Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev DR with Wakefield

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#101 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

Whip up hysteria??? You ought to have copped Facebook on Sunday night. It was armageddon!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#102 golden fleece

golden fleece
  • TRL Only (Non Club)
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

Your up early this morning robin must be giro day

#103 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

You do amuse me. Gives me a proper chuckle to start my day. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Robin Evans, 14 May 2014 - 07:29 AM.

#104 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:53 AM

"golden fleece", do you work at Argos?

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#105 golden fleece

golden fleece
  • TRL Only (Non Club)
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

No i dont work at argos ive got a top job in a mental institution i stick labelsl on boxes

#106 elmagic

elmagic
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

you might as well take that new second hand stand down now you wont need that where your going

Time will tell fella......

#107 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

No i dont work at argos ive got a top job in a mental institution i stick labelsl on boxes

:rolleyes:

#108 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

Time will tell fella......

Indeed it will.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#109 golden fleece

golden fleece
  • TRL Only (Non Club)
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

cant understand you lot when you played classy cas in the cup which was your biggest game in years the ground was half empty so what do you do ? Build another stand out of scrap metal you couldnt fill a phone box a few year ago

#110 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

Let's get things in perspective. Leigh at the moment are better than us as we are in a transitional stage. As for DR we have used it for one player, not half a team, to cover our injury problems. Our youngsters are coming on but are not yet ready. We haven't sold our souls to anyone. We have taken a logical step to cover the situation we find ourselves in. Now if half the team were borrowed I could understand the ctricism being thrown at us but in all events a club has to make decisions that are right at the time. All this scoring smacks in th end of jelousy of our overall set up. Have no fear we will get there in the end. Onward and upwards.

Colin,

In the main this is all correct.

However what you have to remember is the grief some of our brethern have given leigh on their forum when they had their DR agreement with Wigan (and other clubs). Even though as Robin has pointed out we had already used it under the old regieme.

For that reason we as a club are fair game.

I just wish sometimes that people would not overeact either by trying to wind up the oppotition (what goes around comes around) or by going over the top to some of the trolling that has now happened, though for me, we as a club deserve this for claiming to be whiter than white in the first place.

If you can't stand the banter, wind up, general fun on the forums then just press the ignore button.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#111 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

cant understand you lot when you played classy cas in the cup which was your biggest game in years the ground was half empty so what do you do ? Build another stand out of scrap metal you couldnt fill a phone box a few year ago

:D  :D  :D

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#112 Darren Hill

Darren Hill
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

Is this the return of Scabby Cat by any chance??????

NL2 GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2007
CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS 2010
Championship Winners 2011
Championship Champions 2011

#113 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

Good luck with your dual registration agreement.
As part of the rugby league family I want nothing but the best and for us all to thrive.

#114 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Colin,

In the main this is all correct.

However what you have to remember is the grief some of our brethern have given leigh on their forum when they had their DR agreement with Wigan (and other clubs). Even though as Robin has pointed out we had already used it under the old regieme.

For that reason we as a club are fair game.

I just wish sometimes that people would not overeact either by trying to wind up the oppotition (what goes around comes around) or by going over the top to some of the trolling that has now happened, though for me, we as a club deserve this for claiming to be whiter than white in the first place.

If you can't stand the banter, wind up, general fun on the forums then just press the ignore button.

I can stand any banter. Just trying to get things in perspective. I've had over 10 messages saying that people liked my comments. Of course you can't please everybody.

#115 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Im against DR but its obvious why we have done it. We gave JB the coach job and he selected his squad before the season started. Turns out he was a disaster and had to go and so were some of the players he selected. So here we are midseason about to announce a new coach so where do you find the players? there are non available at this time of season, DR is the only way we are going to finish in the top 2 with all the things that have happened. Not ideal but the only way

Thats quite a turnaround in opinion since I was last on here mate... ;)

Posted Image

#116 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

I can stand any banter. Just trying to get things in perspective. I've had over 10 messages saying that people liked my comments. Of course you can't please everybody.

Aye Colin be careful, I remember what you once said about people sending others messages
Im Fev and im proud

#117 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

Good luck with your dual registration agreement.
As part of the rugby league family I want nothing but the best and for us all to thrive.
[
/quote]We've been playing Wigan, Warrington, Hull, Huddersfield etc for a while now so we have now decided to put out our best side to combat it in the shape of Wakefield lol;

#118 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

Thats quite a turnaround in opinion since I was last on here mate... ;)

The opinion hasn't changed 1 bit about DR

#119 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

Good luck with the link up with Wakey, hope it works out
At Batley I think our link up with the Giants has gone a bit sour and the quality of dr's has been poor
Now where in a bit of a strife and please god we make the top nine or we are finished
We probably relied this year with dr s as our squad is low in numbers and now we are struggling
However I realise your new link up is probably short term and good luck with your push to SL

Edited by Bat Lad, 14 May 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#120 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

Ta matey. Im same as lowfield. I hate the system.
But needs must. I'll live wi it.