• Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

Big news tomorrow morning at 9am

Nahaboo quashes rumours as search for Head Coach continues

Thursday 8th May 2014

18814.jpgStory in brief:
Major announcement tomorrow at 9am

Majority Shareholder Feisal Nahaboo can confirm that the search for Head Coach continues. Nahaboo said: "A number of experienced and prominent names have thrown their CV's into the ring to be considered for the position. We've been flattered, we were always going to be associated with various experienced and prolific names but there is a shortlist that the club is looking at and we haven't gone beyond that at this stage. The professionalism and confidentiality inside the club has been exemplary as our ideal candidates have not even been mentioned in the press and that's how it should remain. Our fans need to be patient. The appointment of our next coach will be the right one for the club and such Head Coach will build with the club and share the club's new vision and ambition and we know where the potential and hunger is and we are in close discussions with them. Those on the shortlist are all well connected coaches who have experience in various Super League Clubs and will help attract the player with the right attitude to this club. The Head Coach will be a fantastic manager who will win our dressing room, not for what he has accomplished, but for who he is, what he stands for and what transparent qualities he brings to the dressing room. There's no rush. We have faith in Danny Evans and our squad. They have rallied together and we expect a big response from them this Sunday at Sheffield. Much of our talent will be renewing contracts. They've been told and they are excited. There have been mass developments since Monday's announcements. A new player will be joining this week, with more to follow in the next few weeks. The biggest news for our fans will be announced at 9am tomorrow morning. This will signal investors' real intent in building Featherstone into a long-term, self-sustainable club with 'lipstick monies' that place no threat to the future of the club, but instead gives the club a pot to go for top league rugby. The investors have ambition to win, and commercially it's a good time to build and win honours with a community-based club built on solid values. We have a fantastic foundation that delivers so much to our local community and beyond which the trustees plan to grow year on year. The world is changing and there is demand for community-run clubs. Men from the City are attracted to our club because they recognise the integrity of the game and the new incentives introduced by the RFL."

We would also like to announce that the club will be holding a press conference, please see below for full details.

Featherstone Press Conference

10am-10:30am 2nd June 2014
Held at The Big Fellas Stadium, Post Office Road, Featherstone

Announcement of:
Investors
investment plans
squad additions

5-year business plan
Super League Plans

We would like to invite all local and national media to attend our press coverage to give detail behind Featherstone Rovers Development Programme.  Please contact Paul Taylor on paul.taylor@featherstonerovers.net

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

Sounds very positive. The background to the new coach sounds very like a John Kear profile. Any guesses about the new player?

#3 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

Judging by what he has said are the reasons why the investors are attracted to the club, it is you......the wonderful people of the Featherstone Rovers Community, those that live both near and far, who have done much more than just turned up to watch the team on a Sunday. The volunteers at this club are amazing!

#4 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

Great news, cant wait to see/hear what the plans are but that was the shortest press blackout of all time!

#5 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

please not Mcgoldrick.....

#6 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

as for the coach, reading between the lines about 'who they are and what they have done' you can't see past either Noble or Kear really. There was talk it wont be noble because he has bad mouthed the club in the past, so who else could he be referring to ? Cullen, Agar, Lowes these neverachieved anything as coaches so count them out.
Who knows he has had relative success coaching the underdog sides, with no funds so maybe he deserves a shot with one of the top teams in the league who will have funds available ?

#7 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Lipstick monies???? So the team look their best no doubt

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#8 Bullock Shed

Bullock Shed
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

The answer to all this is wait and see .I can remember when this club did not have two pennies to rub together .When investors come do we say no , go to another club I do not think so !Faisal cannot be an idiot to get where he is so lets look forward.

#9 knottla

knottla
  • Facebook
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Deano , James Lowes is now following in the footsteps of a certain DP by coaching Leeds Carnegie,and it looks like he's taking them back to the premiership.I know this may have little bearing on coaching an RL team, but he may have learned something about where he went wrong at Warrington.

#10 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

I hope the club stays loyal to the meat pie suppliers, the one on Sunday was spot on.

#11 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

Theyd be silly pukkas not to .

#12 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:20 PM

I wouldnt rule james lowes out........

#13 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

i would
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#14 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

I wouldnt rule james lowes out........

Neither would I, but I've got a sneaky feeling it's going to be Justin Morgan

Edited by Maureen T-k, 09 May 2014 - 07:45 AM.

Im Fev and im proud

#15 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

Neither would I, but I've got a sneaky feeling it's going to be Justin Morgan

Or like I posted on Facebook the gorgeous Paul Sculthorpe
Im Fev and im proud

#16 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:49 AM

According to the website this morning Feisal as promised financial backing for the stand volunteers to enable them to finish the project, that is good news
Im Fev and im proud

#17 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

Fantastic news and keep up the good work well done

#18 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

According to the website this morning Feisal as promised financial backing for the stand volunteers to enable them to finish the project, that is good news

Great to see some money going to the volenteers who are doing a excellent job at Fev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users