Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow predictions

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

latest score is Bulldogs 14 Barra 12  :)

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#22 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

12-0 to barra.

we are nothing but relegation fodder now.

14-12 to batley now.just  started 2nd half.

i've watched batley for just over 30 years now,so what do i know.........you'd have thought i'd have learned my lesson by now.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#23 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

ft 18-14 to barrow.

an excellent bonus point..roll on the eagles next week eh?  ;)

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#24 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

No Applegarth I notice.  Still not fit?

#25 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

Well for me that says relegation. A 18 -14 defeat thats twice we have been defeated by the basement team in the league. Tough games to come now and this team just has not got the points scoring ability to get us out of it. Hoped we might have sneaked it today but feared the worst. Think its Sheffield home next "oh dear".

Edited by greavesy, 11 May 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#26 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

ft 18-14 to barrow.

an excellent bonus point..roll on the eagles next week eh?  ;)

Barrow in bottom position, only their second win ...... I take it your post was heavy with irony.  You were right first time when you referred to relegation fodder!  Can't really regard this as an improvement of any sort.  They say losing is a habit - looks like it's an addiction for us.

#27 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

Barrow in bottom position, only their second win ...... I take it your post was heavy with irony.  You were right first time when you referred to relegation fodder!  Can't really regard this as an improvement of any sort.  They say losing is a habit - looks like it's an addiction for us.

Yeah,i'm afraid so.

two very very poor teams today.only we were obviously the worst.....our attacking options,as greavsy says,are almost non existant with no one able to create or do much at all.......i dont think i've ever seen two more ineffective centres playing at the same time.....its a case of if teams watch greenwood closely,we're stuffed.

Sheffield will score 40 or 50 with relative ease next week....oh for a danny maun,george flanagan and gareth moore in the side.......

#28 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Come on guys, show some faith.

Batley by 8.

hm

#29 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

hm

I'll keep my nose out for now.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#30 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

Really hoping we can turn Barrow over say heart says Barrow 14 Dogs 18 but head says other way round.

good call,

#31 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

Sheffield will destroy this team relegation now almost a certainty

we just cannot score points, two trys per game is not going to 

beat any team in this league.We have no pivots in the team 6,7&9

just not performing.

#32 mark backhouse

mark backhouse
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

Gareth Moore on loan would that do maybe Ben fisher out of retirement just think we need a bit of class who else is there cos this crop won't do nothing

#33 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

The highlights of yesterdays game http://www.nwemail.c...o&index=1#video

All three of Barrow's tries where due to Batley players missing tackles.  

Edited by bulldogtrev, 12 May 2014 - 09:14 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#34 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

The highlights of yesterdays game http://www.nwemail.c...o&index=1#video

All three of Barrow's tries where due to Batley players missing tackles.  

To be fair every try scored is due to players missing a tackle,but i know what you mean.

Lee Patterson is very very weak defensively and in a centre that is bad news the way we're playing.The way the Barrow player brushed him aside for the 2nd try was embarrassing and he just stands still for the 3rd.At least Charlie Martin makes an effort.

Our outside backs have been pathetically poor this year.....no kick chase game,no attacking flair (apart from Griffin when he's played) and teams are exploiting their defensive weakness.

I dread to imagine what Sheffield's back line will do to us on sunday with the likes of Brambani pulling the strings and his threequarters running at ours.

#35 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 525 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

Mark Aston has asked the league if they can put the three points on now being as its over 10 seasons since we beat them in the league. Cannot see a win at all we are the most sterile attacking side in the division. Scoring more than 2 tries per game seems to be the norm . Sheffield will score at least 5. We need some inspiration from somewhere we are woefully short of class and leadership . I will be there to give my support as i hope other true supporters are but i fear the worst. Championship 1 here we come unless a massive improvement happens and Quickly. Is their another Tomlinson out there with his boots over his shoulder looking for a club ???

Edited by greavesy, 13 May 2014 - 10:16 AM.