Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

North Wales Crusaders to play at Cefn Druids FC

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

According to the Leader our "on the road" home games against Swinton and Whitehaven will be played at Cefn Druids FC.

http://leaderlive.co...efn-druids.aspx

#2 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

Nice one. A new ground for me. Not often I can say that. Wonder if any of my Swinton supporting mates want to share petrol?

#3 3feathers

3feathers
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

Just wish we could play a game in Deeside, for the 100,000 people of Flintshire. Being born and bred there, I know many NEVER go to Wrexham, even though its 20 minutes away..

Chester is closer and bigger, and like Wrexham can seem disinterested in Deeside.

Being called "North Wales" rather than Wrexham, should be capitalised upon.

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

I think the ground at Airbus was certainly a consideration.  Please don't forget that NW Crusaders Wheelchair RL team train and play at Deeside Leisure Centre as do the Wales Wheelchair RL team and Wales RL did for the World Cup. So definitely quite a great deal of interest in Flintshire.. DLC is a great facility and has a pretty good pitch at the back too.

#5 3feathers

3feathers
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

I'm definitely not complaining, we are so lucky to have such a great club, on and off the pitch. Costs and match day sales, have got to be a concern.

However, when I spoke to a fellow fan today, he said playing at Cefn Druids was a good opportunity to gain new fans. It's listed address is The Rock Stadium/Rock Rd, Wrexham !!!!

If we end up playing a 3rd match away from the Racecourse, if it could be played at Airbus, with free tickets to Airbus workers. We could pick up significant numbers of new regular fans.

#6 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

we will be bringing a bus down from whitehaven looking forward to it.

#7 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

Safe Journey Haven94. Hope you have a great time but go home disappointed lol

#8 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

Further info on NWC website:

http://www.northwale...ok-at-the-rock/

#9 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

thanks for the info just booked our bus to come down lots of interest for this trip

#10 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

I'm definitely not complaining, we are so lucky to have such a great club, on and off the pitch. Costs and match day sales, have got to be a concern.

However, when I spoke to a fellow fan today, he said playing at Cefn Druids was a good opportunity to gain new fans. It's listed address is The Rock Stadium/Rock Rd, Wrexham !!!!

If we end up playing a 3rd match away from the Racecourse, if it could be played at Airbus, with free tickets to Airbus workers. We could pick up significant numbers of new regular fans.

Wrexham is a county name as well as a town!!  Wrexham, Wrexham - "so good they named it twice"