Leigh - 11 May. Discussion!

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#41 binosh

binosh
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

looking forward to coming over and enjoying the clubs hospitality, Go the Centurions, see you all at 3!

#42 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Dewsbury 16 Leigh 34

First try: Grady

Att 1400

#43 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

Winning 8-0 at ht. Haggerty send off at the hooter.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#44 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

Ref should had put it on report like he did with the Leigh lad, going to be hard with 12 men, keep it up lads!!!

#45 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Average Rugby League Player. Professional C##k

#46 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

Lucky not to leave the field earlier than he did. Clearly loves playing the idiot tries to wind players and fans alike. That sort of act is better placed in a circus or pantomime.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#47 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

Aizue is great going forward but not the greatest on defence, lack of mobility being a bit of a liability. Added to this that he is only good for about 25mins in total means that the pressure on the rest of the pack increases.

As for Pryce 40/20 refer to him as "reliably enigmatic" which I thought was wonderful - he does need a rest however and this is the best game to do it.

As GOR has commented previously the lack of opportunity for the lesser lights means that we don't know what to expect so shouldn't judge them too harshly if they do get the chance.

I shall be following progress from Asia Minor with great interest.

Blind side johnny, on 05 May 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:snapback.png

But going forward he's very deceptive - he's much slower than you think!

Here's an interesting question: how many squad changes do you expect for the Leigh game?

And I bet he would still comfortably outpace our current wingers over fifty yards

I rest my case - 75 yarder wasn't it ? ;)  Enjoy your holiday BSJ.

#48 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

12-28 . Extra man counted in the end , with 13 I think we would have had a BP. Not sure why Haggerty flattened RB . I'm disappointed he didn't keep his cool TBH. That said I can't remember a team have so many penalties against them for head high tackles. When we were 13v13 and 12v12 we looked good enough .Every team bar us and Sheffield picked up points. We must win at Barrow it's very congested from us down to the bottom.

[

#49 Tony Ramfan

Tony Ramfan
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

Spot the obvious random Drug testee. Complete Kn*b 

#50 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

what occurred?

do tell!!

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#51 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Spent most of the match posing about and trying to wind players up. Failed and then got sin binned at the end. Bit of a idiot and pretty ordinary player. Doubt he will be quite as "tough"against Leeds.

Mind you he had some competition in the stupid stakes. McNally spent most of the game complaining to the referee and throwing the ball away. And don't mention the fat Leigh "trainer" trying to incite trouble at the sending off.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 11 May 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#52 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

Good performance apart from the sending off. Thought Hyde had a very good game, back at half back, Sherriffe did well in the forwards, good tackling stint.

Didn't think 8-0 was enough with the wind, but one man down it was game over. The Leigh player who flattened Beckett off the ball was very lucky to stay on.

#53 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

Good performance apart from the sending off. Thought Hyde had a very good game, back at half back, Sherriffe did well in the forwards, good tackling stint.

Didn't think 8-0 was enough with the wind, but one man down it was game over. The Leigh player who flattened Beckett off the ball was very lucky to stay on.

Ref bottled it. The Leigh player who hit Beckett should have been sent off as should Jamie Acton for retaliation from the Haggarty incident. How can one be put on report and another a red card? 

#54 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

Guys have some dignity in defeat. A better ref and you would have been on the end of a cricket score

#55 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

I couldn't quite see the Beckett incident. I would like to see it it again. It was near the TJ so not sure why a decision couldn't be made.

[

#56 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

Some say a better ref would have seen Beckett flattened off the ball. Both teams coughed up the ball enough to ensure there would be no cricket score regardless of the ref.

[

#57 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

Guys have some dignity in defeat. A better ref and you would have been on the end of a cricket score

After seeing a team play with such un-sportsman like conduct maybe it's your players who should play with some dignity instead of trying to cheat your way through a game!

#58 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

I couldn't quite see the Beckett incident. I would like to see it it again. It was near the TJ so not sure why a decision couldn't be made.

Maybe it was the same TJ who disallowed a clear try for us. Merrick was clueless yet again!

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 11 May 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#59 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

and who are you ???

ah .....i get it....your on here to gloat.....but got no fodder ?

Edited by RPH, 11 May 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#60 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Anyone hear what GM had to say after the game ?

[

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users