Players

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

Hopefully from next week when the examination starts . As wonky says we should have enough on paper to compete on equal terms with the Rochdale's if we're on our game . We'll see , as ever , how it pans out on grass .

Edited by DavidM, 10 May 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#22 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

If it were at Derwent Park I'd be confident.....but it isn't

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

Indeed

#24 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

As a side note for someone of Peter Luptons talent to be only putting enough effort in to get on the bench falls only just short of theft.

#25 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

Beggars can't be choosers

#26 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

As a side note for someone of Peter Luptons talent to be only putting enough effort in to get on the bench falls only just short of theft.

if we had anyone else I wouldn't have him there either. He's been poor at best this year. Like he was in his 1st year with us, not sure what sparked his performances last year but he needs to find that fire again this.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#27 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

Nor would I, if he isn't interested he should ask to be released and we could use the money on someone that is, preferably a half back or prop.

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

I criticise blokes for ability , but I don't know about effort . To me it looks like Peter just hasn't got the legs or spark in his game anymore . Comes to everyone . When Karl is fit he has that spot every time , but I'm sure peter has plenty to offer on the coaching side .

Edited by DavidM, 10 May 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#29 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

I criticise blokes for ability , but I don't know about effort . To me it looks like Peter just hasn't got the legs or spark in his game anymore . Comes to everyone . When Karl is fit he has that spot every time , but I'm sure peter has plenty to offer on the coaching side .

i agree, he looks a step slower than last year, all them years playing are catching up, and it's not as if he was quick to begin with. The biggest disappointment is this year he is head and shoulders above everyone with experience, yet that dosent seem to be converting to the pitch. Matty is the one who seems to have stepped up and is leading us, along with stack, and it's great to see, I would still like to see more of his darting runs from dummy half where there's no one as good as him around our division, but it's good to see him taking on that added responsibility. And he's here next year regardless of league.

#30 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

i agree, he looks a step slower than last year, all them years playing are catching up, and it's not as if he was quick to begin with. The biggest disappointment is this year he is head and shoulders above everyone with experience, yet that dosent seem to be converting to the pitch. Matty is the one who seems to have stepped up and is leading us, along with stack, and it's great to see, I would still like to see more of his darting runs from dummy half where there's no one as good as him around our division, but it's good to see him taking on that added responsibility. And he's here next year regardless of league.

Dya honestly believe matty will be with you next year if you get relegated ? if you go down and haven or barrow stay up he,ll be moving believe me there,ll be a lot more coin available in a higher league contract or not

#31 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Dya honestly believe matty will be with you next year if you get relegated ? if you go down and haven or barrow stay up he,ll be moving believe me there,ll be a lot more coin available in a higher league contract or not

do you honestly believe haven or barrow will stay up? and do you think either can afford to pay town a fee for any player? Wake up.

#32 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

yes we know after all the arguing and negativity on your forum a win against batley and your world beaters again who are staying up.

#33 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:29 PM

D'ya honestly believe Matty would sign for Haven again.... now you really are deluded!!!

Edited by OttO, 10 May 2014 - 10:29 PM.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#34 Haven2010

Haven2010
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

Why would we want Matty back, Newton is doing fine for us hence his inclusion in the team of the week on more than one occasion.

#35 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

Why would we want Matty back, Newton is doing fine for us hence his inclusion in the team of the week on more than one occasion.

it's a haven fan that's saying it. Not any town fans. Donald likes to come across all decent, but he's like all other haven fans, deluded.

Edited by wonky, 11 May 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#36 Haven2010

Haven2010
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

Personally think after mattys contract runs too, may pack in due too injurys and having a young family.

#37 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Personally think after mattys contract runs too, may pack in due too injurys and having a young family.

its a large possibility. He's signed on for next year, but after that who knows. That was maybe the reason for him wanting a 3 year contract, 3 years then call it a day. It's a shame he has had so many injuries as he is a top class act.

#38 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

Haven fans were certain about what Matty was doing last time..........

#39 Haven2010

Haven2010
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

Time will tell.

#40 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 552 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

Nah not deluded me all I'm saying is would he prefer to play in the new sl2 or in champ against Gloucester Oxford etc if he had a choice I know what I think he would do but let's wait and see we might all stay up yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users