Rochdale game!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

He said our kicking game had improved from Forber, Lupton and Callum. He also said that it would be a difficult game for us next week at Fev because their new coach will want to bring new ideas in, etc. He was pleased with our defence although he said it should have been nil to them as he didn't think their try was a try.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#62 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

Who is their coach ?

#63 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

I think someone who needs a bit of praise is big red. Everytime he plays he gets on the score board
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#64 Haven2010

Haven2010
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

Ian talbot from st helens

#65 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Fev

#66 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 696 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

Didnt expect a win today.!
Get in!
Up The Town!!!

Edited by Cato89, 11 May 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#67 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Who is their coach ?

Nobody at the moment, haven't appointed a replacement yet.

#68 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

Doncaster had 4 loan/dual reg players today.

John Cox on radio shambles said Donny had 5.......he deffo tends to exaggerate a bit at times though ;)  

#69 Haven2010

Haven2010
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

Why you talking about our win your first in how many games and yer talking about John cox ha ha

#70 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

Why you talking about our win your first in how many games and yer talking about John cox ha ha

Why are you on a town forum, in a town match thread talking about anything?

#71 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

There's  nobody on here talking about your game, I was just making a point about our  Wigan loanees, I dont care if we hadn't won a game all season cox is still a **** head. As dkw points out, you are on our forum, I wouldn't go on deluded.com even if we won the super league and challenge cup........Muppet :rtfm:

#72 Haven2010

Haven2010
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Ha ha you guys are so bitter it's unbelievable nice win though

#73 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Obviously now you lot have had a slap off Mr Haven Warrior on the haven forum you have to resort to trolling on here, cluck, cluck, cluck, :onthequiet:

#74 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

I think someone who needs a bit of praise is big red. Everytime he plays he gets on the score board

Just as well . Behind the scrum without Eliott we are blunt , and we have so many chances and spells of territory for scant return . Even Carter this year is on the fringe , literally and in quality .

#75 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

Just as well . Behind the scrum without Eliott we are blunt , and we have so many chances and spells of territory for scant return . Even Carter this year is on the fringe , literally and in quality .

bretts just not a winger is he. He's just wasted out there. Hopefully we get manfredi and gelling up regularly when charnley returns. Or even better send charnley up here to get match fit for a few weeks.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#76 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

No I guess he isn't , but neither is he knocking the door in to shift Murphy . His game has got a few to many rough edges this season . Not sure what to do with him - maybe get him shifted to centre with Red , or go the whole hog of playing 6 and really spark him . He seems to be lapsing in concentration on the wing . At full back you're always in the game and can't switch off , maybe he goes to sleep a bit and needs to be involved ...Dunno . He's our xfactor player , up to PV I guess to get the best out of him as we need it in attack . I remember a game last year when he floated in the middle and was dangerous , Leigh was it ?

Edited by DavidM, 11 May 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#77 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

Just got back from the game we played very well in bad conditions our defence was very good in attack was just basic rugby and it paid off in the end also big callam played his best game so far took 4-5 players to stop him but big Brett and matty were top draw and just to add mr Lupton kicking was bob on even 40/20 in there

#78 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

Like to see us use big Callum more from now on . Sheer size like that is a weapon in itself . PV has done sterling work on the defence , as Aussies do . He's talking more now of working on moves and getting value for attack , so hopefully the package comes together . Powell , Manfredi and Gelling would push that along !!

Edited by DavidM, 11 May 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#79 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Nobody was talking about you or your game until weighman, a Doncaster fan, made comment that Donny only had 4 DR players not 5 as Cox had said on the radio, so how is that us being bitter? You need to read the other posts instead of jumping right in.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#80 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

Just got back from the game we played very well in bad conditions our defence was very good in attack was just basic rugby and it paid off in the end also big callam played his best game so far took 4-5 players to stop him but big Brett and matty were top draw and just to add mr Lupton kicking was bob on even 40/20 in there

About time for Lupton. The ability is there just a matter of motivating him by the look of it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users