Champions Toulouse may return

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

In the Rl Weekly it is suggested that Tooulouse may be able to compete against SL clubs bottom four under the new 2015 set up. How? Where are they going to fir in and who will miss out? French TV and the subsequent fees seem to bew the deciding factor. Is it sod the Championship clubs again>

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

I would embrace Toulouse's inclusion.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

That would mean Robin that we have two Super League club, Leigh, Toulouse and ourselves vying for a top four place next season. Not counting Halifax and Sheffield etc. Lets hope we are strong enough.

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

A stronger competition??. ... I'm up for that.
But I'm up for wayching fev in SW france more.

#5 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

Theres no answer to that Robin. That's two bites of the cherry. I just think that if the RL introduce Tolouse to the championship then some club might miss out on the middle eight play off section by their inclusion which is only being done for the money from French Television.

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

Fair enough. I think toulouse will enhance the competition. Contribute to makng the game here and in france stronger. Improve the standard of the competition and give me the fabulous opportunity of watching fev play in toulouse again

#7 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

From what I am told our Stand off/ Scrum Half/ bantam weight enjoyed himself the last time he was there too.

#8 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

Why? Clubs are struggling to afford trips to Cumbria,,,,,

Very nice for those who can afford it, but why not just have a holiday/short break there if you want?

#9 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

In the Rl Weekly it is suggested that Tooulouse may be able to compete against SL clubs bottom four under the new 2015 set up. How? Where are they going to fir in and who will miss out? French TV and the subsequent fees seem to bew the deciding factor. Is it sod the Championship clubs again>

It was suggested that they could compete the last time they were in the Championship........

#10 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

Fair enough. I think toulouse will enhance the competition. Contribute to makng the game here and in france stronger. Improve the standard of the competition and give me the fabulous opportunity of watching fev play in toulouse again

Fully agree robin, with the interests of RL at heart we need a plan to get at least 4 French clubs into an expanded SL structure come 2018

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

That would mean Robin that we have two Super League club, Leigh, Toulouse and ourselves vying for a top four place next season. Not counting Halifax and Sheffield etc. Lets hope we are strong enough.

Maybe they'll take London's place?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

It was suggested that they could compete the last time they were in the Championship........

To be fair a lot of the best semi-pro players available side-stepped joining Toulouse to earn more money in Elite 1. If you were part-time would you play for less money and potentially have to take time off work to travel back and forth to the UK every second week or earn more and play at Carcasonne, Avignon etc? 

The Championship salary cap crippled their recruitment potential. A bigger salary cap will make a massive difference to the make up of their squad if allowed in.

#13 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

Maybe they'll take London's place?

or 6 instead of 5 go down from this seasons championship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users