Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev DR with Wakefield

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#1 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

I never ever thought I would see the day heard on the way back from Dewsbury from the wakey CEO?

Edited by sweaty craiq, 11 May 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#2 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

I never ever thought I would see the day heard on the way back from Dewsbury from the wakey CEO?

Unbelievable considering the statements that have been coming out of the club over the last week.

#3 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

Complete shambles!

#4 knottla

knottla
  • Facebook
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:00 PM

Well after last week something had to happen, it's no use sitting back wringing your hands. At least they've made a decision they think will hopefully get us back on track, only time will tell.

#5 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

trouble is, everyone else is using it against us. we are competing with one hand tied behind our back. if it comes down to points difference it may cost us.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

trouble is, everyone else is using it against us. we are competing with one hand tied behind our back.

Are you ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#7 rovers

rovers
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Why not , cant see the problem , most of our players over the last few year have come from wakefield, its a good thing imo or am i missing something ????

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Complete shambles!

nah its not! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#9 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

Why not , cant see the problem , most of our players over the last few year have come from wakefield, its a good thing imo or am i missing something ????

Yes but they became 'our' players. Annakin's had a pretty good debut today but the problem is, Mr Agar (not anyone at Fev) has the greatest say in whether or not he is available, never mind playing, for us next week......

#10 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

Really thought your club would not go down this road, I'm glad my club haven't used any players from Bulls this season.

#11 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

Are you ?

just said so didn't i

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#12 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Fev v Sheffield it was a good game just sad on the duel reg

Edited by old big red, 13 May 2014 - 06:08 PM.
Text speak

#13 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

This was posted on the Leigh site tonight
''The mystery investor is said to be Cath Hetherington from Wakefield who is putting in the money to get the stands finished. This is also the reason for the DR deal. The reason behind it all is that Wakefields lease at Belle Vue ends at the end of the season and it's looking likely that they will be evicted by the RBS who own the ground. This obviously leaves them with nowhere to play, hence the link up with Featherstone.

The cloak and dagger secrecy is said to be because of a possible 'conflict of interests' going forward into next year if both sides are in the middle 8 and CH is involved in both.

The lad who has furnished me with this info is a decent fella and been correct on many issues regarding Fev etc.''
Interesting as I know hubby was watching the Leigh game

#14 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

complete twaddle.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#15 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

This was posted on the Leigh site tonight
''The mystery investor is said to be Cath Hetherington from Wakefield who is putting in the money to get the stands finished. This is also the reason for the DR deal. The reason behind it all is that Wakefields lease at Belle Vue ends at the end of the season and it's looking likely that they will be evicted by the RBS who own the ground. This obviously leaves them with nowhere to play, hence the link up with Featherstone.

The cloak and dagger secrecy is said to be because of a possible 'conflict of interests' going forward into next year if both sides are in the middle 8 and CH is involved in both.

The lad who has furnished me with this info is a decent fella and been correct on many issues regarding Fev etc.''
Interesting as I know hubby was watching the Leigh game

your source is an imbecile.
Kath Hetherington has not even invested money in wakefield which has been publicly stated previously, and the Hetherington's would only invest in anything if they had full control, which will never be the case with this club. next name please

#16 Rodill Rover

Rodill Rover
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

Another pile of the brown stuff from the Trainee Troll from Leigh.

#17 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

You’ve missed a trick Sweaty, you could have really wound us up by finishing ur post by saying this bloke you know recons Fev and Wakey will merge.

Incidentally, a bloke down the pub recons that even if Elvis didnt die in 1977 he would probably be dead now. Hope thi neews hasnt come as too much of a shock to any Elvis fans

#18 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

The loan system can be just as bad. We had Andy Ellis on loan 2 years ago and were going well, Briggs & Hepworth were injured so Andy Kain could move back to stand off. Wakefield recalled him just before the Northern Rail Cup Final, Andy had to fill in at hooker, and we lost a game we were red hot favourites to win.
I can't see much difference myself, I don't like either but sometimes needs must.

#19 elmagic

elmagic
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

Why cant we give our kids a chance? we have a great 20s squad but they are not getting a look in?

we are just going to go back to the DP days of talking about a pathway then bringing people in from other clubs when we are short on numbers? Isnt this the reason we spent all the money on the CE to provide and create a pathway for our own?

I watch the 20s now and then and feel theres at least 5-6 players that could more than hold their own with the current squad?

why arent they getting a chance?

#20 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Sorry chaps, that was a quote not from me and I have no idea of its factual substance but thought you might have
I will continue my light hearted banter that you guys had first hit on after our soul selling to Wigan last year and keep away from the heavy stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users