38 replies to this topic

#21 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

Barrow 24-Dewsbury 20
First try - Scott
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#22 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

Barrow 24 - Rams 12 - First rams try scorer Grady

#23 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 978 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Kick off delayed until 3.15pm due to accident on and closure of M6. Hope this doesn't disrupt us too much.

Big-game mentality required!

Come on lads! UTR

#24 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

18-6 to Barrow so far.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#25 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

18-12 now.

[

#26 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

18-18 Thackeray with a hat trick.

[

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

18-20 now according to BBC rugby league website

#28 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

18-26

[

#29 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 978 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

30-38! Thacks has scored five!

#30 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

42 - 30

Att 917

Edited by Blind side johnny, 18 May 2014 - 04:02 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#31 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hats off to Thackeray for his five try's how many times has he pulled us out of ###### this season though ? Defence defo needs to be looked at though. But a wins a win from a tough trip up there. The win gives us some breathing space. Bring on halifax next week #utr

#32 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

A needed win for both the players and our league position. We don't often win at Barrow and to top it Thackeray scores 5. Can't remember the last time we had a player scoring 5 in a game.

[

#33 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Eddie rombo

Last one I remember

#34 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Think Austin got five in the cup win over Thatto Heath a few year ago.

#35 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Massive three points with the run of fixtures we have lined up. Well played to all, especially after going 18-6 down. Thackray must have been on fire.

#36 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

First game this season for me and a good game, eventually, by Dewsbury Rams against Barrow Raiders.. Took 20 mins to "get off the bus" after  the delayed start and then 18 points down before really getting going. Main problem was ball retention and tackling but then times changed. Forwards showed their power and then targeting the Raiders right hand side brought success. Thackeray played havoc with Raiders defence. Rams went back to sleep for a while in 2nd half but came good in the end 30 - 42. As usual Ryan Hepworth put in some big hits along with Aizue! Thanks Rams and Ryan for a good game on a sunny day on a great pitch in Cumbria. Poor refereeing by Mr Cobb(as seems to be the norm of late) but not as poor as Raiders speccies suggested!

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#37 evertrinatonian

evertrinatonian
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Just got back... Good win in end, excellent from thacks and good goal kicking on display, missed spicers tackling in Middle UTR !!!

#38 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

Good win in the end, but that defence needs sorting good an' proper. 12 nil down in next to no time, then 18-6 (two of their tries were fortunate for them from kicks, but the second try, from Campbell was through very poor defence).
Then we got back into it, I think when Haggarty, Gallagher and Nash came on. Once we got past thirty we should have cut loose; Grady should have scored, could have scored, but chose to pass to Morton who was bundled into touch. It seemed soon after that move broke down and the big subs were withdrawn, that Barrow came back, using their subs and scored two quick converted tries. I feared the worst at this point, but we came back again and finished it off.
Not sure what to make of Thackeray's five tries; were they opportunistic, or simply the result of good backing up? It certainly was through backing up for his first, following Grady's break. Some of the others were of his own making. Fantastic nonetheless and well done to him.

Edited by Crown Flatter, 18 May 2014 - 08:36 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#39 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

A good result and I'm sorry to have missed the match. (Must take fewer holidays in the RL season.)

The defence is still worrying particularly away from home but I'm sure the coaching team are working on this. On attack we must be a worry to other sides though and the more that they watch Thackeray then the more space there will be for others. I hope JT is on a two year contract.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users