Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Small minded idiots boo Marwan Koukash

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

As he enters the field at Magic Weekend.

Why?

He's the type of person we need more of in our game.

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

It's a tough game this, fans don't have to be nice to everyone - twas ever thus.

I'd boo Lenaghan or McManus if they walked out onto the field: doesn't mean they don't do a good job. If Koukash is serious about making Salford a dominant club he'll have to get used to people not fa2ning over him. I'm sure the Salford fans cheered him as he came on, and rightly so.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

Bah but of drama does no harm, I'm sure he's tough enough
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#4 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,417 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

Pffh. Who cares? I bet he doesn't.

#boredofkoukash

A Fev Blog

#5 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

"YOU CAN BUY THE GIRL , BUT YOU CAN'T BUY THE LOVE MY FRIEND" Massimo Cellino

and I used the term girl advisedly :angel:

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#6 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

Yeah none story, just banter, old Ming's got thick enough skin

#7 absentee thoughtlord

absentee thoughtlord
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

Why?

The culture of envy, I'm afraid.

#8 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Oh indeed yes, green is the colour

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 17 May 2014 - 05:11 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

Envy ?  Just remind me of their league position at the moment .....

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#10 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

Bah but of drama does no harm, I'm sure he's tough enough

Indeed - in fact I'd suggest he thrives on it!

#11 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

Just because we don't all fawn over him and think he's the best thing since sliced bread does not make us small minded

The way he conducts himself in the the public eye is downright childish

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#12 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

Just because we don't all fawn over him and think he's the best thing since sliced bread does not make us small minded

the two cas fans interviewed on the pitch on saturday left no one in any doubt what they thought of koukash 

Edited by Viking Warrior, 19 May 2014 - 11:31 AM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

the two cas fans interviewed on the pitch on saturday left no one in any doubt what they thought of koukash 

And their opinion was .........?

#14 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

The default reaction of some people is 'it's not one of my lot therefore i'll boo/abuse'. I remember plenty of people booing the Australian national anthem at the world cup final which was pretty poor. Booing Marwan is probably water off a duck's back though.

#15 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Don't understand why fans don't just ignore him. I think he has learnt some hard lessons so far and is less in your face in the press.

Twitter is a problem as it gives idiots a platform to have a go at public figures and some of our players (and owners) rise to it.

Remember RL is a family game

:onthequiet:

#16 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,784 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Are people really this touchy over a bit of booing in a sporting context?!
Posted Image

#17 raceman

raceman
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

Here here well said!

And I was in the players bar after the Bulls v Giants game and the Bulls staff were all over him it was embarrassing. And the guy needs to learn that Rugby League is different to owning a race horse, he can't just go out and spend the cash to "buy" a Rugby League Trophy. It's a long building process which takes years. Huddersfield, Widnes and Castleford have shown how it should be done.

At the end of the day he will thrive, even on the boos because it gets him publicity which is his game.

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

I'd gladly suffer plenty of his boo boys to be in his financial position just like he wouldn't want to lose his boo boys to be in mine.

Let's get some sort of a grip here, please.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#19 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,503 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

Idiots boo Koukash, so what, it's not life changing!!

The Dr has a plan and I'm sure he's loving the boo's,it means he can continue to go about his business and build a reputation within the game.

So far the Dr has given his opinions, challenged senior people within the game with his ideas and he is ready to spend to accumalate.

What ever people / fans think of him and / or Salford the Dr is here and gets us in the paper / news.

It can only be good for us!!!!

#20 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

Bottom line is that I don't think he's been here long enough to decide whether to boo or cheer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users