TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Huge Investment at Fev, Club Statement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
287 replies to this topic

#41 Mk13

Mk13
  • Coach
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

They would look unprofessional

To be honest they've already done that by putting out an ungrammatical, typo-strewn and downright chippy official statement.

If all this excitement about anonymous persons putting up unspecified millions is justified, then all the very best to them. However, if I had a few quid for every NFP/National League/Championship club over the years that announced it had the backing to march all the way into the Super League, I'd have a fair amount to invest myself by now.

#42 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Even one million is a substantial investment. There are no investors who want to take a chance on a non SL club. This is true because I read it many times on this forum.

How you can mock this news because the specific number of millions is not itemised is a little churlish.

The actuality will be praised, naturally. What is being mocked in the press release and its pomposity. Surely you can see that?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#43 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Of course you can bet your house on the fact the RFL will never let Fev into Super League, win the league and play offs all they want, the RFL will simply change the goal posts

That's simply not true - it couldn't be more transparent. The ironic thing is that Featherstone would have had more chance to make SL had licensing stayed in place. And with the investment behind them they could well have done what Widnes have. This system will see Fev having to finish ahead of teams like Bradford, London, Wakefield, Leigh, Halifax etc. to have a chance of going up.

#44 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,463 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

That's simply not true - it couldn't be more transparent. The ironic thing is that Featherstone would have had more chance to make SL had licensing stayed in place. And with the investment behind them they could well have done what Widnes have. This system will see Fev having to finish ahead of teams like Bradford, London, Wakefield, Leigh, Halifax etc. to have a chance of going up.

You're talking to a brick wall.  Most fans have, by now, twigged that 3x8 is a con job but some still aren't there yet.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#45 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

The actuality will be praised, naturally. What is being mocked in the press release and its pomposity. Surely you can see that?

I take your point but I think there's a bit of " Who the hell do they think they are ?" in these naysayers.

If Wigan announced such an investment and proposed to buy DW stadium and march forward into a rosy sunset, there would be no such protestations about pomposity and arrogance.

I laud Fev's ambition and if it proves to be what it claims, it can only be for the better that RL get's another club that can sup at the top table. The more, the merrier

#46 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

I take your point but I think there's a bit of " Who the hell do they think they are ?" in these naysayers.

If Wigan announced such an investment and proposed to buy DW stadium and march forward into a rosy sunset, there would be no such protestations about pomposity and arrogance.

I laud Fev's ambition and if it proves to be what it claims, it can only be for the better that RL get's another club that can sup at the top table. The more, the merrier

I laud Fev's ambition and if it proves to be what it claims, it can only be for the better

- so do I, even though the ambition was triggered under the licencing regime

If Wigan announced such an investment and proposed to buy DW stadium and march forward into a rosy sunset, there would be no such protestations

- of course there wouldn't, because it would in the first place and it would be credible..

- it would be a sunRISE not a sunset

- In any case, why bury your money in buying a stadium when you can use it in so may better ways?

The more, the merrier

- so you don't support the reduction to 12 teams. How many would you like? 24?

In any case, as club statements are concerned, it is very poor.. more like a verbatim account. The fans deserve better.

Edited by JohnM, 06 May 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#47 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

You're talking to a brick wall.  Most fans have, by now, twigged that 3x8 is a con job but some still aren't there yet.

Totally agree. A guaranteed promotion spot for the Championship winners would have been far preferable.

However, it is what it is, and Fev will have a better chance of beating the admittedly flawed system with these financial resources behind them than without.

#48 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,463 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Totally agree. A guaranteed promotion spot for the Championship winners would have been far preferable.

However, it is what it is, and Fev will have a better chance of beating the admittedly flawed system with these financial resources behind them than without.

I agree with your last point but I do stand by my earlier observation (other thread I think): they've been panicked by the financial need to get into the top 2 of this season's table.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#49 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

I agree with your last point but I do stand by my earlier observation (other thread I think): they've been panicked by the financial need to get into the top 2 of this season's table.

Also, 2 of the six clubs either side of the divide have parted company with their coach. It's like happy days are here again!

#50 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

I laud Fev's ambition and if it proves to be what it claims, it can only be for the better

If Wigan announced such an investment and proposed to buy DW stadium and march forward into a rosy sunset, there would be no such protestations
- of course there wouldn't, because it would in the first place and it would be credible..
- In any case, why bury your money in buying a stadium when you can use it in so may better ways?

The more, the merrier

In any case, as club statements are concerned, it is very poor.. more like a verbatim account. The fans deserve better.

Fev have ambition to get to the top. the vehicle under which they have to achieve this is specified by the RFL whether it be licencing or p and r. They are playing the game under the rules given to them.

We will see if this is credible or not from the Fev perspective as time goes on. The knee jerk reactions to rubbish it out of hand though stink of "Who the hell do they think they are ?" ism.

When Whelan dies, Wigan has best hope their stadium leases are cast iron especially id Athletics return to the premier league. Fev own their own ground. No one is going to kick them out.

No. I don't support the reduction to twelve teams. I would like as many as possible in SL. two conferences of ten would do for a start. To the current 14 you could add Fev, Leigh, Halifax, a Cumbrian franchise, Toulouse and a.n.other, maybe Barrow or another French team or a welsh team.

Do you object to the content, format and grammar of the statement or is it the temerity of the nobodies of Fev to rock the SL hegemony boat which pisses you off ?

#51 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

Yes, I agree. So long as they make the eight next season, they should be good to go.

