Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev DR with Wakefield

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#21 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

[quote name="PonteBlue" post="2928303" timestamp="
Incidentally, a bloke down the pub recons that even if Elvis didnt die in 1977 he would probably be dead now. Hope thi neews hasnt come as too much of a shock to any Elvis fans[/quote]

That news has left me all shook up

#22 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Does anyone actually know the details of this yet?  There's been no announcements from Fev yet.

We've got a lot of injured forwards and maybe it's just easier and faster to set up a DR agreement than a proper loan deal.....or maybe Wakefield don't want to do a loan deal.

Either way regardless of other examples  i can't see fev being told who they can and can't play and a can't see this arrangement lasting longer than our injuries do.

We haven't sold our soul to the devil..........he haven't given up our own ambition to be a super league reserve team.........we've just got a few injuries.

Our only problem is we've backed the wrong horse in JB and are trying to rectify that mid season which isn't ideal.

TEAMROVERS_small.jpg

#23 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:49 AM

I think it's great that DR stopped being bad for the game yesterday teatime.........

#24 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

I think it's great that DR stopped being bad for the game yesterday teatime.........

And that's the point. If Fev want to go into DR, well that's fine, and actually nothing to do with anyone else, supporters or otherwise. What other supporters will have a go at is that Fev fans were quick to go down the selling your souls route with other clubs and took a strong stance against it. Now it's suddenly ok as long as it brings success. In addition, some of the quotes from Fev fans on here are eerily similar to those of other club's supporters, saying that their club will not be dictated to by any club no matter who they are, and that the terms of their DR agreement will be different from the terms of everyone else's.  

Times are changing for Fev, and many of your supporters will have to come to terms with that, whether for good or bad!

#25 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Times are changing for Fev, and many of your supporters will have to come to terms with that, whether for good or bad!

Quite. I can only hope it's for the good (although I am somewhat sceptical that it will be long term).

#26 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

We have three first team props out injured since Matt James return. The arrival of Annakin, has therefore bolstered the team in an area we currently are weak. This showed yesterday when he came on and had quite an impact.

On the morality front I don't have an issue with dual reg. I have an issue with partnerships. With regards to the comment on youngsters, two got a chance against Leigh, but I agree with the sentiment and perhaps some loaning out would be effective. After all Jack Lee appears to be going well at Keighley, having been launched in at the deep end.

Finally if anyone has a problem with Annakin being from the dark side you should probably research the subject. I believe itv2 gave an opportunity last night.

#27 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

DR is bad for the game. i was saddened when Barrow adopted it. but they were swimming against the tide. fighting to avoid relegation with one hand tied behind their back. rovers were in a similar situation at the other end of the table. finding it increasingly difficult to stay in the top two, when facing teams with 4 or 5 superleague players in the side.DR is getting lopsided results  and points difference. i can't believe that the rfl have looked at this and decided to keep it next season.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#28 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

That news has left me all shook up

When it comes to DR we all have ’suspicious minds’

#29 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

I know the arguments against DR and from a development of youngsters I agree with them. But in business and that's what we are in albeit a sport you have to do what is best for yourself in the circumstances you find yourself in. To my mind that three points was vital and Annakin's playing for us under any heading was useful to us. I think you have to look at the position you find yourself in and play your cards accordingly. To that end I think the powers that be have played their hand extremely well.

#30 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

Welcome to duel reg. I hope you give yourselves the abuse you gave us hunslet rhinos you called us amongst other things I wouldn't repeat so what's that make you now?

#31 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

I don'tlike the dr system. I dislike it intensley but its here and is used against us every week.
This season we need to finish in the top two. I really don't care how it looks if we achieve that.
What I dont get is the backlash now. We've used the system at least twice previously to this weekend without as much as a peep.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#32 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

I don'tlike the dr system. I dislike it intensley but its here and is used against us every week.
This season we need to finish in the top two. I really don't care how it looks if we achieve that.
What I dont get is the backlash now. We've used the system at least twice previously to this weekend without as much as a peep.

When were they Robin and who were we partnered with?

#33 FevDean32

FevDean32
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

When were they Robin and who were we partnered with?

Michael Coady, Zak Hardaker and Ben Gledhill before teams partnered up

#34 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

Welcome to duel reg. I hope you give yourselves the abuse you gave us hunslet rhinos you called us amongst other things I wouldn't repeat so what's that make you now?

you don't get it do you, if you hadn't done it, then we wouldn't need to do it

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#35 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

There was a lad called Danny Allan as well in the same season as Michael Coady. I think Zak Hardaker was officially a year loan rather than dual registration but because of injuries to Ben Jones-Bishop and Lee Smith he was recalled from the loan and we never saw him again in a Fev shirt. Andy Ellis was originally on a rest of season loan from May 2012 but Wakey recalled him when Paul Ayton got crocked, even though they were loans they were DR in all but name.

#36 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

????? They were loans, not DR; 2 different beasts.

To quote from the RFL website regarding DR player: "the Super League Club will be entitled to decide for which team the Player shall be entitled to play in any particular round"

whereas with a loan "the loan is for a minimum period of 28 days without prejudice to C1:2:15 save where the loan agreement states that the Player may only play for the Reserve or Academy team in which case the minimum period shall be 48 hours"

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep, 12 May 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#37 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

if wakey decide a player is entitled to play for us, i assume we don't neccessarily have to play him

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#38 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

We've got DR with Wakefield for an unknown amount of time. I've been thinking about this and it's only a minor disaster compared to 19 years ago when we were gonna be triple registered with Cas and Wakey and to be called after a river that only runs through the latter two. Everything in perspective, we've still got our own club where the players still wear the famous blue and white on our own historic pitch and kids who had the banner 19 years ago that said 'When I grow up I want to play for Featherstone Rovers' still have that dream.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 12 May 2014 - 07:24 PM.

#39 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

????? They were loans, not DR; 2 different beasts.
"[/i]

zak was dual reg. Daryl confirmed it at a club forum one evening. Check with the club.
Dave Williams I believe was dual reg too
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#40 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

His situation must have changed then Rob, because the transfer deal involved a substantial fee from Leeds and the sweetener of him been loaned back for a year.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 12 May 2014 - 07:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users