TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Saturday - Some tight games - not!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,042 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

Ye gods, the scorekeepers were kept busy today!

The Warriors unleashed a torrent leaving a Raiders side crushed with the pips spit out.

Warriors have shown that when they are on they are brilliant.

Shaun Johnson was magic!

Hurrell will be glad to get back to playing footy - the thing he does best. Great performance too.

Well Warriors what do you reckon to that?

Not so good for Raiders fans. That was the kind of performance where apologies are given and needed.

Likewise Titans fans will be smarting.

They came across a Bunnies side who got off to the perfect start and just kept springing through and scoring heavily.

Souths were dominant. Mentioned in dispatches here has to be Dylan Walker who bagged himself four tries.

Titans were dropping off tackles and were punished for it.

Storm vs Manly was never going to be like those two games - whoever took to the field or didn't, in those two teams.

It was nip and tuck all the way.

Manly showed they had the will and effort to punish any Storm mistakes. When it mattered in the second have Storm gave away two soft penalties conceding territory and Manly punished them with two top tries.

The best of them for me was the try by Jorge Taufua  who managed to squeeze the ball into a tiny try scoring spot in the corner while receiving lots of attention from the covering tacklers.

Storm won it in an old and new fashion.

A solo kick through try from international Cooper Cronk and then the winning try from Kurt Mann on debut running perfectly on to a flattish kick over on the last tackle by Cronk.

Kurt will no doubt be reliving that try a few times in his dreams the next few nights.

So, out of three games today - just one close result.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

HELL YEAH ! !

That game was F U N :tease:

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#3 DlEHARD

DlEHARD
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

Great to see the Warriors smash Ricky Stuart's Raiders.

What a come back from Storm to do over Manly!

#4 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

Poor Poor traveling Manly fans

Except the morons who gave us *&%

XYGw9WH.jpg

It's such a looooooooooong way home.

#5 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,042 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

What was that about? Am I right there was some edge between some fans from the clubs BR? Saw some comments on Facebook suggesting some ill feeling after unpleasant comments were made.

#6 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:26 AM

Yes Well - There are a hole fans in every club.

Those who think it's fun to turn up with too much dutch courage already in their system

And make obscene & abusive comments rather than fan banter.

Manly have a larger than normal share in their travel group :hunter:

In the end - Justice was served on the scoreboard.

#7 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

Beating Manly is always tastes better than a normal win for me as a Storm fan. Dont like the club or the fans though do respect them as a team who always give 100% no matter who plays

#8 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

The Manly Storm rivalry is a bit special. I won't miss a Storm game this season ( have to do my own scouting of Mr Hoffman and 'couch coach' apply what I'm seeing to the Warriors ...as ya do )....rumors about Matai coming to Auckland raised the interest factor ( still I know his game full well , unlike Ryan Hoffman who I've only watched as a neutral ).

What a game ! two clubs that have the reputation of making other teams lift when they play them...what's not to like about that ?

Two clubs , both Urban legends the biggest grubs in the NRL !    ( tongue in cheek come on in your hearts of hearts ya'll know there's some truth there  Slater / Smith / Matai / Stewart take your pick...I'm envious.... wish we weren't the gentle giants that we are some times ).

Iove the style of these games , they're in the style of State of Origin games.

I feel sorry for Canberra , especially Bill Tupou , he's a nice person Bill but he's well out of his depth in the NRL

Croker had a rough night with Hurrell but Crokers such a talented player , Milford confirming it's the broncos for him.....yeah tough going in the ACT right about now.....I really hope the Green Machine can bounce back, they are one of the nicest bunch of NRL supporters going as a general rule. 

The Warriors under McFadden look like they are building to have a crack at the NRL finally this year.....all the predictions about how Tomkins would change their style of play are coming to fruition, in time he and Johnson are going to be a formidable combination,

As a Warriors observer the key difference in that game was the use of conventional structure with that backline , overlaps for Manu are so rare he's forgotten how to catch the ball , early service to Hurrell as predicted = Mass x Speed x Power.

The biggest change in McFaddens four games has been offensive defence , Line speed and Kick chase pressure from the notoriously poor off the ball Warriors.

Titans i missed altogether , had to work. 

Edited by mt smart, 14 May 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#9 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,042 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Glad somebody else has work to do ... can't leave it all for Barney and Bourbon Rat to do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users