TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Frankie Mariano Extends Cas Deal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tigers News

Tigers News
  • Coach
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

8787.jpg

Castleford Tigers has announced that Frankie Mariano has signed a two-year contract extension.

The versatile second row joined the Tigers ahead of the current First Utility Super League season from Wakefield Wildcats and his new deal will see him remain at The Mend-A-Hose Jungle until the end of 2016.

Mariano, 27, has featured in every Tigers game in Super League and the Tetley's Challenge Cup this campaign, scoring three tries.

"I feel really comfortable," Mariano explained. "I've never felt as comfortable as I do now in this team which is a big factor and it's showing in my game.

"I wanted to play in every game, but it's not something I expected with being in a brand new side and having to work my way in.

"Obviously I've done something right for Daryl Powell to keep playing me and this is exactly what I needed and wanted. Hopefully I can carry on, keep progressing and keep getting better.

"I feel that I have improved every week as I get a better understanding of the team and how we're playing. We've had a few lapses, but we know where we have gone wrong which is the main thing.

"The team has gelled since day one of training and my style of playing fits with everybody else's and we're working well as a team. I feel like I'm progressing week in, week out, but I know that I've got a lot more to come."

With his future secured, Mariano is looking forward to continuing his good form and helping to guide the young talent coming through the ranks at the Tigers.

"My ultimate target is to be a regular in a great team at a great club with great fans and I think I've got that here.

"We've started the season well and we're hoping to finish it even better. Over the next couple of years I'd like to take more of a leadership role as I'm obviously not one of the younger ones in the squad, so I need to start showing my experience and try and look after some of the younger lads coming through."

Daryl Powell said: "It is great news for the club that Frankie has signed a new contract for the next two years.

"He has continued to improve throughout the year and has lots of room to develop his game even further.

"He is a big athlete with potential to play in three positions, which makes him a valuable member of our squad." 

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users