TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

09/05/14 - Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC by 21 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Hull FC by 13 to 20 points (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Hull FC by 1 to 12 points (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Wigan Warriors by 1 to 12 points (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

6. Wigan Warriors by 13 to 20 points (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

7. Wigan Warriors by 21 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Discuss Hull FC v Wigan Warriors here:

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

We usually struggle in Hull with strong teams out, so I fear tonight FC will be too strong. As long as the time keepers are fair this time, that's all anyone can hope for :).

#3 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

I'd expect a response of some sorts following last weeks capitulation against Wakey. Exactly what form that response will take is anybody's guess. I want to see (or hear at least): forwards ripping in in attack & defence, half-backs taking on the line & swinging out accurate passes to threequarters running at full pace into gaps.....and a full back drifting in to make an extra man....for a full 80min ...the odd decent field kick, bomb & conversion attempt wouldn't go amiss

What I'll probably get is 20mins of "biff" followed by the usual pedestrian 1-out football accompanied by unforced errors and needless penalties.

Can't see anything other than a Wigan win. The doomometer is enterring the amber/red zone.....

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#4 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

We usually struggle in Hull with strong teams out, so I fear tonight FC will be too strong. As long as the time keepers are fair this time, that's all anyone can hope for :).

I'm sorry EW that has to be tongue in cheek surely?

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

I want to see (or hear at least): forwards ripping in in attack & defence, half-backs taking on the line & swinging out accurate passes to threequarters running at full pace into gaps.....and a full back drifting in to make an extra man....for a full 80min ...the odd decent field kick, bomb & conversion attempt wouldn't go amiss

There aren't any drugs strong enough.

Even with a weakened Pies outfit, Hull will struggle and come up short as usual

Inept FC 14 Wigoon 28.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#6 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

I'm sorry EW that has to be tongue in cheek surely?

Of course. I'll put extra smileys on in future.

(In case it seemed out of context, at the DW last year, the clock stopped for longer than it should have done, and in the "extra" time FC scored the winning DG, iirc.)

One thing that occurred to me when thinking about this was whether the KC is as genuinely terrifying as the Boulevard used to be. From a distance I'd say not, but the locals may have other views...

Edited by Exiled Wiganer, 09 May 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#7 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

No fears at all at a half empty cavern like the KC.

The Boulevard was a hostile cauldron (except for HKR) due to the full stands either side and close to the pitch. The folk of Hull were very parochial....isolated from civilisation almost...and would show this when visitors had the nerve to...God help anyone from Lancashire. And then you had to get out of the narrow Terraced streets typical of Hessle Road. Oh for those days.

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

About 400 Wigan fans here inc: Mr and Mrs John M.

Not a bad turnout.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

Soft try, 0-4.

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

0-6.

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Wigan A finding plenty of gaps here.

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

0-10, Gelling over.

#13 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

What on earth has happened to Gelling? He seems to be suffering from an outbreak of "quite good" syndrome.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

0-12 with the kick.

#15 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

What on earth has happened to Gelling? He seems to be suffering from an outbreak of "quite good" syndrome.

He always had potential, I just never thought we'd see him realise it. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

0-14.

Why Wigan bothered with a penalty when they're strolling through is beyond me.

#17 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

0-14.

Why Wigan bothered with a penalty when they're strolling through is beyond me.

need the kicking practice for next week.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

My word, Ellis over.

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Miller converts, 6-14.

#20 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

Hull have signed Jamie Shaul to a 5 year sentence.

Sad to see a promising youngster commit himself before the team can show any promise of competing at the top.

Surely Leeds or Wigan would have been better options. Who is his agent?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users