Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax away

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

This is going to be tough. After our heroics at Whitehaven I fancied a bonus point here but Sheffield brought us back down to earth with an awesome display. I think we're still struggling to gel as a team, much like we did in our first season. Nevertheless I'll go for Fax 26, Cru 18.

#2 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

Looking forward to the trip up to Fax and a Shandy in the 3 Pigeons probably.

Can see us leaving there with a win but a BP would be nice, so I'll go 22-16 to Fax.

#3 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

Our trip up to Halifax last year was a very enjoyable day, I don't think it will be this time  Halifax 40- 12 crusaders, the league is throwing up a few surprises though mostly from teams fielding  quality duel reg players although rochdale seem to be doing well without to much help. We need to gel as a team like they have quickly or we could be all but relegated  by late June. Sort it out cru

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

Lets be honest - most of us knew that this year was always going to be a struggle and then there's the added pressure of 5 teams being demoted. We were always going to struggle against Sheffield, Featherstone and Halifax. Leigh have spent a huge amount on their squad and Doncaster have found a great spell of form. We need to competitive with the rest and so far only Rochdale has been the game we should have won but didn't

Halifax have been there or there about for the last couple of seasons BUT have struggled to get points of teams they would expect to - particularly away.

I'd agree that NW Cru aren't the finished item yet but the potential is there as we saw in Whitehaven.  I am going to be positive and put us down for a win. 22 - 26 to Crusaders.

#5 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

The cru need to put last week behind them. There was absolutely nothing they could of done to stop that sheffield team, but I do think they would of learnt alot from that result. This week I expect it to be a bit closer so im hoping for a bonus point.

As for the team gelling, yes its not the finished article but its going to have to be soon or its going to be too late!

#6 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

I am not going to Halifax expecting anything. I am going with an open mind and will just see which Crusaders team turns up? I will be happy with 100% effort regardless of result. Looking forward to the Three Pigeons as much as anything. Rochdale Hornets even train in St. Helens by the way!

#7 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

Well that was a pleasant surprise, well done the lads. The Fax fans on RLF are saying its cos they played bad rather than us being good. Couldn't make the game myself so how did we play?

#8 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Defensibly very well and took 2 of the three real chances that came our way, they threw everything at us for the first 25mins but we held strong, it wasn't that they played badly IMO they just couldn't break the Cru' defence. 

#9 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

A top defensive effort from all our players at Halifax. It was exhausting to watch so heaven knows what it was like for the players - they must be drained, I'm glad I was positive in my posts - the only one who predicted a close win for the Cru!!

#10 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

Once we got in front I never felt threatened by Halifax. Sorry if that sounds negative again but its my honest opinion after watching RL since 1970. Its a fantastic win, but its nothing if we don't beat Keighley now. Lets have a big crowd behind the team for the Keighley game. Its vital.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users