TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Popularity of the four football codes in Australia

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

Take your point, and we were there as tourists, not having the time pressures for communting.
Didn't go to the suburbs much, but the Manly trip was very easy, so was Sydney - Watsonsn Bay - Bondi beach - Bondi Junction - Sydney. A little waiting around for buses though, but as I said no real time pressures.

Still beats London's transport system for me, and the levels of customer service in London isn't on the same planet as experienced in Sydney

#22 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

I suspect the main problem in Sydney was that the League Clubs meant that getting spectators in was less of a priority.  While the mounds are a fine image for us, it seems attendance was not very family friendly and clubs did not really make the effort.  This explains a great deal of why people in Australia think if it as a natural TV sport, rather than any sporting reason.  Considering how much bigger the sport is over there, the attendances are poor.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users