Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

18/05/14 - The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,426 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

Discuss all this weekend's games here:

The Kingstone Press Championship

SUNDAY 18th MAY

Batley Bulldogs v Sheffield Eagles KO 14:00
North Wales Crusaders v Keighley Cougars KO 14:30
Barrow Raiders v Dewsbury Rams KO 15:00
Featherstone Rovers v Workington Town KO 15:00
Leigh Centurions v Doncaster KO 15:00
Rochdale Hornets v Halifax KO 15:00
Whitehaven v Swinton Lions KO 15:00

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'll be at the North Wales Crusaders v Keighley Cougars game. If anyone else is going - come early there is a World Record attept to for the biggest rugby league scrum at 13:45. It should be fun.

http://www.northwale...ecord-breakers/

The game is also Autism Friendly to support a local autism charity.

Its the last game at the Racecourse for over a month while the pitch and stadium undergo redevelopment so I'm hoping for a big turn to cheer the lads on after their win at Halifax.

#3 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

Hornets host Halifax in our 'Green Socks' day for Spring Hill Hospice - get yourself down and support a good cause.

Fanblog preview of the game here >> http://theseladscanr...blogspot.co.uk/

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#4 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

I'll be at the North Wales Crusaders v Keighley Cougars game. If anyone else is going - come early there is a World Record attept to for the biggest rugby league scrum at 13:45. It should be fun.

http://www.northwale...ecord-breakers/

The game is also Autism Friendly to support a local autism charity.

Its the last game at the Racecourse for over a month while the pitch and stadium undergo redevelopment so I'm hoping for a big turn to cheer the lads on after their win at Halifax.

This is another doable 4 pointer for the Cougars in their quest to avoid the drop zone of the bottom 5. A shame our player coach is banned. It's also a vital game for the Crusaders as well. With any luck it should top the 1000 barrier. Go Cougars.

#5 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

This is another doable 4 pointer for the Cougars in their quest to avoid the drop zone of the bottom 5. A shame our player coach is banned. It's also a vital game for the Crusaders as well. With any luck it should top the 1000 barrier. Go Cougars.

double 4 pointer?

6 pointer with potential 1 points for looser!

The championship is so competitive its a shame the changes are coming!

Looking at cru they have 3 such fixtures coming up!

It looks to me like the game of the round!

Shame champ games are being played when its magic weekend as magic should be treated like a cup final!

Edited by yipyee, 16 May 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#6 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,366 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

First game of Andy Hay's reign at PO Road. Good luck to the fella.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#7 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

First game of Andy Hay's reign at PO Road. Good luck to the fella.

He's gonna need it grrr....

Or maybe not.

#8 wackojacko

wackojacko
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Keighley beat Cru sixteen to fourteen. Seb Martins sent off at the death for dissent. World record rugby league scrum.

#9 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Disappointed with todays result - a game we could have won but were masters of out own downfall yet again. To many  errors in the wrong part of the field and poor discipline once again. Well don to Keighley on sticking to their game and coming up with a narrow win.

The Cougars fans were in fine voice at the end and I loved their new chant "We don't need a coach, we don't need a coach, we're Keighley Cougars.. ..we don't need a coach!"

#10 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

Would be interesting to know if Martins' was sent off for something said in English or French!

Another good win from Leigh, 50-20 vs Doncaster, equalling the club record of fourteen successive victories. Donny played some good stuff in fairness and Paul Cooke was the best player on the park for long spells until we managed to cut loose with 20 minutes or so remaining. Some cracking tries scored by Leigh all afternoon though, including a corker from Adam Higson that can only be considered Makinson-esque.

#11 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

The Higson try looks even better in sequence

#12 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:25 AM

Would be interesting to know if Martins' was sent off for something said in English or French!

Another good win from Leigh, 50-20 vs Doncaster, equalling the club record of fourteen successive victories. Donny played some good stuff in fairness and Paul Cooke was the best player on the park for long spells until we managed to cut loose with 20 minutes or so remaining. Some cracking tries scored by Leigh all afternoon though, including a corker from Adam Higson that can only be considered Makinson-esque.

Tom Hodson scored one of those for us at Whitehaven.

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights 'editor', Doncaster RLFC.

#13 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

Fanblog review of Hornets v Halifax here http://theseladscanr...blogspot.co.uk/

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#14 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

I think Martins' gesture to George Stokes that he needed to wear spectacles meant the same in English and French! Crusaders missed 2 conversion attempts that they would normally score and Keighley put 2 over off the post. The difference between winning and losing was that close, but to be fair to Keighley they had by far the greater territorial advantage and the greater possession due to Crusaders constantly turning the ball over cheaply.

#15 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 997 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

I think Martins' gesture to George Stokes that he needed to wear spectacles meant the same in English and French!

That's disappointing, I had a vision of a bilingual referee!

#16 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

That's disappointing, I had a vision of a bilingual referee!

Apparently, Seb Martins only knows one swear word in English.. unfortunately the ref knew it too.

#17 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

Back on line after a house move and long conflab with a BT call center to get the broadband working. Must admit I enjoyed the game at the Racecourse, three tries each isn't bad - it'll be interesting to see how long Keighley'll be able to keep the 21 who looked as if he had the makings of a very useful player. Next stop Cefn Druids ground, another one to add to the collection!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users