- - - - -

Fev DR with Wakefield

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#161 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

I'm not in favour of DR either, but it wouldn't stop me watching my beloved Fev Rovers
Im Fev and im proud

#162 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

Yes you are right it's not going to stop me it was my dads team when he was alive loved that man

#163 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

People get paid to make decisions at the club as fans we don't have to agree but it is our job to turn up on game day and cheer on who ever is out there trying to get the win for us Hopefully next week we can get back to talking about the team we all want to see win every week

#164 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

well said all you hear on here and facebook especially, are so called fans slagging off coaches, staff and players non stop. just get behind the team and the coach ffs !!

#165 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

What I like about our club is the hard work all the volunteers are doing well done to everyone cannot wait to see it finished and watch a game from it
let's hope today game is hay hay hay it's magic you no come on you fev rovers

Edited by old big red, 18 May 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#166 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

You have DR'd with that club I am watching on sky???

You'd beat em

Edited by sweaty craiq, 18 May 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#167 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,914 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

I think if you scour the forum you will find most people's opinions have not changed on dr.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#168 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

This is a business as well as a sport. The idea is to be successful and profitable. To that end any decision that helps the club, no matter what you call it, has got to be right. I have watched Fev from 1939 through thick and thin. A couple of players on Dr are not going to stop me. I can remember all sorts of loaning going on including during the war years. I also remmeber us having to sell our best players to enable the club to survive. This is just a new idea but as has been said,you take the players that are available if you want them. Our injury list is now lessening. it has therefore been a shrewd move to cover the short term. I would however sign Annakin full time if the opportunity arose.

#169 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,272 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

Do you honestly think that Fev would allow Wakefield to dictate anything at all to them? The only players Andy is interested in is those that are first team quality in SL that need a run out, and are eager to impress in order to force their way back in at Wakey, and that is the benefit Richard Agar will get from us: Top quality game time, in an environment where players will have chance to impress and fight for their places at their parent club. Annakin was playing like his life depended on it last week, but we are getting the benefit of that. The only downside is if he keeps playing like that he will be recalled.

So Wakey is your beeeitch and not the other way around?

Right, sure, course they are.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#170 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

We will know better when Bostock fit again

#171 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

So Wakey is your beeeitch and not the other way around?
Right, sure, course they are.

Well, if they want to use the state of the art training facilities which we have and they don't, they'd better make sure some decent players are available if and when WE want them.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#172 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

Watching Magic yesterday who would you want??? Kirmond?

The lad you have must be a shoe in when SL fit

#173 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

To be fair why would you want to go DR with Wakefield in my opinion them player would be no better than what you got

Edited by Maureen T-k, 19 May 2014 - 09:38 AM.
Text speak

#174 teenoso

teenoso
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

So what you are saying is we dont agree with DR but we will use it if it helps. If you lot would have been around in the 40s it would have gone something like this. We dont like hitler but it looks like he is winning we better change sides

#175 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

So what you are saying is we dont agree with DR but we will use it if it helps. If you lot would have been around in the 40s it would have gone something like this. We dont like hitler but it looks like he is winning we better change sides

Sure. Because after all, the use of Dual Registration players in Championship Rugby League is very much on a par with invading Poland, seeking Aryan supremacy and gassing men, women and children from races judged to be inferior.

#176 teenoso

teenoso
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

You dont get it do you. Youve changed sides sold youre souls

#177 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Teenoso why dont you pull your pants back up and stop talking out your backside I sold my soul a long time ago

#178 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

You dont get it do you. Youve changed sides sold youre souls

You're using Hitler as an analogy and we're the ones that don't get it?

#179 teenoso

teenoso
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Ok ill put it another way if there was some sort of strike you lot would hire a coach and go somewhere like nottinghamshire and break it while your neighbours starved in fact i think that happened about 30 years ago

#180 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

Must be missing something here. Which players are we going to have on DR?. Lets be brutal about the issue, There are only a handful of Wakey players who can hold their place in the SL. The rest are there to make the squad up, so who wants a player of this calibre?.

I am convinced that the club is attempting to run before it can walk. It just doesnt make sense that you can import such players and achieve success.

As stated in a previous post, what is going to be the fate of our and Wakeys juniors amongst all this?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users