#52 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

We have been told for the last few seasons that we would be pushing for S/L We continued to finish top for 4 seasons and things have continued to improve off the field including Probiz investing at Fev putting free coaches on for its supporters a cup matches and keeping us fans interested I believe the club appointed a coach to try and build a team for next season The RFL have now changed the way to enter S/L and have offered a nice payday for 1st and 2nd this year As a club we have gone backwards on the field and the BOD have made a decision that it needs changing in which they have delt with. They have also acknowledged that Leigh are the top team at the moment and that they want Fev to be at the top. The way to do that is investment in the club which it has now been confirmed that we will be getting and look at how to improve the business For a championship club to do this is great and the statement has got everyone interested which is what it will of been done for Lets see what happens but there is many S/L clubs that would welcome this money and as a sport we should be over the moon that people are prepared to invest in a sport that supporters continue to knock for whatever reason

#53 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

Where do you start with this. Very unprofessional statement with no real information and plenty of things to have a critcial look at. It doesnt come across very well at all or something you could take that seriously. Fev seemed to believe that money buys success- It doesnt and they have a salary cap to keep to no matter how much millions somebody pumps in. We have seen Koukash at Salford pump no doubt millions in at Salford but they are playing wise not much better than before and seem to be missing the obvious that it takes time to build a structure and you cant just buy success. True Fev have done well in building things on and off the field but they have not been champions for a couple of years and after much upheavel are not doing as well as they wanted. Fev seem to believe they have the right to be in the top 2. Wrong a number of clubs have as much right as Fev and it will take hard work, patience and a bit of luck to get in the top 2. Money might help but it wont guarentee it. Instead of being patient they have rushed out and fired a coach thats a few months in to a 3 year deal and are facing an unknown short term future would could easily see them miss out on a top 2 finish. Fev like others are Short term thinking and making desperate decisions and think they have the right to be somewhere they have yet to earn.

If I was an agent I would be very happy with the statement as I would be looking to push the limit with Fev who seem to be saying we will pay whatever for the right players. Fev would have been better keeping quiet about certain things and just doing things a bit under the radar. Should they fail to finish in the top 2 people will no doubt mock them and the pressure on the New Coach and players increases even more. 

#54 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Cant disagree with any of that Lounge Room Lizard.

We can only live in hope that it all works out. If for some reason the investors back out then we will lose out on the money but we will still own the stadium with its land, centre of excellence, new gyms and new stands so Cappers are staying positive at the moment and await further announcements in the coming weeks.

All being well these new investors will bring more big money men into the game and help other clubs rise again. At least now we have a clear pathway to get out of the Championship.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#55 bamfordsbeans

bamfordsbeans
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Does anybody know the salary cap for Championship clubs next year?

#56 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

Challenging for the top four in Superleague, does that mean they will be merging with Castleford after all?

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#57 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Does anybody know the salary cap for Championship clubs next year?

Something has to give in this area. If Championship clubs are expected, whatever the financial resources at their disposal, to compete on a Championship salary cap against teams on a SL salary cap in the middle eight for the right to be in SL, it will make the witch trials look like bastions of fairness.

#58 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

We have been told for the last few seasons that we would be pushing for S/L We continued to finish top for 4 seasons and things have continued to improve off the field including Probiz investing at Fev putting free coaches on for its supporters a cup matches and keeping us fans interested I believe the club appointed a coach to try and build a team for next season The RFL have now changed the way to enter S/L and have offered a nice payday for 1st and 2nd this year As a club we have gone backwards on the field and the BOD have made a decision that it needs changing in which they have delt with. They have also acknowledged that Leigh are the top team at the moment and that they want Fev to be at the top. The way to do that is investment in the club which it has now been confirmed that we will be getting and look at how to improve the business For a championship club to do this is great and the statement has got everyone interested which is what it will of been done for Lets see what happens but there is many S/L clubs that would welcome this money and as a sport we should be over the moon that people are prepared to invest in a sport that supporters continue to knock for whatever reason

agree with all of that except for "investment in the club which it has now been confirmed"..no it hasn't, so lets trust  that at some point it is. 

#59 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

Don't take this fantasist at his word, he's made more bold predictions than Nostradamus but with one major difference, none of the fake Sheiks ever come true.

He's about as genuine as the Maharajah of Pookajee!
I'm surprised the rest of the Fev BoD have allowed him near a reporter

#60 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

The more, the merrier

Fev have ambition to get to the top. the vehicle under which they have to achieve this is specified by the RFL whether it be licencing or p and r. They are playing the game under the rules given to them.

We will see if this is credible or not from the Fev perspective as time goes on. The knee jerk reactions to rubbish it out of hand though stink of "Who the hell do they think they are ?" ism.

When Whelan dies, Wigan has best hope their stadium leases are cast iron especially id Athletics return to the premier league. Fev own their own ground. No one is going to kick them out.

No. I don't support the reduction to twelve teams. I would like as many as possible in SL. two conferences of ten would do for a start. To the current 14 you could add Fev, Leigh, Halifax, a Cumbrian franchise, Toulouse and a.n.other, maybe Barrow or another French team or a welsh team.

Do you object to the content, format and grammar of the statement or is it the temerity of the nobodies of Fev to rock the SL hegemony boat which pisses you off ?

When Whelan dies, Wigan has best hope their stadium leases are cast iron especially id Athletics return to the premier league

When that happens, you will no doubt be the first  to say "I told you so."

Fev own their own ground. No one is going to kick them out

wanna bet?    :no:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users