Sunday's match

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

Following on from the entertaining rugby (both sides) on show at the game against Oxford and the warm weather in prospect, Sunday's match is definitely one not to miss. Really looking forward to it.

Come on the Roughyeds!!

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

Should be a cracking game again. Lads have trained well and it could be interesting to see what team Nobby puts out.

Come on you Yeds!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Well said hope we can get the result and kick our season on from here up the Yeds!! 🏈🏈

#4 geoffcooke

geoffcooke
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Rugby Oldham AGM being held at The Famous King George on Hollins Road prior to the game at 1pm. Time to find out what we are doing, have a beer and make the match.

Top game in prospect v. York. Really looking forward to it.

#5 OutsiderLookingIn

OutsiderLookingIn
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

can I please take this opportunity to remind all our gorgeous and handsome fans, that in weather like this, Whitebank is a veritable sun trap, and temperatures can soar, as any wind/breeze is blocked by the stand/trees/fencing.

Please make sure you use sun lotion....baldies, DON'T forget your heads, necks and ears! And keep up the fluids (not an excuse for extra ale LOL :P ) we don't want any of you passing out with heat or sun stroke....remember it will be BIG Phil the GSO who will be giving you the kiss of life!!!!

Don't forget if you are coming with kids, they will burn quicker, so make sure they are also protected with sun cream and hats......don't forget their extra fluids too...just because you are engrossed in the blistering action on the pitch, don't let them fry/dehydrate!

Anyone who has forgotten to put lotion on their kids, can get a squish of factor 50 from the emergency contingency bottle in the control room!

Hopefully we will score an awesome win, and also prevent any painful and red lobsters waking up with pounding headaches on Monday! :beach:

#6 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

I take it by the lack of postings your all still out celebrating. Must off been a cracking game well done

#7 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

I take it by the lack of postings your all still out celebrating. Must off been a cracking game well done

Think most will be in A and E with strokes and coronarys. Led 27-0 after 30 mins and tried their best to throw it away, only won with a "hail Mary" try two minutes from full time.

#8 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

Think I have to take a look at myself. I witnessed an excellent game of Rugby in red hot conditions, and all I could do was moan about how we let a 27 point lead slip. When the true fact of the matter looking back with hindsight was, we showed remarkable resolve to score the last gasp try that won the game. So now I have got my blood pressure down to a reasonable level. Well done to the Roughyeds. 

I would also like to say what a pleasant place to watch Rugby, Whitebank is when the sun is out.

#9 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

It was a strange old match. Honestly thought we had blown it and yet all credit to the lads they pulled it out of the bag. It's a good win but should have been far more comfortable. It will be interesting to see how Hunslet & York go head to head next week. And we just need to keep winning.

#10 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

It was extremely hot but that was the same for both sides. Thought we needed a 20 point cushion at half time even before the York come back but a win is a win

#11 higgy

higgy
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

It was a good job York didn't have a goal kicker, when they scored the try to put them three in front and missed the kick one of their players said it doesn't matter, it certainly did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users