Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield predictions

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

seems to more going than whats turning up to even be looked at. same old mushroom syndrome at the moment, keep us in the dark and feed us bullsh**. all these players who were going to be great for us this season couldent wait to get away and even go down a step too sends me bad signals for the next few weeks. cant blame anyone other than ourselves and as for fev good luck to them,good marketing,good sponsers,great team, hell if we could have 3 a their players the season would turn round for us but we aint got no ££££ so lets blame the fans for not turning up rather than lack of been able to attract fans, supporters need to see a decent name or two to bring in more supporters, but onwards and upwards same old same, the few good players we have will be off to better things anyways before long . :( :focus:

Is it worth it I ask myself!

#22 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

I can't see any player staying to get abused by their own fans. 

Hardly abuse for goodness sake,and for the record i do not condone abusing anyone who steps out on a rugby field,player or official.

Players are keen enough to take the adulation when they play well,as is their right,so should be able to shoulder the critisism when they play poorly, as is the paying spectator's right.

Please show me where i have 'abused' any player,if indeed that is what you are implying.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#23 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 878 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Is it worth it I ask myself!

got to be, were only 3 or 4 players away from turning things around,and am sure kevin and jk and rest a board know whats required to get us back on track,only way is up. :bb: :download:

#24 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

Featherstone have jumped into bed with Wakefield and have taken him on DR, he was only with us on a week by week basis on loan.

Amuses me how anti DR they were, and having 300 players on their books they now need a few more - you can smell the desperation to succeed for miles around.

Its quite easy to be ante-Fev at the moment but remember we have had to play Warrington, Leeds, Huddersfield, Hull Salford and Wigan for a while now...so I think we are playing fire with fire at the moment and quite legally;

#25 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Well I doubt you've played Hudds ? We've hardly had any DR this year.

#26 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

Its quite easy to be ante-Fev at the moment but remember we have had to play Warrington, Leeds, Huddersfield, Hull Salford and Wigan for a while now...so I think we are playing fire with fire at the moment and quite legally;

Which implies some form of illegality somewhere along the way by someone.

I have to say that no one is suggesting Featherstone have entered into anything illegal or even against the spirit of the game. What some supporters are doing is simply pointing out the irony of your club's DR agreement after the rather challenging comments made by some of your contributors on this forum regarding the issue.

The issue has gone from selling the souls of our club to being perfectly acceptable as long as the ends justify the means, and all at about 5.00pm on Sunday afternoon!

#27 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

Which implies some form of illegality somewhere along the way by someone.
I have to say that no one is suggesting Featherstone have entered into anything illegal or even against the spirit of the game. What some supporters are doing is simply pointing out the irony of your club's DR agreement after the rather challenging comments made by some of your contributors on this forum regarding the issue.
The issue has gone from selling the souls of our club to being perfectly acceptable as long as the ends justify the means, and all at about 5.00pm on Sunday afternoon!

The club decided it NOT the supporters; My post though was tongue in cheek; We have now decided to put out our strongest side in the guise of Wakefield lol;

#28 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

Hardly abuse for goodness sake,and for the record i do not condone abusing anyone who steps out on a rugby field,player or official.
Players are keen enough to take the adulation when they play well,as is their right,so should be able to shoulder the critisism when they play poorly, as is the paying spectator's right.
Please show me where i have 'abused' any player,if indeed that is what you are implying.

That comment wasn't aimed at you personally. As I understand it at Barrow some players were subject to some pretty disgraceful abuse.

#29 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

The club decided it NOT the supporters; My post though was tongue in cheek; We have now decided to put out our strongest side in the guise of Wakefield lol;

Which WAS my point about supporters from your club having a go at supporters from other clubs. None of those supporters were a part of any club's decision to take part in DR. However this did not stop other supporters having a go.

#30 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

That comment wasn't aimed at you personally. As I understand it at Barrow some players were subject to some pretty disgraceful abuse.

