Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Apparently going to dual reg with Wakefield.
Hilarious.

#2 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

You beat me to it Mark and reading some of the comments on their forum they have justifiable reasons to do it ?? pity we hadn't when it seemed everybody turned on us -  on Sunday the Warrington taunts were still being sounded - I remember the same taunts at Featherstone but I think we've got over it by now.

#3 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

So, they'll now be Featherstone Rovers Wildcats?

RL life was so much simpler and very innocent back in the 'good old days' when the Lions rampaged their way to success after success..

Edited by Blue Monkey, 13 May 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#4 golden fleece

golden fleece
  • TRL Only (Non Club)
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Why would anyone want to DR with wakefield there a bigger joke than man utd

#5 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

Just reading their forum
Their DR is different to ours
A striking turn of events

#6 golden fleece

golden fleece
  • TRL Only (Non Club)
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

Its not their DR thats different its there DNA

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

Ha ha!

#8 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

Its not their DR thats different its there DNA

You know you love us or else you wouldn't spend so much time discussing us;

#9 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

whilst the majority of our fans hate it and dont believe they (wakey) have many fringe players better than what we have, it appears to be 1 player this week with the possibility of another. the difference with yours is didnt you play 5 or 6 of them at our place ? and as a club rely on it heavily hense having a threadbare squad of your own. the difference is we will be probably using it to suit us and not be reliant on it like yourselves, and we will not be relegated because of it unlike some teams last season and no doubt some at the end of this season

#10 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

Thread bear and reliant hmmmm, the fact we only had two at Keighley and the fact we turned down two others would suggest you are a tad wrong with your assumption.
It's true in the past we did use many more DR's but without banging on again just where do you expect us to A) draw our players from and B) afford to finance it.
The fact remains that like it or lump it more clubs have had to follow the DR route, the difference is I doubt we will ram it down your throats when you visit LSV.

#11 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

whilst the majority of our fans hate it and dont believe they (wakey) have many fringe players better than what we have, it appears to be 1 player this week with the possibility of another. the difference with yours is didnt you play 5 or 6 of them at our place ? and as a club rely on it heavily hense having a threadbare squad of your own. the difference is we will be probably using it to suit us and not be reliant on it like yourselves, and we will not be relegated because of it unlike some teams last season and no doubt some at the end of this season

Don't get it do you?
It's not the statistics... what's why's and wherefore of it all. It's the vitriolic abuse from fans of clubs like yours that creates the backlash you are experiencing.
Read my post on your forum.
Would you rather we became extinct?
The extremely childish press release from your chairman last week states Featherstone will do anything to achieve super league status and a top two finish. That to featherstone fans is more wothy a justification for being dual registered than ours of pure and simple survival.
Some Featherstone and other clubs fans have been made to look pretty stupid in recent days by their ability to forget all things past
If you are opposed to a principle you are opposed. Not with conditions.

#12 upandatem

upandatem
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

Featherstone pussy cats= embaressing time for their arrogant fans

#13 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

Don't get it do you?
It's not the statistics... what's why's and wherefore of it all. It's the vitriolic abuse from fans of clubs like yours that creates the backlash you are experiencing.
Read my post on your forum.
Would you rather we became extinct?
The extremely childish press release from your chairman last week states Featherstone will do anything to achieve super league status and a top two finish. That to featherstone fans is more wothy a justification for being dual registered than ours of pure and simple survival.
Some Featherstone and other clubs fans have been made to look pretty stupid in recent days by their ability to forget all things past
If you are opposed to a principle you are opposed. Not with conditions.

....and your BOD are absolutely perfect; We all need to aspire to that;

#14 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

Our new board are turning things around. Some top fellas doing lots for free in their own time along with our trust board.
Like I said on your forum I wish you all the best
This is about fairness and us all aspiring to do well.

It's not like you to take it personally and ignore the point made.

#15 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

Mark our BOD have done remarkable things at Fev and so too have dozens of volunteers this was before we got any financial help; We, like you have brought our club through adversity and hopefully I will see the day when Swinton are much better placed off the field also; We have recently attracted investors and sometimes our press releases do come across as very arrogant; We await with baited breath what might happen next; Fev are still community friendly and no amount of money will alter that; Please don't take our press release rantings of anything more than publicity stunts because that is all they are; I began watching league in 1963 when Swinton were fantastic and I used to hate it getting walloped at Station Road and I do wish Swinton all the best in whatever they do;

#16 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:47 AM

Likewise Phil
Adversity is our middle name!

#17 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

I began watching league in 1963 when Swinton were fantastic and I used to hate it getting walloped at Station Road...

Cast your mind back to 1965 when the Lions were visitors at Post Office Road in the 2nd round of the Challenge Cup. They came away victorious by 9-2 in front of over 8,000. After the final whistle it was a bit dicey for Swinton fans making their way back to the coaches running the gauntlet of the 'slightly disappointed' Rovers fans. A Lancashire team winning at Post Office Road in the cup 'wasn't in the script'.

:sungum:

Edited by Blue Monkey, 16 May 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#18 teenoso

teenoso
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Not much as changed at featherstone since them days its not had a lick of paint or change of curtains since churchill was PM

#19 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 777 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

Andy Hey, or Hay, not sure, assistant from Salford is new Featherstone coach.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#20 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

Not much as changed at featherstone since them days its not had a lick of paint or change of curtains since churchill was PM

Do you go to home matches cos you certainly don't go to away games? One thing Swinton don't need and that's paint; Not for a while yet anyway; :)