Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Oldham away Sunday

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

18 May KO:15:00 Championship 1 Rd: 9
Oldham RLFC v York City Knights
Whitebank Stadium

Ref: A Gill

We'll be there - hope to see a decent Knights following - very hopeful we will raise our game against a very tough side

#2 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

Same referee as against Skolars. I think I'll stay at home and cut the grass.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#3 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Seven tries and only one conversion

#4 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

Seven tries and only one conversion

Shocking, apparently one went over that was disallowed. 12 points missed, 2/3 tries worth of points, ridiculous. Shouldn't have been 27-0 down to be fair though..

o_O

It's time to park the camels.

#5 Silverlight

Silverlight
  • Facebook
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

Cruel to lose by 1 point after coming back from 27 points down.

#6 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

Ben Reynolds, who kicked it was convinced it went through. I was pretty much behind him and it looked through but thats how it goes. A couple of conversions that were missed shouldnt have been !

Magnificent fightback and really cruel to lose out by one. 

Upside - good showing from Brad Brennan, Ben Reynolds did well at half back and Aldous and Skipper Lee dragged us back into the game when all seemed lost.

Downside - the defeat and bad injuries to Patto and, almost inevitably, poor Jack Iley..

Character building day for the commentator too - got so attached to the breeze block I stood on to watch the game that I almost brought it home with me !!

#7 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

Robbed in my opinion - players reckon there was a knock on in the winning try, but more to the point, the winger who caught the ball from the kick off the last tackle was offside, yet our try a bit earlier was disallowed for been in front of the kicker

Agree with Andy regarding stand out players, very worried about the injuries, Fordy & Minikin also struggling now by the sound of it, but got to give the lads credit for that comeback & they didn't deserve to lose

#8 roytonyed

roytonyed
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

I was pretty much behind him and it looked through

So was I and it did.

Edited by roytonyed, 19 May 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#9 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

We had two disallowed in one game at Hunslet last season. Linesmen turn away before the ball has gone through....

#10 Butler

Butler
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

We had two disallowed in one game at Hunslet last season. Linesmen turn away before the ball has gone through....

Was at that game and both missed

#11 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

Was at that game and both missed

Which game was it?

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

Robbed in my opinion - players reckon there was a knock on in the winning try, but more to the point, the winger who caught the ball from the kick off the last tackle was offside, yet our try a bit earlier was disallowed for been in front of the kicker

Agree with Andy regarding stand out players, very worried about the injuries, Fordy & Minikin also struggling now by the sound of it, but got to give the lads credit for that comeback & they didn't deserve to lose

winger was so far offside he had to wait for the ball to get there

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#13 arnold1984

arnold1984
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

I think this is absolutely hilarious!! Just shows Thornton doesn't have a clue. He doesn't play either Ben Hardcastle or Ben Crane who are both excellent kickers and then loses the match because he didn't have a kicker in the team. Excellent team selection skills!!

#14 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

I think this is absolutely hilarious!! Just shows Thornton doesn't have a clue. He doesn't play either Ben Hardcastle or Ben Crane who are both excellent kickers and then loses the match because he didn't have a kicker in the team. Excellent team selection skills!!

If you have seen every game like I have you would understand the team selection

If you were at Oldham last Sunday, you would have seen the best 55 minutes rugby we have played this season

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Would the Knights have scored as many tries if GT hadn't picked the team he did?

Posted Image

#16 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

Think if we get behind the team instead of getting on there backs they will start playing good rugby it must be intimidating hearing the crowd getting at them with every mistake they make.

#17 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Think if we get behind the team instead of getting on there backs they will start playing good rugby it must be intimidating hearing the crowd getting at them with every mistake they make.

No further words.

#18 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

It's fair enough having a go at the players if they're constantly getting beat week in week out or if you're nearly half way into the match and you're several points down, but not in the first 5 minutes. I'm sure against Hemel I heard someone shout "this is pathetic York, get some ideas" on our first attack.

We have a great chance this Sunday to get back to the top of the league. Hunslet are going to be tough and we probably will end up going a try behind at some point. But as proved last week, we came back from 27-0 down so surely we can overcome a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users