- - - - -

Swinton Away 25/5/14

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

Leatherbarrow was MOM for me. Had a great game. Him and Nicholson are both playing better with Black on the field. I hope Applegarth isn't out for too long.

#42 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

League Express also gave MOM to Leatherbarrow.

Maybe there is a player in there after all.

#43 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

I thought vinny's leap and catch of the high ball summed up the change in the team for me. A bit of concentration and the lions wouldn't have even scored.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#44 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

Yep vinny had a good game too

#45 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Thought Jay Leary went well yesterday, looks a lot better at loose, and reminds me a bit like Tim spears. Goes about his business quietly but never misses a tackle and takes his share of carries!

Nico, Black and Leatherbarrow seem to be gaining an understanding of each other, just need to use Griffin a bit more cleverly now instead of him only touching the ball in our half!!

#46 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

Plaudits to the team yesterday and well deserved Leatherbarrow finally showed us

why we signed him,but he now has to do it on a regular basis all teams fire when

their half backs dictate.

#47 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

Thought the ref was very good too

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#48 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

He was very good, indicating a shoulder charge on O'Brien yet not issuing a red card or at the very least a sin bin for the lateness of the challenge.

#49 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

He was very good, indicating a shoulder charge on O'Brien yet not issuing a red card or at the very least a sin bin for the lateness of the challenge.

I think everyone believes that a shoulder charge is a straight red after the rule that you can't do it was brought in. I don't believe this is the case? Every incident is different.

#50 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

Shoulder charge is a penalty just like a head-high tackle. If it is deemed or suspected as being dangerous play then it can either go on report or be a red depending upon the referees view and opinion. It can't be a sin bin.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#51 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

I think he got it right. If I remember correctly Swindon scored from the resulting set?

#52 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

Really enjoyed the effort from the team on Sunday and to pick up a priceless 3 pts. Thaught that was Leatherbarrows best game in a Batley shirt prepared to try off the cuff things and being a lot more creative.That was the player i expected to see when he signed for us . Finnigan another player who has struggled this season played well , also Improvements from several other players in the team . Its just the start and we have a long way to go but lets hope we have turned the corner. Well done to the team. Not many from Batley at the game at Leigh lets also hope that they were saving to come on  Sunday A daunting game against a improving Fev. but who knows ? cant see us winning but the same effort and commitment we saw on Sunday could make for a really interesting clash fingers crossed . Again well played Batley.

Edited by greavesy, 27 May 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#53 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

The point I was making was that the ref was far from very good.

#54 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

The point I was making was that the ref was far from very good.

Why? The Batley player commited a foul and was penalised? The right decision in his and my opinion. Surely you don't think the Batley player should have been sent off for it?

#55 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Really enjoyed the effort from the team on Sunday and to pick up a priceless 3 pts. Thaught that was Leatherbarrows best game in a Batley shirt prepared to try off the cuff things and being a lot more creative.That was the player i expected to see when he signed for us . 

I think everyone hoped this was the sort of performance we would see from him. However it is not always easy to come to a new club, with the majority of the other players also new and trying to fit in, and also have no settled half back partner. So now we have had a reasonably settled team for a couple of matches, together with Blacky playing alongside him and obviously taking some of the pressure off him, let's hope he can grow in confidence and start to influence matches.

#56 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

Why? The Batley player commited a foul and was penalised? The right decision in his and my opinion. Surely you don't think the Batley player should have been sent off for it?

So you didn't consider the challenge late? and worthy of at least a sin bin, especially when we lost Peet towards the end of the game for dissent.

#57 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

So you didn't consider the challenge late? and worthy of at least a sin bin, especially when we lost Peet towards the end of the game for dissent.

Why would it matter if the challenge was late?  A shoulder-charge is, in the same way as a high tackle, illegal, and therefore worthy of a penalty, whether late or otherwise.  The referee, if he deems there to be malicious intent should award a red card to the offender.  He signified the type of offence, but chose not to give a red card, presumably having considered there to be no such intent.  I don't get your last phrase.  Is there a rule that if you have a player named Peet, and he gets sent off for dissent, then all the other rules should be changed as a result?

#58 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

It depends what he said to the ref too

#59 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

there is no sin binning for the shoulder charge.......its a penalty.....on report or redcard....the ref thought it only worthy of a penalty.....and you scored from that set.....

#60 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

This debate is going nowhere. Probably best that we just let it Peet-er out.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users