Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

I like Rugby Union.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 jus de couchon

jus de couchon
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

I also like Rugby League. I live in London and go to Harlequins R.U. Before they moved to North London I used to part with my hard earned and go to the Stoop to watch the Broncos. I lived in Queensland for several years and was a "Maroon" v the NSW loosers. My question is , Why cant a large number of R.L supporters get the chip off their shoulders regarding R.U ?
Our games are similar and are bereft of the mutual hatred espoused by soccer heads. The North England v soft Southerners is a myth.

#2 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

I also like Rugby League. I live in London and go to Harlequins R.U. Before they moved to North London I used to part with my hard earned and go to the Stoop to watch the Broncos. I lived in Queensland for several years and was a "Maroon" v the NSW loosers. My question is , Why cant a large number of R.L supporters get the chip off their shoulders regarding R.U ?
Our games are similar and are bereft of the mutual hatred espoused by soccer heads. The North England v soft Southerners is a myth.

Jus, this is a discussion to be had but I think it will be shortly be a discussion for the other forum.

#3 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

If you think the relationship between RL and RU is bereft of mutual hatred between the two, well, I don't even know where to start except to tell you to brush up on your history.

#4 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

The 100 years of apartheid is hard to forget but my Union hatred is restricted to the Hierarchy, and not the fan/player - the racism is still alive and well, don't ever think it isn't 

#5 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

As already stated you might want to brush up on the history of the two codes, many fans are still clinging on to this for old time's sake.

28m391z.jpg

#6 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,264 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

As already stated you might want to brush up on the history of the two codes, many fans are still clinging on to this for old time's sake.

You're obviously not fully acquainted with what still happens "on the front line" at amateur level.

And even if you remove that aspect, the fact remains that most fans used to watching rugby league find Union slow and generally dull. Union fans could counter and say they find league lacking in variety (scrums and line outs for example) so there are some perfectly good reasons why people won't automatically spend hard earned money on the other code. If I were a league fan in London, I'd probably rather head off to Skolars or Hemel than to an RU game.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#7 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

Ask a French Treiziste.

And *nion is a pile of unwatchable 5h!te.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#8 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

And time to lock this already I think.  I'd have locked it immediately because the original poster can't read it here and the rest of it has been done to death

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users