Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh - 11 May. Discussion!

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#21 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

FWIW I believe one team will get a bonus point

#22 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

.....and the remaining two points for the win. Can't see us getting near enough for a BP.

#23 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

Iv actually got a sneaky feeling about Sunday! Callan becket for centre? I'd bring in farrel and wrighty too!

#24 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

Better tacklers though GOR. Hepworth could do with a rest, he fell off too many tackles on Sunday. I reckon that Pryce won't play - he went off very early against Keighley with an ankle injury, i believe, that he has been carrying for a few weeks. I agree with CF that Scott might be better at centre - it will at least mean that he is supposed to be defending there this time. Is Austin up to it? Do we have anyone else to play on the wing?

Well lose but I hope that we don't go down without a battle. This means that the team need to show a bit more mettle than in previous defeats - a bit of mongrel, as the Aussies would say.

Rams 18 - 34 Lobbygobblers

Att 1300

First Rams try - Scott

As I shall miss this game I am confident that I won't win the HT draw.

Maybe play scott at centre and play Robinson on the wing. I'm sure his month loan at Rochdale is over now. 

#25 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Playing against the most consistent team in the league,and the best by the look of things,we need to play to the same standards as we did in the Batley game to have a chance of a b-point, can't see it happening:
Rams 14 - 36 Leigh, Godwin to get first try.

#26 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

Dewsbury 22 Leigh 36

First try: Thackeray

Att: 1234

#27 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

FWIW I believe one team will get a bonus point

You're right craig - I think the dogs will get one against Barrow. ;)

#28 Shipley Ram

Shipley Ram
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

Rams 20 Leigh 18

Grady 1st scorer
RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.
CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

#29 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

It depends which Dewsbury side turn up, the very good one or the very bad one, the very good Dewsbury side could give Leigh a very good game whereas the very bad Dewsbury side could see a long afternoon.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#30 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

It depends which Dewsbury side turn up, the very good one or the very bad one, the very good Dewsbury side could give Leigh a very good game whereas the very bad Dewsbury side could see a long afternoon.

And whether the very good Leigh side or the even better one turn up. I think all we can expect from the lads is that they give their all and do themselves and the fans proud. Miracles do happen, but they tend to be few and far between in this neck of the woods. A BP would be a mighty impressive result.

#31 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Totally agree with GOR,we'll have to be at the very top of our game & Leigh off theirs & you never know!!! GM says there's going to be changes no choice after last week's symbolic performance,can't see Pryce playing(shame) I'd bring Beckett into centre for him,drop Hemingway & put Hyde back in halfs to give us a bit more go forward in middle,don't know who'll play FB my choice would be Morton!! If Aizue's fit get him back in side more power that's what we've been short of. Anyway I'll go rams 20 leythers 16,1st try Thackeray att 1,501

#32 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

Totally agree with GOR,we'll have to be at the very top of our game & Leigh off theirs & you never know!!! GM says there's going to be changes no choice after last week's symbolic performance,can't see Pryce playing(shame) I'd bring Beckett into centre for him,drop Hemingway & put Hyde back in halfs to give us a bit more go forward in middle,don't know who'll play FB my choice would be Morton!! If Aizue's fit get him back in side more power that's what we've been short of. Anyway I'll go rams 20 leythers 16,1st try Thackeray att 1,501

Morton at fullback means no good winger, and who replaces him at winger? Hyde at 6 means no goal kicker which if we score a try (which after last week that is an if) we could drop a lot of points, 2 points do mean a lot as it has proved in the past. Aizue would be the warhorse forward that we needed at Keighley. I'd put Hyde on the bench personally, he does provide cover in many places.

#33 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

And whether the very good Leigh side or the even better one turn up. I think all we can expect from the lads is that they give their all and do themselves and the fans proud. Miracles do happen, but they tend to be few and far between in this neck of the woods. A BP would be a mighty impressive result.

Leigh are proving the team to beat, I think I know what Leigh side are turning up

#34 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

Anyway here would be my squad for Leigh, I realise this May not be to everyone's liking and it's a change to other lines ups I have posted in the past.

1. Sheriff
2. Morton
3. Spicer
4. Beckett
5. Scott
6. Hemingway
7. Thackeray
8. Aizue
9. Godwin
10. Haggerty
11. Hepworth
12. Pryce
13. Gallagher

14. Farrell
15. Dowes
16. Hyde
17. Wright

I repeat, it may not be to everyone's liking, not everyone may agree with what team I have put forward (so and so is useless, so and so isn't very good there, all that stuff) but I'd give it a try, it might turn out better than expected.

#35 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Anyway here would be my squad for Leigh, I realise this May not be to everyone's liking and it's a change to other lines ups I have posted in the past.

1. Sheriff
2. Morton
3. Spicer
4. Beckett
5. Scott
6. Hemingway
7. Thackeray
8. Aizue
9. Godwin
10. Haggerty
11. Hepworth
12. Pryce
13. Gallagher

14. Farrell
15. Dowes
16. Hyde
17. Wright

I repeat, it may not be to everyone's liking, not everyone may agree with what team I have put forward (so and so is useless, so and so isn't very good there, all that stuff) but I'd give it a try, it might turn out better than expected.

Afraid you won't get your wish with Pryce at 12 Kelsey - GM has publicly stated that he doesn't have the engine for the back row.

#36 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

He did GOR, that was my question he answered I think, although I would like to see it.

Edited by Kelsey The Ram, 10 May 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#37 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

Morton at fullback means no good winger, and who replaces him at winger? Hyde at 6 means no goal kicker which if we score a try (which after last week that is an if) we could drop a lot of points, 2 points do mean a lot as it has proved in the past. Aizue would be the warhorse forward that we needed at Keighley. I'd put Hyde on the bench personally, he does provide cover in many places.

If Graham's choice were to come to fruition, then Hyde would be the goal kicker with Morton as second choice; both are accomplished (!) goal kickers. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#38 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

Aizue is great going forward but not the greatest on defence, lack of mobility being a bit of a liability. Added to this that he is only good for about 25mins in total means that the pressure on the rest of the pack increases.

As for Pryce 40/20 refer to him as "reliably enigmatic" which I thought was wonderful - he does need a rest however and this is the best game to do it.

As GOR has commented previously the lack of opportunity for the lesser lights means that we don't know what to expect so shouldn't judge them too harshly if they do get the chance.

I shall be following progress from Asia Minor with great interest.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#39 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

Can't see us getting a point , Leigh are on fire at the minute.
Rams 16 -Leigh 34. First try scorer Grady.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#40 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

Rams 12 - Leigh 32. First rams try scorer Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users