Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev 32 worky 20

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

Dont really know what to make of today but Hay has certainly got his work cut out

We played well in patches and the last two tries were great efforts but our ball retention was shocking all game, we looked really flat and went through the motions most of the game, showing our quality when required to pull away

Thought moore had a decent game and annakin was our best forward - this kid certainly doesnt take a backward step

Thought it was the best ive seen workington play for a few years at our place and we wont find it as easy as we did last year up there in the return fixture

All in all it was all rather flat both on the pitch and in the crowd

Edited by elppaxr2i, 18 May 2014 - 04:54 PM.

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Summed up pritty well but I'm still not confident we will finish second unless AH can turn it round We need an organiser on the field we haven't had one all season and the second row running out wide cannot remember last time our second row broke a tackle Saying that it's another 3 points in the bag and credit to Workington I thought they played really well in attack and ran it in with a purpose

#3 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

I thought Fev played as well as Workington let them play. They tackled hard and played some nice football.  Will Sharpe turned the game for me.  Couldn't understand what happened for Town's last try, it seemed the ref wanted the tap taken again, and then allowed the try. I thought he was very poor, in a game that didn't need much controlling.  Town deserve bigger (but not louder) support than they got today, they're a good side.  I and several other Fev fans applauded them off.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#4 knottla

knottla
  • Facebook
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

That's a fair take on the game, we need somebody to install some intensity into the players because at the moment I think that's where we are lacking. Although Moore played better,he scored a great try and had a hand in other try scoring opportunities,where he seems to let himself down is when moves are called he plays to the calls, where if he played what's in front of him I think we 'd see a different player but all that is down to confidence in taking control of the game.

#5 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

dont think tim spears is cut out to be captain you dont see him talking at all on the field you need someone to kick some butts when there not pulling there weight like stu dickens did

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

I thought Fev played as well as Workington let them play. They tackled hard and played some nice football. Will Sharpe turned the game for me. Couldn't understand what happened for Town's last try, it seemed the ref wanted the tap taken again, and then allowed the try. I thought he was very poor, in a game that didn't need much controlling. Town deserve bigger (but not louder) support than they got today, they're a good side. I and several other Fev fans applauded them off.

town usually have a good away support, but a lot of fans were put off by the fans that attended the normanton game in the challenge cup at your stadium. It was a disgrace to rugby and something that dosent belong in our game. I'm not saying they have anything to do with fev at all, but that's the reason what put a lot of townies off.

Hopefully see a good few come up to derwent park where hopefully we can better today's efforts. Well played and good luck, fev are a team that deserve a shot at super league for your performances over the last few years.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

I got gouged and had my eyelid turned inside out up at maryport playing amateur , nothing to do with a nearby pro side or putting me off going to workington . Normanton are closer to wakefield , there a amateur side that just used our ground , and i cant possibly see why it put anybody off

#8 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

I thought that Workington are far better than their league position suggests. They were equal to us in most quarters. It was touch and go. Thank goodness for the individual touches that won us the game. Definitely room for improvement in the attacking process. but as been said it is three points. Glad Workington got the bonus point, they deserved it.

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

I got gouged and had my eyelid turned inside out up at maryport playing amateur , nothing to do with a nearby pro side or putting me off going to workington . Normanton are closer to wakefield , there a amateur side that just used our ground , and i cant possibly see why it put anybody off

im just saying after speaking to a number of town fans that that's the reason why people didn't travel down.

#10 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

im just saying after speaking to a number of town fans that that's the reason why people didn't travel down.

I stopped visiting my auntie in High Wycombe for a while cos the toilets at Newport Pagnel services were abysmal.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 18 May 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

I stopped visiting my auntie in High Wycombe for a while cos the toilets at Newport Pagnel services were abysmal.

well if you think that behaviour is acceptable and ok to make light of then that's your prerogative.

#12 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Think your missing the point , the point being it was nothing to do with the club or fans of featherstone rovers , and no , no one has said it is acceptable behaviour .

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Think your missing the point , the point being it was nothing to do with the club or fans of featherstone rovers , and no , no one has said it is acceptable behaviour .

and I haven't for one second said it had anything to do with fev. And it's not the reason why I wasn't there, I was just pointing out that it was the reason why a good few we're put off by the trip.

#14 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

An thats why in my first post i didnt refer individually to you but as saying , "i cant possibly see why it put anybody off" .

#15 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Our new coach wasn't too impressed taken from the Pont and Fev Express.

http://www.pontefrac...ix-up-1-6623768

#16 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

Didn't hide owt. No platitudes or soundbites. Just gave an honest opinion in his after match interview. How refreshing
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#17 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

Well played Workington...had us rocking for a while; Best WORKINGTON side at Fev in years;

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Well played Workington...had us rocking for a while; Best WORKINGTON side at Fev in years;

many think we have a worse squad than last year but with vievers in charge he's getting everything out of our very small squad. And we seem a better unit with only 1 or 2 Wigan players rather than the likes of dudson and Hughes who don't give a ###### about town. See you in a couple of months at sunny derwent park.

#19 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

I was at the game to day and got to say annakin was the best he gave it every thing hard game to watch at times but got the win hays got is work cut out only time will tell

Edited by old big red, 18 May 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

We know about Annakin . He came up here on loan from Wakefield . Chiselled out of granite , really puts starch in a defence up the middle and makes his carries . Ideal loose forward material . Good signing for you , is SL squad standard .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users