Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

Toal try , shaw goal. 18-14
A negative mind will never give a positive life....... ;-)

#22 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

18-14 FT.

My god we made a meal of it though.

#23 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

18-14 FT.

My god we made a meal of it though.

Wouldn't say that. Defence was very good compared to most other games this season, minus a couple of stupid mistakes.

Batley are in trouble if they play like that every week too

#24 Walnut

Walnut
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

Not too bad a game today. Raiders just lacked confidence but that will grow. Man for man we were the better side and we only went to sleep for 10 minutes before half time. Fitness is no longer a problem and the backing up today was good, as was the defence near our own line. These players are being coached well now  and this team is going in the right direction. 

I look forward to the rest of the season now because although we may still go down, at last we have a coach who will improve the team week by week and his heart is obviously in the job. The team spirit today was as good as I have seen for many seasons.

#25 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

Enjoyed the game, two nervous sides, but Raiders kept going for full 80 minutes, Positives, 3 brilliant tries, Max Wiper deserves a medal for his, and Dan Toal nearly back to his best. Kicking game good , using wind. Negatives, 3 penalties 14 points, not enough sets completed, but well done looking forward to rest of season, with more improvement to come.

#26 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

7 points off 9th now.

If we win our next 4 games we will be in with a great shout. Dewsbury, Rochdale, Doncaster at home and Keighley away needs 10 points minimum. 12 points will put us on 20 points after 15 games which will put us in the mix with the other sides.

We have been improving every game under Goulding and with French players coming in we may have a chance in staying up yet.

We just need 10 points from the next 4 games minimum otherwise we are down.

#27 imranpatel87

imranpatel87
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

Well played barrow, u fully deserved da win. We wer pathetic as usual, gud luck 4 da rest of da season.

Imran, batley fan

#28 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

we tried our best to lose the game to be honest !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#29 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,562 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

It was great to see Bobby Goulding dash on the field and hug each of the players in turn on the final hooter. Judging by the crowd reaction you would have thought we had won the Challenge Cup. Just general relief I think.

The crowd was not announced but I think it was about 1000, Not bad with competition from football.

Posted Image

#30 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

It was great to see Bobby Goulding dash on the field and hug each of the players in turn on the final hooter. Judging by the crowd reaction you would have thought we had won the Challenge Cup. Just general relief I think.

The crowd was not announced but I think it was about 1000, Not bad with competition from football.

Crowd was announced as 940 wasn't it? 

#31 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

we tried our best to lose the game to be honest !!

how have you worked that one out?

#32 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

how have you worked that one out?

Lots of silly errors. 30 seconds left and we decided to give them the ball and then give a penalty away.

If we had kept the ball better they wouldn't of got a bonus point.

#33 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

Thought the defence won us the game today. We played well in parts but as goulding mentioned after the game the completion rates were not as good as he wanted. The fitness levels are visably much better than they were at the start of the season. This win will hopefully kick start our season, but teams down the bottom keep picking up unlikely wins like north wales did against halifax.

Edited by richie keay, 11 May 2014 - 09:43 PM.

Posted Image

#34 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

Just arrived home and I'm shattered.
We are definitely improving game on game and our fitness level is improving too.
I was bothered that we were going to throw it away again but generally our defence was pretty good.
I had hoped we would deny them a bonus point but in truth we were all grateful for a win at the end.
Dewsbury next week will be another challenge but from now on in all games will be tough, but we ARE improving under Bobbie Goulding and are moving in the right direction.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#35 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

Lots of silly errors. 30 seconds left and we decided to give them the ball and then give a penalty away.

If we had kept the ball better they wouldn't of got a bonus point.

But I don't think we tried our best to lose the game though

#36 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

But I don't think we tried our best to lose the game though

Thats your opinion mate but I will stick to the statement and Bobby said almost as much in the interview after the game !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#37 Campeze

Campeze
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

Att 950

A more exciting game of rugby hasn't been seen at CP for a few seasons!!

Yest I was very proud to be a fan of Barrow Raiders!

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users