TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton Away 25/5/14

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

Hi Everyone

Hope to see you all down at The Leigh Sports Village next weekend where the match will celebrate Swinton winning the Championship trophy fifty-years ago and players from that era will be at the game for a special get together.

Also we will have a limited edition special programme on sale  £ 2.50 with the Rampant Lion logo on the front.

See you all there

Thank You

Ian Rigg

Media Manager

Swinton Lions

#2 PKK

PKK
  • Coach
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

I've no doubt we'll be there in good numbers.

I like the ground / atmosphere when Leigh aren't there but it would be good to see you lot with your own ground soon.

Edited by PKK, 18 May 2014 - 10:44 PM.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

Anyone coming over on Sunday or is everybody too busy talking about Brennan ?  ;)

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

Guess what! I'm going for a big win for the Dogs

Lions 10 - Dogs 28

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

Got to love your optimism PM but Batley scoring 28 points at this present time

would constitute a minor miracle.

#6 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

A tight affair but a loss I'm afraid.
20-18
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#7 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

Swinton have managed to keep games close this season (with the exception of Leigh) but have struggled to get wins.

There have been way too many penalties/unforced errors (lost last week away at Whitehaven by 4 points with a penalty count of 13-3 against them) but have looked like quite a good team when it clicks going forward. A strong pack keeping them in the game.

Ignoring the Leigh defeat, Swinton have 5 bonus points from the other 8 defeats losing the others by 14 (Sheffield-H), 14 (Featherstone-A) and 15 (Rochdale)

No idea what to expect from them or Batley on Sunday...

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#8 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

massive game this one,i hope we manage to nick it as we have some big games coming up and a win might just set us up with some confidence, another loss and i reckon were dont for with a bottom 4 spot,we hav fev twice yet,fax,sheff,barra.keighley and rochdale all to come for us,a bonus point would do for me at the moment,.tell you what too how much have we missed jc and the yards that lad made this season. :ph34r:

COME ON THE DOGGIES.     prove me wrong boys,>>>>>         22-8 to the lions,

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

The secret is in keeping O'Brien (one of those DR players!) quiet. Give him any time or space and he'll cut you to shreds. A cracking player in my book.

Swinton aren't the best defensive side in the league but they are pretty good on attack with a fair bit of pace.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

The secret is in keeping O'Brien (one of those DR players!) quiet. Give him any time or space and he'll cut you to shreds. A cracking player in my book.

Swinton aren't the best defensive side in the league but they are pretty good on attack with a fair bit of pace.

Could be a long afternoon for us then.

If we can keep the game tight we have a chance, if they score 20 or more we wont get close to that.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#11 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

Swinton have managed to keep games close this season (with the exception of Leigh) but have struggled to get wins.

There have been way too many penalties/unforced errors (lost last week away at Whitehaven by 4 points with a penalty count of 13-3 against them) but have looked like quite a good team when it clicks going forward. A strong pack keeping them in the game.

Ignoring the Leigh defeat, Swinton have 5 bonus points from the other 8 defeats losing the others by 14 (Sheffield-H), 14 (Featherstone-A) and 15 (Rochdale)

No idea what to expect from them or Batley on S

If you move the ball wide you will win we dont score many tries our attack is ordinary to say the least. With O,Brian dictating i think its a Swinton win for me and a 5th defeat on the bounce for us . Sad to say but i go Swinton 22 Dogs 14. I hope we get a bonus point.

#12 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

If we build on eagles result we can scrape it and limp to a tight victory.
Mudbath with keegan and rowe making some scrappy busts!

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

Must be a different Obrien you're all talking about cos the one playing for Swinton hasn't ripped anyone apart all season

#14 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

Another low-scorer.  Can't be there due to other commitments, but a 16-14 win for Swinton.

#15 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

A season definer for me. The further blow to confidence of a defeat to a team we blew away there last season would be really damaging for players and fans alike.
Barring Miles for Patterson, Last weeks 17 should form the basis of the rest of the season, with Blacky hopefully fit for the year.
Much pessimism on here, but I believe the players will realise this is a must win, and deliver.

#16 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

Must be a different Obrien you're all talking about cos the one playing for Swinton hasn't ripped anyone apart all season

Careful Mark, we arent allowed to mention players and their ability on here for fear of upsetting people.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#17 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

Just out of curiosity and taking notice of super leagues recent over reference to kickers conversion success rate- what is pattersons.
Wonder if eaton can tear himself away from headingley to motivate and brief our kicker

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

He made a pretty good job of it against Dewsbury.

:(
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

Careful Mark, we arent allowed to mention players and their ability on here for fear of upsetting people.

Well let's be realistic here, questioning and/or bagging an individual players ability on a public forum doesn't help does it?

#20 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Well let's be realistic here, questioning and/or bagging an individual players ability on a public forum doesn't help does it?

I do not agree with insulting a player but commenting on the display/form of a player whether good or bad is part of the game and people are entitled to there opinion. The best argument against any criticism is an improved performances on the field.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users