Cooke: ''They are the best team in the division''

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

<p>Doncaster player coach Paul Cooke spoke to the official website ahead of tomorrow&rsquo;s clash with Leigh Centurions.</p>
<p>The Dons are looking to bounce back from last weekend&rsquo;s defeat at Whitehaven, only the clubs third defeat in the Kingstone Press Championship.</p>
<p>Cooke insisted his side must improve if they are going to stand any chance against league leaders Leigh Centurions.</p>
<p>He said: &ldquo;The next game is the easiest and quickest way that we can get back on to the winning run and we need to get back to winning ways.</p>
<p>Sunday is a whole different ball game to Whitehaven, if we start in the same manner as we did last week the game will certainly be over by half time, it won&rsquo;t be 24-0 it will be more like 40-0 and we must start better.</p>
<p>&ldquo;Paul (Rowley), his staff and his players are a fantastic set and they are a very difficult side to beat.&rdquo;</p>
<p>The Centurions remain the only undefeated team in the Kingstone Press Championship, with victories in all of their 10 matches so far this season.</p>
<p>The Dons boss heaped praise on Sunday&rsquo;s opponents, however insisted his team are looking to break Leigh&rsquo;s run by aiming for victory.</p>
<p>&ldquo;In my opinion and not just the formbook that shows it, they are the best team in the division my a country mile and it is a massive challenge for us to go there and put in a performance worthy of our shirt and our club and if we do that, regardless of the result, we will be proud,&rdquo; added Cooke.</p>
<p>&ldquo;We are certainly not going there to roll over, but we understand the task at hand, with the calibre of players and staff and the way they go about their business.</p>
<p>&ldquo;They are certainly a favourite team of mine to view week in, week out, I think they do some fantastic things and we have to nullify that and be good with what we can control as a group.</p>
<p>&ldquo;We hope to rectify what has gone wrong over the last fortnight and we will go to Leigh full of confidence that we can get a result.&rdquo;</p>

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users