Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Aaron Heremaia signs for Widnes for 2015

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

According to that most trustworthy of publications...

http://www.hulldaily...tail/story.html

Intelligent footballer, great off the bench when used properly.

Will be replaced by recalling James Cunningham back from London.

At least he'll be cheap.

Best of luck to Aaron at the Vikings, expect he'll be their starting hooker, hope he goes well for them.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Azza will be a good signing for Widnes if true, hugely underated and probably not had the best of luck with injuries in his time at Hull, but a very versatile player who defends well above his weight and is extremely creative when give the opportunity to do just that.

#3 Vikingstorm

Vikingstorm
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

Im Happy with this signing and Yes we will have two Nines in him and Carberry
[QUOTE]“THE enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction. There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of Hell for Saddam. As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity. But those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.

#4 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

It's now official, 2 year deal for 2015 and 2016.

I've always rated him when he played against us.

A good signing for Widnes.

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#5 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

Pleased for Aaron he is a nice humbled person and a good sort to have a chat with.

#6 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

delighted by this signing aaron was always a quality player when he was a leigh and has matured into a superb hooker 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#7 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Im Happy with this signing and Yes we will have two Nines in him and Carberry

What about Clarke and White? Hasn't Lloyd White just signed a new deal?

#8 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

i can see lloyd moving into the back row 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#9 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

delighted by this signing aaron was always a quality player when he was a leigh and has matured into a superb hooker

Delighted by the signing if an overseas pivot? That's a bit hypocritical of you isn't it?
Posted Image

#10 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Delighted by the signing if an overseas pivot? That's a bit hypocritical of you isn't it?

No to mention the sweet irony of the recent comments regarding Hull's youth development system.

Anyway, good luck to Heremaia, he's been outstanding for us. Always plays with bags of heart and enthusiasm. Pound for pound I think he's one of the toughest players I've ever seen.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#11 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

No to mention the sweet irony of the recent comments regarding Hull's youth development system.

Anyway, good luck to Heremaia, he's been outstanding for us. Always plays with bags of heart and enthusiasm. Pound for pound I think he's one of the toughest players I've ever seen.

He will be missed. Always gives 100% and often changes the game. Looks like we're trying to save money and hit the recruitment hard.
Posted Image

#12 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

He will be missed. Always gives 100% and often changes the game. Looks like we're trying to save money and hit the recruitment hard.

Save money correct, two hookers on big money doesn't make sense but the most important fact is that we need to get Cunningham playing first team football for us or we could risk losing a very talented local player.

#13 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

Not to mention the fact he's 31......

#14 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

Not to mention the fact he's 31......

Will be interesting the next comment about Hull FC, you know, considering this 31 year old NZ hooker is being replaced by an academy product.

I suppose Salford managed to get hold of Logan Tomkins before Widnes had the chance though.
Posted Image

#15 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

beggars can't be choosers we need a quality 9 and aaron is just that 

#16 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

beggars can't be choosers we need a quality 9 and aaron is just that

Massive hypocrite, so its wrong when any other club signs an ageing overseas player that stops a young player breaking through, but ok for widnes to do it because "needs must"?

#17 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

we have liam carberry and grant gore on the verge but herremaia is a stop gap until they are both ready in time carberrry or gore will be our first choice 9

#18 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

And that's OK? Even though every time any club signs an overseas player you are in it hammering them. Hypocrite.

Good on hull for trusting youth.

Edited by dkw, 10 May 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#19 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

not a hypocrite just a realist i wish we could get an english hooker but all the best ones are tied to long term deals 

#20 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

And with that any credibility you had is blown away.