If that was the case then yes it was discraceful.

I have watched some pretty dreadful teams up at the Mount in 34 years of watching Batley,and have experienced some torrid,frustrating and abysmal times watching my team home and away....,but have never stooped to downright abuse of the players or club officials in public.

I dont believe the players we have are deliberately 'not trying' ,its just that we have been spoilt so much in the last 5 or so years with the teams and success we have had that some of the 'recent' supporters are not used to the downturn in performances.

Stave off relegation this year and i will be very happy.

Edited by il cattivo, 14 May 2014 - 05:04 PM.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#31 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

seems to more going than whats turning up to even be looked at. same old mushroom syndrome at the moment, keep us in the dark and feed us bullsh**. all these players who were going to be great for us this season couldent wait to get away and even go down a step too sends me bad signals for the next few weeks. cant blame anyone other than ourselves and as for fev good luck to them,good marketing,good sponsers,great team, hell if we could have 3 a their players the season would turn round for us but we aint got no ££££ so lets blame the fans for not turning up rather than lack of been able to attract fans, supporters need to see a decent name or two to bring in more supporters, but onwards and upwards same old same, the few good players we have will be off to better things anyways before long . :( :focus:

which players have left this season? if you mean dr players, they belong to Huddersfield and not us and so at the end of the day if they want to loan them out to other clubs that is up to them and nowt we can do about it and the big question is ARE they any better than what we have got some on here will argue that they are. If you mean Kyle Trout he was only on loan on a week to week basis and Trinity recalled him due to going into a DR partnership with Fev, now this is the bit i don't understand either is why Trout wasn't allowed to play for us anymore due to wakeys/fevs DR and Sheffield have one of the players that we had on DR on loan with them from Hudds,unless part of the DR agreement between Wak and Fev stipulate that Wakey can't loan any players to championship sides

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#32 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 878 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

which players have left this season? if you mean dr players, they belong to Huddersfield and not us and so at the end of the day if they want to loan them out to other clubs that is up to them and nowt we can do about it and the big question is ARE they any better than what we have got some on here will argue that they are. If you mean Kyle Trout he was only on loan on a week to week basis and Trinity recalled him due to going into a DR partnership with Fev, now this is the bit i don't understand either is why Trout wasn't allowed to play for us anymore due to wakeys/fevs DR and Sheffield have one of the players that we had on DR on loan with them from Hudds,unless part of the DR agreement between Wak and Fev stipulate that Wakey can't loan any players to championship sides

i dident rate most a the dr guys anyways but we were told thats it we cant bring in anyone else so make do and mend, but am sure whoevers in charge at huddersfield giants dident just tell these lads to go elsewere they must have asked to go elsewere for some reason.i aint too fussed about the dr job but if we cant have a team of our own to jell then what else can be done, other clubs keep getting decent signings so what are we doing so wrong, look at donny again today with steve snitch signing.. i really hope we turn things round but cant see how or were its going to come from.. god knows what will happen next season as even more players drift away.

#33 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

i dident rate most a the dr guys anyways but we were told thats it we cant bring in anyone else so make do and mend, but am sure whoevers in charge at huddersfield giants dident just tell these lads to go elsewere they must have asked to go elsewere for some reason.i aint too fussed about the dr job but if we cant have a team of our own to jell then what else can be done, other clubs keep getting decent signings so what are we doing so wrong, look at donny again today with steve snitch signing.. i really hope we turn things round but cant see how or were its going to come from.. god knows what will happen next season as even more players drift away.

But you make so many assumptions. Actually, I hold a contrary view to you, and suspect that Huddersfield do put their players where they want them. I am not sure the players have very much say in it all. The club cannot win here. Supporters complain when we use DR players, but when we don't they complain too.

