Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton Away 25/5/14

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Well said Trev the last time i heard we were still allowed an opinion, i don't know for 

how much longer cause it's getting like real life on here the do gooders are taking

over.If they want to hear some real vile come down to nash on a tuesday evening

9 till 11. When the team starts to perform they will receive the plaudits, so the ball

is in thier court.

#22 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

He made a pretty good job of it against Dewsbury.

:(

Yes he played ok but player of the week and man of the match was James Brown who was signed from the amateur ranks ...that of course isn't as controversial...

#23 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

Well let's be realistic here, questioning and/or bagging an individual players ability on a public forum doesn't help does it?

May as well get rid of the forum
On our forum at Swinton we are currently lamenting the closure of a post office and the misuse of apostrophes
It's blooming riveting!

#24 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

Well let's be realistic here, questioning and/or bagging an individual players ability on a public forum doesn't help does it?

Commenting on them as players and how they perform is fine. I merely comment on what happens on the field, im sure they are lovely people and you like others are confusing the difference between commenting on the player and the person.

You are definitely one of the do gooders that Vile Rodders speaks of, possibly even ranked as high as number 2 on here in terms of opposing anything that isnt what you want to hear, rather than just accepting opinions of others and encouraging debate, which is what this type of forum is for.

And for the record, that isnt a comment about you as a person, as i dont know you, its a comment about you as a member of this forum.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#25 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

Many of the posters on this forum have poured thousands of pounds into supporting this club over the years, paying week in, week out to attend matches home and away. I'd say that gives them a certain level of entitlement when it comes to assessing the contribution of the players. Maybe you'd prefer a gag on such comments so we can all pretend to be living in a perfect, fairytale land of pixies and magic fairy dust? It's not like the players don't get very well paid to represent our interests on the field, is it?

Posted Image

#26 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Would maybe dispute your reference to "very well paid" in relation to Batley players, Terminator.

#27 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,635 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

In the heady days pre-forums fans voiced their opinions of players literally, and often very loudly, and they still do. If you pay your money then you are entitled to voice your opinion of an individual's performance; plaudits and brickbats should be expected with equal fortitude.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#28 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

am sure coach's dont pat every player on the back if they have played bad,theres plenty of players over the years took the flack and turned their game around for the good. best way to answer the batley  fans who have simply had an opinion  is to pick  up a win or two out these next few games. :bb:

???weres humptie dumpties barmy army gone too. :hunter:

Edited by silverback, 24 May 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#29 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Would maybe dispute your reference to "very well paid" in relation to Batley players, Terminator.

Maybe not compared to other clubs Fred, but on a pro rata basis they are still 'very well paid'.

Posted Image

#30 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 544 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

18 - 33 to Batley.

#31 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

massive game this one,i hope we manage to nick it as we have some big games coming up and a win might just set us up with some confidence, another loss and i reckon were dont for with a bottom 4 spot,we hav fev twice yet,fax,sheff,barra.keighley and rochdale all to come for us,a bonus point would do for me at the moment,.tell you what too how much have we missed jc and the yards that lad made this season. :ph34r:
COME ON THE DOGGIES. prove me wrong boys,>>>>> 22-8 to the lions,

stick to writing daft predctions

#32 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

I think a few of you may have mis understood my comment. I am not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't put, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was just stating that if players read this forum and see what some people write it isn't hardy going to help our cause at this moment in time.

Anyways.. Back to winning ways today, confidence has been growing over the last few weeks. Long may that continue. Up the dogs!

#33 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Guess what! I'm going for a big win for the Dogs

Lions 10 - Dogs 28

Well done PM!  Your persistence paid off.  Numbers slightly off but margin almost spot on.

#34 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

My god did we need that.
Its about time the top middle and bottom broke away.
Now which camp do we belong in

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#35 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

stick to writing daft predctions

:shout:  yep, about time too, just hope we can go on a winning spree now for a few weeks. :bb:

unless theres a few more players NOT due again... :pickeat: :pickeat:

#36 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

I think a few of you may have mis understood my comment. I am not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't put, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was just stating that if players read this forum and see what some people write it isn't hardy going to help our cause at this moment in time.

Anyways.. Back to winning ways today, confidence has been growing over the last few weeks. Long may that continue. Up the dogs!

must have worked anyway ;)  Great HW double.

#37 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

Much needed win today.

Much needed confidence booster ahead of a tough game next week at home to Featherstone and their cast of thousands.

Well done boys, one swallow doesnt make a summer, but we can be happy for another week at least.

Edited by buford t justice, 25 May 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#38 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

We should 'bag' the players more often!

We only win when we bag them!

#39 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

Better again today, the improvements continue, but thought that Swinton weren't up to much. Good to deny a bonus point too and put some space between the teams. Miles was flawless today and Leatherbarrow grew in confidence, despite his wayward pass and their try interception. It gives us a bit of hope for next week, though I can't see another tight game we have enjoyed for the last few years with Fev.

#40 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Windogs  I disagree with your statement "I was just stating that if players read this forum and see what some people write it isn't hardy going to help our cause at this moment in time".  The majority of players know how well or badly they are playing without needing to read a forum. 

In regards to todays game.The effort of the players against Swinton was excellent. There was more quality from the halfbacks and the team in general compared to the Sheffield game .Black is getting fitter every game whilst Leatherbarrow had his best game of the season. All 17 players put in a good shift today. 

I agree that the team is starting to play with more confidence and there appears to be a good attitude from the players. Lets hope it continues with the Featherstone game. Up the dogs!

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,