Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

11/05/14 - The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Dreamer

Dreamer
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Maybe if Paul March kept his opinions to himself he wouldn't get banned.

Maybe you should read point 2) above.

#22 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

Maybe we match going fans who have had to put up with his cheating and constant harassment of refs feel he has got what he deserves, finally.

#23 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

Maybe you should read point 2) above.

And how many times has March been banned, sin-binned and sent off for exactly the same offence? He was serving a 4 match ban at this time for comments made as a player. Presumably those comments were made by a fan as well?

Why does he think all match officials are conspiring against him? What reason would referees have to go out of their way to pick on him? DKW is right, he constantly harasses refs and has for years. His ban is of his own making.

#24 Dreamer

Dreamer
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

I see, so you two are condemning him by his past behaviour?

I have to say that when he first came to Keighley I was aghast, but he cleaned his act up under Jason Demetriou and although he has been a bad lad of late, in this instance I think there is some good cause for doubt.

From the Keighley site:

Simon Harrison of A1 Stairlifts view of the Paul March ban

Simon Harrison, major sponsor and lifelong supporter of Keighley Cougars, has asked us to post this statement on his behalf.

I attended the disciplinary panel last Thursday and told the panel what happened just after the Leigh match. There was a lot of booing and shouting at the match officials and I decided to make my feelings known to them so I went down to the tunnel. Just as I shouted what I felt Marchy pushed past me. The match officials turned to look and saw him. They clearly assumed it was Marchy who questioned the referee but it wasn’t. It was me. Immediately afterwards I went to Neil Cullen, the CEO, and apologised stating that I feared I had got Marchy into trouble. Marchy shouldn’t have been found guilty of the allegation in my view.

Posted on: May 12th, 2014

I've watched rl for long enough to know there are many in SL and the championship who are more than happy to partake in foul play and influencing the ref and that includes Workington and Dewsbury!

#25 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

So it was the major sponsor of the club abusing the match official then?

Brilliant. Suggest next time the clubs major sponsor decides to abuse a match official he shouldn't do when stood next to someone already banned for abusing a match official and with a long track record of abusing match officials. A credit to his club.

#26 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

surely the performance of the round was crusaders win at halifax brilliant result

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#27 Dreamer

Dreamer
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

So it was the major sponsor of the club abusing the match official then?
Brilliant. Suggest next time the clubs major sponsor decides to abuse a match official he shouldn't do when stood next to someone already banned for abusing a match official and with a long track record of abusing match officials. A credit to his club.

I am defending neither March's past nor the behaviour of the sponsor, they are indefensible. I take it your recent loss at Keighley hurt ;-)

I've been to Dewsbury on many occasions and the language on the terraces and in the bar after the match (and that includes some of your players, sponsors and directors) is a "credit to your club" too.

The behaviour of players, coaches and directors toward both the RFL and the Match officials has seriously worsened of late and as I've said, I think this is a case of someone with a bad record being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

#28 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

So which Dewsbury sponsors and directors have been abusing match officials?

Which Dewsbury players have been sent off/banned for abusing match officials?

Spectators are a different matter.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 15 May 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#29 Dreamer

Dreamer
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

So which Dewsbury sponsors and directors have been abusing match officials?

Which Dewsbury players have been sent off/banned for abusing match officials?

I don't believe I said that.

Anyway its all moot now, March has been found guilty by the appeals tribunal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users