It was said on here very recently that Anderson keeps sending DR's to the club, but JK doesn't choose them in favour of those who are signed to the club! Isn't that what we all wanted? We complain that we have not got a settled side,but if JK chooses the different DR players then it will never be settled. And yes, I know the impression given at the start of the season was that we would augment our squad with the same five or six DR players, but of course that was never going to happen in reality as they were given first team opportunities. 

How do you know players will drift away at the end of the season? Why do you care as you reckon only a half dozen are good enough for us anyway.

In our situation, I believe the best thing we can hope for is a turn around in fortunes and form, and to retain confidence in a coaching team and club leaders who have managed to do a decent job up to now.

Edited by distantdog, 14 May 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#34 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

Which WAS my point about supporters from your club having a go at supporters from other clubs. None of those supporters were a part of any club's decision to take part in DR. However this did not stop other supporters having a go.

You are still my second favourite club;

#35 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

says on our facebook keegan hirst back to batley on loan...dont really understand this one myself he has been going ok

#36 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

says on our facebook keegan hirst back to batley on loan...dont really understand this one myself he has been going ok

I don't think that's a universally held view. I believe I read somewhere that someone wouldn't have him inthe under 10's. On the contrary, l believe he would make quite an impact with them!

#37 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

but you probably would only state that on here rather than to his face i guess. in your position i dont think beggars can be choosers do you

#38 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

Been going well? The worst forward in the team by far - may as well have had a tub of lard on pitch playing 10 - the tub of lard would probably make more metres and offloads as well- wasted his chance at us if gone back to Batley- no doubt will score a hattrick at the mount in a few weeks now

Edited by elppaxr2i, 14 May 2014 - 09:25 PM.

#39 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

But you make so many assumptions. Actually, I hold a contrary view to you, and suspect that Huddersfield do put their players where they want them. I am not sure the players have very much say in it all. The club cannot win here. Supporters complain when we use DR players, but when we don't they complain too.

It was said on here very recently that Anderson keeps sending DR's to the club, but JK doesn't choose them in favour of those who are signed to the club! Isn't that what we all wanted? We complain that we have not got a settled side,but if JK chooses the different DR players then it will never be settled. And yes, I know the impression given at the start of the season was that we would augment our squad with the same five or six DR players, but of course that was never going to happen in reality as they were given first team opportunities. 

How do you know players will drift away at the end of the season? Why do you care as you reckon only a half dozen are good enough for us anyway.

In our situation, I believe the best thing we can hope for is a turn around in fortunes and form, and to retain confidence in a coaching team and club leaders who have managed to do a decent job up to now.

i can tell you i do care,anyone who aint too fussed just dont go to the match anymore and i know plenty who are staying away with the type a rugby were playing,i only have opinions same as anyone else but dont try telling me the likes a patto and nicco are good enough for us.even brennon had a blinder boxing day and smashed a few in tackles and looked like he were gonna be good for us, but then just seems like a smaller hirst who stops himself and needs jumpleads on. as for the half a dozen they are the ones who do all the hard graft while some a the others are thinking were there going on hols or what hairsyle to have for next week. some a the players that have come in are papola and dont rty telling me any different, go up park on a saturday afternoon and see what a shirt means to a player who wants it week after rather than a few we have who know nobody else can get that shirt as their aint nobody to fill it, if you this team can turn things all well and good but while most teams build what they have in the off season am just hoping the players we do have like rowie.baz.greenwood,chandler,applegarth,breth.jd.blakey, black.gledhill, dont move on due to us maybe ending up at bottom of the pile, i hope your right about turning things round as am sure behind the scenes plenty is going on to try get us on track again. :bb:

#40 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

but you probably would only state that on here rather than to his face i guess. in your position i dont think beggars can be choosers do you

In response, my post was an attempt at humour, perhaps misguided. it was an attempt to point out how ridiculous the under ten post was. I have made my thoughts perfectly clear about KH on here before. He was a highly effective prop for us, especially coming off the bench against a tiring defence. I would have no complaints him being back with us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users