Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rochdale game!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

It would be easier to name the referees who are good enough the standards never been as poor
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#102 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,845 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

He gave 22 donald, 11 each, and having just watched your tries on Border TV he missed a few forward passes by both sides and an obstruction as well. (wink wink)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#103 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

He gave 22 donald, 11 each, and having just watched your tries on Border TV he missed a few forward passes by both sides and an obstruction as well. (wink wink)

That can't be right Keith.... it's a well known fact Haven never make forward passes or cause obstructions!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#104 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

Keith did it show Jordan burns disallowed try on the news the lad got.sin binned for disputing it definetely touched it down where's video refs when you need them

#105 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

We don't want them Donald . Watching SL and the NRL I've come to the view that the sooner they're out of the game the better . There's four blokes in Oz and they still won't make a definitive call ... Even when they all agree it's a try . So frustrating , get shot and get blokes there to make decisions making them . Rough will come with smooth but fair enough . It was never meant to be a total comfort blanket . Go with what you see , you'll be amazed how often you're right

Edited by DavidM, 12 May 2014 - 06:05 PM.

#106 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,845 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Keith did it show Jordan burns disallowed try on the news the lad got.sin binned for disputing it definetely touched it down where's video refs when you need them

No they didn't show that donald. However, our obsessed friend from your place, haven4ever on here and BKM on yours has been on spying again and has reported back to the Haven forum that I have posted that Haven only won because of forward passes and an obstruction, how twisted can you get!!!! Even Cox and young Weir stated on the radio that they thought there was an obstruction in that try so I suppose they are biased against Haven as well. I also said forward passes by both sides because I thought at least one of Hodson's tries was from a forward pass, but hey ho, let the kids have their bit of fun eh!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#107 Alineden

Alineden
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

We don't want them Donald . Watching SL and the NRL I've come to the view that the sooner they're out of the game the better . There's four blokes in Oz and they still won't make a definitive call ... Even when they all agree it's a try . So frustrating , get shot and get blokes there to make decisions making them . Rough will come with smooth but fair enough . It was never meant to be a total comfort blanket . Go with what you see , you'll be amazed how often you're right

I quite like the video ref part of the game. It was especially good on Premier Sports when you actually got to hear the video ref contemplating his decision and the reason for it. It would be unfair to ask the on field officials to make a split second decision only for umpteen replays and several camera angles to prove a mistake had been made. What I don't like is this looking for obstruction in nearly every try. For me that is one area where the officials should be allowed to judge it as they see it just as they do with a forward pass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users