TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Liam Mcavoy

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Am I watching a different player? Murphy is improving all the time is catch and return is very good - even when he's facing his own line. Also coming into his own when joining the attack -the angled line he ran from Forbers reverse pass was class. I would like him in a Town shirt for the rest of the season.

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Exactly . Just shows what happens when you get a chance to bed in over time . It's tough being plonked in a new team but quality comes through as you become comfortable and more confident . Of the ' second tier ' Wigan guys he's been the success . The top guys we want should be ok to come in and deliver .

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

I think you guys are all arguing about different things here. The point that started this was the Fax coach saying that the best players on the field on Sunday were the Wigan DR players. Now whilst it is a matter of individual opinion as to whether he is right or not I would wager that if you took a vote from all the Town fans they would put Brett Phillips, Liam McAvoy, Marc Shackley and possibly Carl Forber's contribution ON SUNDAY, as better than the Wigan lads. Of course we would expect over a season or over a period of matches for the Wigan lads to be better but we are talking here solely about Sunday's performance.

Edited by Keith T, 07 May 2014 - 07:20 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

It's a bit rich with coaches of clubs having a go at us in cumbria having DR and them players being the best performers in our team when they are based in hot beds of RL talent.

#25 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

If we had a squad as big as his he wouldn't know which players were playing anyway so I don't know what he's whittering on about

#26 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Harrison is just whining about Wigan players to deflect the criticism heading his way over why Halifax 'only' drew on sunday. He's just playing the game all the coaches of the top end clubs play when it doesn't go their way, he's not going to say 'I messed up', far easier to blame something out of his control blah blah blah

#27 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

Just have a look at their squad on paper ( and add tommy saxton who isn't theirs ) and there's very little room for excuses !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users