TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Carcassonne view Super League 2

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

one day people will realise that there is a historic hotbed of rugby league which would be a shoe in for super league if a team could be helped as the french teams are.........................i give you cumbria

If someone is willing to invest in a Cumbrian side the way so done is willing to invest in the French sides, they wouldn't need "help".

What help would you want for them?
Posted Image

#22 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

another antipodean rest home then 

Hanbury

Phelps

Ah Van

Cahill

Isa

Galea

#23 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:10 AM

Hanbury
Phelps
Ah Van
Cahill
Isa
Galea

Throw in Heremeia in the mix for next year too...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#24 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

totally agree toulouse were an abject failure in the championship 

So were Widnes :tongue:

#25 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,240 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

The biggest problem with Toulouse was the Championship salary cap being below the French Elite one so Lezignan could outspend them. In the new SL2 with the split season might be different.

Edited by bowes, 15 May 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#26 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

As could Whitehaven and Barrow. Although we don't really class Whitehaven as cumbrian, they're like the unwanted brother we don't want to associate ourselves with.

Who are WE as I'm born and bred in west Cumbria and I've never heard anyone say that rubbish before.

#27 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

As could Whitehaven and Barrow. Although we don't really class Whitehaven as cumbrian, they're like the unwanted brother we don't want to associate ourselves with.

Who are WE as I'm born and bred in west Cumbria and I've never heard anyone say that rubbish before.

#28 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Typical hatred from Rubbish Warrior. Always whining on French sides and Saint Helens. 

Carcassonne is nowhere near from SL2 but Toulouse is a serious contender for it. Half the players on the side are SL level. Vunakece, Khierallah, Wood and Bentley brothers are definitely good enough for a decent SL side. Gonzales-Trique brothers are going on loan to Sheffield right now. There's definitely potential.

#29 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

*Psssst*
(I think it's a joke...)

;)
Posted Image

#30 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

I don't think the villages teams would be big enough to support SL rugby otherwise you'd think the game in France would be fully pro. I can only see big city teams getting in.

In contrast, Toulouse would be a top 4 club no doubt about it, they would be bigger than Catalans and have a very strong commercial arm. Just look at the list of partners they have, it would be even greater in SL. http://www.to13.com/partenaires/

#31 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

*Psssst*
(I think it's a joke...)

;)

Shhh don't spoil it!

#32 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

Toulouse have a monster economy, yup. They can run a top football team, a top union team AND a top rugby league, the region is so full of opportunities that the town can do anything. 

#33 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

Carcassonne is my favourite destination in France so it's a yes from me.

#34 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:00 AM

What TV deal would they bring?
How would they fair in a french league?
Would the clubs merge like catalan did?
Haven't they had a bash at it and failed? Didn't they have free access to SL for years and bottled it?

Haven't Bradford had a go at it and failed (twice )

#35 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

What TV deal would they bring?
How would they fair in a french league?
Would the clubs merge like catalan did?
Haven't they had a bash at it and failed? Didn't they have free access to SL for years and bottled it?

What TV deal are the french teams bringing? Or did I miss that. Until that is done and dusted, the TV deal argument needs to be put to bed. You can have contracts with provisos you know. Say - IF (french team 2) are placed in Superleague THEN we will show the RL in France and pay xxx€ for the honour.

#36 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

The RFL or Sky dont want a merged Cumbrian team or current club in SL ... it isnt expensionist enough for either of them !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#37 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

I think some people turned the wrong way and ended up on this forum by mistake going by the posts they think they can make here.  6 posts deleted.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#38 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

Haven't Bradford had a go at it and failed (twice )

yes they would have lost their licence this time round......

#39 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

The RFL or Sky dont want a merged Cumbrian team or current club in SL ... it isnt expensionist enough for either of them !!

When did they say this?

#40 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

When did they say this?

actions speak louder than words!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users