Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

WHAT HAS HAPPENED

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

where has everyone gone to ? why has all the banter stopped? surely summer rugby has not brought us to this that we are unable to communicate and have a laugh has
it? Cmon guys will one of you set the ball rolling.
Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#2 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Was thinking that myself,very quiet over the last few weeks

#3 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

think the problem is Maxwel every time a interesting thread started it just got hijacked to something else completely irrelevant, hence peeps have done one

Edited by Wilber, 15 May 2014 - 10:50 PM.

#4 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

Pretty lame that Stu there is an element there ,but the thing is Apathy a lot of people within the game are giving up and walking away and you know that's the case .

OUR game has been hijacked by ignorant egotistic individuals and a lot of people cant see the bigger picture because the gallery is closed.

#5 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

think the problem is Maxwel every time a interesting thread started it just got hijacked to something else completely irrelevant, hence peeps have done one

There is an interesting thread on the general forum regarding academies and player development clubs, but like one or two others I notice you have chosen not to comment on that!!!!!!

http://www.totalrl.c...opment-centres/

I am surprised that you have no opinion on it given its nature and potential to destroy the amateur game, maybe you are not the self proclaimed saviour of the amateur game that you have previously suggested you were?

Is there not a song about selling your soul to the devil?

Well, the moral of the story
The moral of the song
Is simply that one should never be
Where ones does not belong
So when you see your neighbor carryin' somethin'
Help him with his load
And don't go mistaking Paradise
For that home across the road.

It's about time people out there grew a set of balls and stood up for the amateur game as whole instead of looking after their own little piece of power.

To much double dealing, bullsh1t and people who do not have a handle on what is going on making decisions for those who are propping the sport up.........ie the volunteers and the amateur clubs!!!

Edited by LordCharles, 16 May 2014 - 07:29 AM.

#6 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

I think a lot of people don't realise how the game is struggling or understand some of the issues amateur clubs are faced with. Another thing is I agree is some of the topics do get a little sidelined but do we ever get answers I think not.
I spoke by chance to 2 high profile people in the amateur game and a club secretary of one of the biggest clubs in the country yesterday, I have recently spoken to both Hull and HKR and all admit the amateur game is struggling big style.
I agree with Taxi people are fed up and walking away from the game, you can only take frustration for so long before you think enough is enough, even to not entering onto the forum.

Edited by Defender1, 16 May 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#7 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,585 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

There is an interesting thread on the general forum regarding academies and player development clubs, but like one or two others I notice you have chosen not to comment on that!!!!!!

http://www.totalrl.c...opment-centres/

I am surprised that you have no opinion on it given its nature and potential to destroy the amateur game, maybe you are not the self proclaimed saviour of the amateur game that you have previously suggested you were?

Is there not a song about selling your soul to the devil?

Well, the moral of the story
The moral of the song
Is simply that one should never be
Where ones does not belong
So when you see your neighbor carryin' somethin'
Help him with his load
And don't go mistaking Paradise
For that home across the road.

It's about time people out there grew a set of balls and stood up for the amateur game as whole instead of looking after their own little piece of power.

To much double dealing, bullsh1t and people who do not have a handle on what is going on making decisions for those who are propping the sport up.........ie the volunteers and the amateur clubs!!!

Maybe people are just tired of being ignored then sidelined over this year's "saviour" idea.

It's not often that I post in this forum as it's rare that I spend time watching this level of rugby these days.  Many of my friends are players, coaches, clubmen or even just social fans of the clubs around this level and I just can't believe how many of them aren't going to games this season.  A very good friend of mine summed it up for me: It'd be nice if we could have just one year of rugby without someone trying to change it for the "better" and by "better" they mean what suits their narrow interests rather than the game at large.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#8 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Cracking post

#9 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Why make this personal Jason? I don't believe I have ever written anywhere that I am the saviour of the amateur game ?

And just because I don't sound off on forums about wrong doings and an injustice to the game doesn't mean I don't debate the issues at hand else where because you will be sadly mistaken.

#10 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Not lame at all Mick the thread is relating to banter not game wide issues. If we want a "get it off your chest" thread then create one, you never know some sensibly option and action may come of it?

#11 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

For the record, history has a habit of repeating itself, be prepared for the battle!!

#12 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

Why make this personal Jason? I don't believe I have ever written anywhere that I am the saviour of the amateur game ?

And just because I don't sound off on forums about wrong doings and an injustice to the game doesn't mean I don't debate the issues at hand else where because you will be sadly mistaken.

Well all I will say Stu is that for all your debating and the debating of the members of the Community Board, its either ineffective, pointless or your all in bed together.

You have stated many times what you would do, how you would do it and why you would do it, given the information that has come to light then perhaps its time to firmly nail your colours to your chosen mast and get on with doing it!!!!

To much double dealing involved in all this I feel and at what expense?................that of clubs within the community game!!!

Time for transparency and one voice, a strong voice, a united voice, that voice being the WHOLE COMMUNITY that is Amateur Rugby League.

So which side are you on?

What are you going to do?

And when is somebody going to be honest with the Amateur game about the intentions of those that would crumble without it?

Edited by LordCharles, 16 May 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#13 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

What's with all the first names? I am getting confused! Easily done, I know...

