Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev DR with Wakefield

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#41 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

Thsts what most of us thought until that evening in the clubhouse when daryl let it slip. Gaz then asked him to clarify his comments and he announced that it wasnt a loan deal, it was dual reg! And so it came to pass.
I think he played one game.
Then dave Williams came from london when we'd a full pack out in 2011. He broke his nose in the loss at leigh.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#42 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

He played and scored against Leigh in the televised away defeat, Vs Widnes in the AT cup defeat and away in the victory at Barrow I think, this is all from memory, I may be wrong. He played about 5 or 6 games if memory serves.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 12 May 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#43 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

I didnt think he played that many games but as we've long since established my memory is as effective as max clifford's defence, I will yeild on that one.

#44 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

I've just had a look at the Archive results page on the official web site he played and scored in the first five games of the 2011 season. Donny at cup Widnes AT cup York AT cup, Barrow and Leigh.
We got hammered at Leigh and our old friend beginning with 'R' was quoting that we were doooomed captain Mainwaring. The rest is history that season.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 12 May 2014 - 08:12 PM.

#45 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

So that's him, danny allen, charlie williams... was ben gledhill def dr? I thought he was a loan deal?
Never delivered the promise that lad.... then got a bad injury

#46 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

So that's him, danny allen, charlie williams... was ben gledhill def dr? I thought he was a loan deal?
Never delivered the promise that lad.... then got a bad injury

There was a Dominic Dee as well but he may just be Disc Jockey I'm getting mixed up with. Whatever happened to young Cayci Pearson of that particular vintage?

I'm still in touch with young Ben, He's now at Sale Sharks, if you recall when Sheffield beat us at their place on that fateful night last March (2013) Ben was in the Eagles team.

#47 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

Im against DR but its obvious why we have done it. We gave JB the coach job and he selected his squad before the season started. Turns out he was a disaster and had to go and so were some of the players he selected. So here we are midseason about to announce a new coach so where do you find the players? there are non available at this time of season, DR is the only way we are going to finish in the top 2 with all the things that have happened. Not ideal but the only way

#48 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:39 AM

Im against DR but its obvious why we have done it. We gave JB the coach job and he selected his squad before the season started. Turns out he was a disaster and had to go and so were some of the players he selected. So here we are midseason about to announce a new coach so where do you find the players? there are non available at this time of season, DR is the only way we are going to finish in the top 2 with all the things that have happened. Not ideal but the only way

Bit of sense spoken at last
Im Fev and im proud

#49 Mark H

Mark H
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:52 AM

So almost 48 hours on from the eagerly anticipated announcement and still nothing and no further news on when its going to be.I heard that Feisal never made it to Heathrow on Sunday,apparently got pulled on the way down by the boys in blue for having false number plates,had FEV 3 R on the front and WAK 3 Y on the back.Someone else falling foul of dual registration.

Just surprised no one heard anything about it !!

Forza Fev

#50 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

There was a Dominic Dee as well but he may just be Disc Jockey I'm getting mixed up with. Whatever happened to young Cayci Pearson of that particular vintage?

I'm still in touch with young Ben, He's now at Sale Sharks, if you recall when Sheffield beat us at their place on that fateful night last March (2013) Ben was in the Eagles team.

I think the game Andrew mentioned was the defeat that started off the chain of events last year, which is still ongoing.

Edited by Steve Slater, 13 May 2014 - 07:06 AM.

#51 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

Welcome to duel reg. I hope you give yourselves the abuse you gave us hunslet rhinos you called us amongst other things I wouldn't repeat so what's that make you now?

There's using and then there's abusing as with the attempt by Hunslet and Leeds to play Kylie Leuluai at the Hawks

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 13 May 2014 - 08:07 AM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#52 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

Bit of sense spoken at last

by him you mean

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#53 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

Do you plan to offload players to free up cap? Also DR counts on cap.

Think that Worthington bloke looks tasty, and would add to our squad for 2015

I was hopeful Mendieka would have come back to Leigh, as I held high hopes for him as a SL player but less sure now

:onthequiet:

#54 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

Michael Coady, Zak Hardaker and Ben Gledhill before teams partnered up

Ah yes, had forgotten about the original DR scheme. But as you say the significant difference was that you didn't have to buddy up. I seem to remember the Club weren't great fans of that scheme by the end either having been stung through losing players that were still needed.........

#55 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

You still don't have to enter a partnership.
Annakin is by no means the first dr player. I don't get the angst over him playing now when others played without comment??

#56 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

by him you mean

amazed aren't you?

#57 elmagic

elmagic
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:18 AM

We have bought into it short term so lets get on with it now. Just hope the juniors dont see their route to the first team blocked and decide to go to other clubs(as we have some talent as the results this year show)...But thats something that only time will define.

#58 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

by him you mean

Yes!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#59 golden fleece

golden fleece
  • TRL Only (Non Club)
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

Youve more faces than the town hall clock you would put flowers on thatchers grave for a free sandwich

#60 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

If someone was to chuck 250k in my direction id be happy to lay flowers on the old witch's grave!! No bother!
Needs must. This is business. Principles are too chuffin expensive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users