experience of developing young players that John Bastian is the ideal man to implement this long-term vision and ethos at the club."

Club Statement - May 2014

"Sod that for a lark, lets throw some money at a short-term solution."

Unfortuneatly the goalposts changed for bastian after his appointment with the carat of the "half million for top 2 finish" and he was way out of his depth - time is what Bastian needed and wanted and we simply havent got it

#16 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,465 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

Well if nothing else it will encourage EVERY team in the next few years to beat us. As for Gingerjons statement "The rest is so vague as to be meaningless" that must be one of the poorest posts I have seen on here. How is millions of investment meaningless. Every statement the club has released has been followed through compared to our neighbours promises of the last 20+ years of new stadiums. Come on, give us some credit at least. Many didnt believe in the reality of moving the Scarborough stands when announced but they will be finished in a few months.

"A number of millions."  Two is a number of millions, so is 746.  

- Severus, July 2012

#17 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,769 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

It's good press overall and something the fans can believe in and really get behind. To think that all this started in 2012 when Fev publicly announced they were aiming  for a SuperLeague licence, too. 

How is millions of investment meaningless

​Because its only  in a press release, the "investors" are anonymous, because it is clearly not a done deal.

#18 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

These announcements were already planned to be announced several weeks ago, so before the Leigh games and before John Bastian was released. I would like to thank John for all his hard work, unfortunately he wasnt the man to take us forwards. Even on Sunday he refused an offer for Richard Moore to come on loan and thats after telling Liam Finn he wasnt wanted and look how Liam has excelled at Castleford.

Onwards and upwards , hopefully we can share some great memories and eventually visit our old friends at SL clubs

#19 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

It is refreshing to know that there will be no egos at Featherstone though isn't it?

I suspect that a psychologist might disagree however.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#20 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,465 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

It is refreshing to know that there will be no egos at Featherstone though isn't it?

I suspect that a psychologist might disagree however.

If you have to point out in a press release that you don't have an ego ...

- Severus, July 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users