#14 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

First I no longer sit on the community board and haven't done for well over a year. My colours have always been the same but when you give a head bang you end up being a mushroom.

The paper produced was a million miles away from what was discussed, which doesn't surprise me with SL and Performance, but my opinion has never changed, your challenge should be with those that agreed the paper in principal.

My first argument about the document was show me the benefit of that paper to the community game, I'm still waiting for that answer! We have a stay of execution until 2016 so the preparation is being collated for an attempt to change their minds later on this year at the 3way group which will ultimately sign it off, but then again, 3 community, 3 championship and 3 SL I think the professional ranks outweigh us? but we have shot.

I gave my rally call for the BARLA job last year, if that's what you are referring to about what I would do? but the old guard decided to go with an untested person so they could keep it in house, you must remember the back stabbing they even rang you to stand against me so I would not have a position!!. I cant do it if I don't have the position, you must know that feeling!

Could I have changed it had I been in the position of chair, I doubt it. It's hard to fight a machine with 200 Million quid and a bunch of kids who only want to be a professional. However I would have been able to have my say around the table and done everything to convince the board it is the wrong decision for the community game.

My side has always been the Amateur side and always will be.

#15 bluearmy

bluearmy
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

Is there any movement anywhere

#16 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

First I no longer sit on the community board and haven't done for well over a year. My colours have always been the same but when you give a head bang you end up being a mushroom.

The paper produced was a million miles away from what was discussed, which doesn't surprise me with SL and Performance, but my opinion has never changed, your challenge should be with those that agreed the paper in principal.

My first argument about the document was show me the benefit of that paper to the community game, I'm still waiting for that answer!

We have a stay of execution until 2016 so the preparation is being collated for an attempt to change their minds later on this year at the 3way group which will ultimately sign it off, but then again, 3 community, 3 championship and 3 SL I think the professional ranks outweigh us? but we have shot.

I gave my rally call for the BARLA job last year, if that's what you are referring to about what I would do? but the old guard decided to go with an untested person so they could keep it in house, you must remember the back stabbing they even rang you to stand against me so I would not have a position!!. I cant do it if I don't have the position, you must know that feeling!

Could I have changed it had I been in the position of chair, I doubt it. It's hard to fight a machine with 200 Million quid and a bunch of kids who only want to be a professional. However I would have been able to have my say around the table and done everything to convince the board it is the wrong decision for the community game.

My side has always been the Amateur side and always will be.

Stu.............just let me get this right.............your saying that a document does exist and has been discussed at the Community Board and an agreement has been made to hold it off being implemented until 2016, yet the people who will actually sign it off are a group that is represented by double the amount of Pro Clubs to the Community Clubs, hence your assumption it will go through?

Now then moving on...........if the Community Board have seen and discussed this how come the Community Board representitives for the Community Game such as Charlie Bray, Sue Taylor and Peter Moran have not consulted with or fed this information back to the Community Game!!!!!

At this point, you now have to wonder why the Community Board exists, what actual purpose does it achieve and how the hell a further group (3Way) can be in a position to sign something off that affects the biggest percentage of the sport (Amateur/Community Game), who have never been consulted other than through the those people who represent them on the Community Board and those individuals have in fact not communicated in any sense of the word with those they represent!!!!

Kind of STINKS and just highlights how the RFL and the Pro game view the Amateurs, those Amateurs who put every single one of them where they are today!!!

Time for the whole COMMUNITY of the AMATEUR game to stand TOGETHER and take a stand against what is little more than an IGNORANT DICTATORSHIP.

Edited by LordCharles, 16 May 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#17 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

When you volunteer and give your time free of charge and have done so for over 30 odd years I think you should be allowed to have an opinion and be heard/listened to.
But in the current climate in our amateur game those in the ivory towers have stopped listening to anyone whom dares to question them or their motives and this is why people are turning away from the game.

No one can convince me that the move to summer has been a success - go ahead if you like!
Numbers down spectators down bar takings down and yes we have tried n tried with BBQ etc.
Also the fixture lists are all to cock - play one week no game for three week followed by two away games and then one home game! You couldn't work that out with a slide rule!!!
Sadly our game sold out to the pro ranks for the promise of a few pieces of silver just like judas did with the Romans, and just like him we now have the rope around our necks.

#18 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

By the looks of it its just a case of when they decide to kick the stool from under us to make sure the rope tightens hard and fast!!

#19 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

When you volunteer and give your time free of charge and have done so for over 30 odd years I think you should be allowed to have an opinion and be heard/listened to.
But in the current climate in our amateur game those in the ivory towers have stopped listening to anyone whom dares to question them or their motives and this is why people are turning away from the game.

No one can convince me that the move to summer has been a success - go ahead if you like!
Numbers down spectators down bar takings down and yes we have tried n tried with BBQ etc.
Also the fixture lists are all to cock - play one week no game for three week followed by two away games and then one home game! You couldn't work that out with a slide rule!!!
Sadly our game sold out to the pro ranks for the promise of a few pieces of silver just like judas did with the Romans, and just like him we now have the rope around our necks.

#20 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Back to the banter!

Hullies are Codheads

Cas and Wakey are Pit Yackers

Wiganers are Pie Eaters

So what are the Cumbrians - can we class brow and mont as one and the same?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users