Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kevin Sinfield at hooker!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Where in my post do I say that it isn't?

You didn't, where in my post did I say that you did.

Its his best position, others are filling in the blanks.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#22 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Cameron Smith isn't that quick but is regarded by many as the best hooker to have played the game

He's not super quick like an Isaac Luke or a Daryl Clark but he is fairly quick to an extent. Smith is always a couple of seconds ahead of everyone else aswell which makes him able to make those extra metres. I'd class Sinfield as slow but Smith as just slightly above average pace. You don't need to be rapid to play international RL but you cannot be slow as you'll get found out in most positions.

#23 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

God not this again.
Sinfield has played international rugby league for close to 15 years, under several different coaches. Either they are all corrupt or he's a pretty decent player. But no, 'pundits' on here know far better, don't they? Last year he won the Golden Boot as the world's best player. Again, the people who voted for him don't know as much as the trolls on here.
What is it about this country that causes us to take our sporting heroes and prefer to try and knock them off their pedestals rather than be grateful for their contribution?

#24 John Lock

John Lock
  • Facebook
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Simple, he plays for Rhinos so no chance he will get credit from others. There's a reason he got golden boot, a reason why he's won so much at Rhinos and that he got made England captain. He is a brilliant player and leader, though I wouldnt start him hooker but would definitely have him in the halves with Widdop. 

Edited by John Lock, 10 May 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#25 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

Simple, he plays for Rhinos so no chance he will get credit from others. There's a reason he got golden boot, a reason why he's won so much at Rhinos and that he got made England captain. He is a brilliant player and leader, though I wouldnt start him hooker but would definitely have him in the halves with Widdop. 

He's a great player, he has great skill.

His best position is hooker.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#26 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

He's a great player, he has great skill.

His best position is hooker.

...with Tomkins and Widdop in the halves and Hardaker at fullback.

I'm looking forward to the 4N already! C'mon England!

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 11 May 2014 - 05:53 AM.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner