Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Magic Weekend Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

Poll: How many games will you watch? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

How many games will you watch at the stadium or on TV?

1. One (1 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

2. Two (3 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Three (5 votes [10.42%])

Percentage of vote: 10.42%

4. Four (10 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

5. Five (4 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. Six (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

7. Seven (16 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

8. None (7 votes [14.58%])

Percentage of vote: 14.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#561 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

I would like to congratulate Wire on a deserving win and payback time for the years of suffering against the Saints. 

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#562 Errol Stock

Errol Stock
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

Here's what my eyes saw;

7 games of rugby league in which every player in every team gave all they had on the day.

2 days of superb skill and athletlicism delivered by players who don't cry if someone forgets their birthday and are not paid more than the Prime Minister

Fair bit of drama

A fantastic stadium bathed in colour

Lots of smiles and happy people

Brilliant "fancy dress"

Some good live music and a fair bit of partying

True friends wearing and supporting a variety of team colours all sat together.

Banter and laughs with stewards

Banter and laughs with Metro Tram staff.

A unique sporting event.. Quote from DJ Spoony - "All sport should be watched this way - a truly fantastic experience" - Yes it is!

Extreme consumption of alcohol even at £4.20 a pint - how do they fit all that liquid in?

Some ejections from the ground

A few unsavoury drink related incidents.

You might be able to tell - this event for me is the bees knees - just love it.

Sustaining and continuing the event will ensure the crowds will increase - word of mouth - its great, just get there and all that.

#563 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

Here's what my eyes saw;

7 games of rugby league in which every player in every team gave all they had on the day.
2 days of superb skill and athletlicism delivered by players who don't cry if someone forgets their birthday and are not paid more than the Prime Minister
Fair bit of drama
A fantastic stadium bathed in colour
Lots of smiles and happy people
Brilliant "fancy dress"
Some good live music and a fair bit of partying
True friends wearing and supporting a variety of team colours all sat together.
Banter and laughs with stewards
Banter and laughs with Metro Tram staff.
A unique sporting event.. Quote from DJ Spoony - "All sport should be watched this way - a truly fantastic experience" - Yes it is!
Extreme consumption of alcohol even at £4.20 a pint - how do they fit all that liquid in?
Some ejections from the ground
A few unsavoury drink related incidents.

You might be able to tell - this event for me is the bees knees - just love it.

Sustaining and continuing the event will ensure the crowds will increase - word of mouth - its great, just get there and all that.

Pretty much my view of the whole thing. Been to all of the Manchester events and (results aside for me) they're nothing short of excellent. Always good weather, always meet a great bunch of people from all clubs. Fantastically easy access to the stadium. Beer & food prices are ok & in-line with what you'd expect from a major venue.

My one concern, and its very minor at the moment, is that this year there seemed to be more of an element of the "stag" about it. Not a problem per se, unless loads more see it this way. There were certainly some seriously trollied superheroes, minions, popes and nuns as I left. All very good natured, but I'll never look at Superman the same way after seeing him throwing up outside.....somebody must have slipped a Kryptonite into his ale.....

Seriously, though, it's a great event & I hope it continues for many more years.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#564 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

Great run by Hanbury, but surely two players being knocked out sees the game stopped?

They dealt with this tonight on RL Extra on Radio Manchester.  They had a "Ref's Rule" as part of the programme. Ben Thaler was the referee.  He was asked about Rhys Hanbury's try.  He said the rule is that in such circumstances play is halted at the next stoppage in play. As he said sadly for Salford in this case the next stoppage was a try at the other end of the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users