• 1,149 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

Didnt know he'd gone on loan to York

#2 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

What John Kear or Kevin did not ring you to let you know :-))

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#3 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Would be good for the few supporters we have to be kept up to date with player movements.

Thought he looked really good on Boxing Day but hasn't really impressed on the few occasions he has appeared since.  Let's hope he gets plenty of game time at York and comes back fully charged up and ready to go.

#4 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

Looked very useful for us on Sunday against a massive pack

#5 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

No, you wouldnt want him back, stick with what you have and leave him at York ! ;) 

#6 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

Would be good for the few supporters we have to be kept up to date with player movements.

Thought he looked really good on Boxing Day but hasn't really impressed on the few occasions he has appeared since. Let's hope he gets plenty of game time at York and comes back fully charged up and ready to go.

will need back i bet for 1st june as keegan cant play

#7 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

will need back i bet for 1st june as keegan cant play

Presuming JK knows keegan cant play , why would we have sent him out on a months loan , knowing we would  call him back after 2 weeks  

#8 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

?why dident we try keep trout for a while longer, he seemed to play well for fev and even score too. i did like the look a brennan boxing day and had some decent shots in his kitbag. just seemed to be unfit but am sure if hes wanting to really get stuck in he will be welcomed back for sure,is it me but does a few of other lads look to have beefed up a bit too.were looking a bit better in the effort put in,still a couple a players light i think but were not supposed to look see,fev seem to have found a real talant in annakin fella and we might hear a lot more of his name me thinks, so there is plenty a talant still around if we can attract some. :pickeat:

#9 phildog

phildog
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:34 AM

I just can't understand how, with such a small squad to begin with, we can afford players going out on loan. No good saying he needs to get fit, or needs game time, he's been training since last November and has had a number of games under his belt. If he's not fit by May then either a) trainers/conditioners not up to much or B) he hasn't got what Kear thought he had when he signed him. Can't see that playing for York against Oxford/Hemel etc is going to improve him for our benefit. Only way he's going to get better is either by his own determination or learning against better sides. Trout seemed a waste to me, he never showed much of his supposed Super League class as far as I'm concerned, and if we're going to rely more on loans as appears the case, they need to be long term, not monthly where we have to keep re-teaching tactics. By the way, what's happened to Ben Blackmore? One of the few to come out of the Whitehaven debacle with any credit, along with his wing partner Brown, Davies and Greenwood, then he's sunk without trace.

#10 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:29 AM

I just can't understand how, with such a small squad to begin with, we can afford players going out on loan. No good saying he needs to get fit, or needs game time, he's been training since last November and has had a number of games under his belt. If he's not fit by May then either a) trainers/conditioners not up to much or B) he hasn't got what Kear thought he had when he signed him. Can't see that playing for York against Oxford/Hemel etc is going to improve him for our benefit. Only way he's going to get better is either by his own determination or learning against better sides. Trout seemed a waste to me, he never showed much of his supposed Super League class as far as I'm concerned, and if we're going to rely more on loans as appears the case, they need to be long term, not monthly where we have to keep re-teaching tactics. By the way, what's happened to Ben Blackmore? One of the few to come out of the Whitehaven debacle with any credit, along with his wing partner Brown, Davies and Greenwood, then he's sunk without trace.

am sure someone mentioned blakemoor had gone on loan to london, trout did look uninterested while in a batley shirt but sop did so many more of them for a few games, now were whittling them down i reckon they might just bond, we still need a darting little playmaker to come off the bench who will stay long term for at least 3 years but i think we only do year on year so doubt were going to have a well drilled squad for a long time,lets hope we have at least one signing soon even if its only a returnee. :ph34r:

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

Presuming JK knows keegan cant play , why would we have sent him out on a months loan , knowing we would call him back after 2 weeks

Probably because he read on here that KH is rubbish, so won't be missed.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

?why dident we try keep trout for a while longer, he seemed to play well for fev and even score too. i did like the look a brennan boxing day and had some decent shots in his kitbag. just seemed to be unfit but am sure if hes wanting to really get stuck in he will be welcomed back for sure,is it me but does a few of other lads look to have beefed up a bit too.were looking a bit better in the effort put in,still a couple a players light i think but were not supposed to look see,fev seem to have found a real talant in annakin fella and we might hear a lot more of his name me thinks, so there is plenty a talant still around if we can attract some. :pickeat:

Featherstone have not discovered Annakin so you cannot glorify them for unearthing this treasure. He was a regular on loan at Workington last year I believe and is at Fev due to their DR agreement with Wakefield.

#13 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

Featherstone have not discovered Annakin so you cannot glorify them for unearthing this treasure. He was a regular on loan at Workington last year I believe and is at Fev due to their DR agreement with Wakefield.

well someone gave the lad a chance at fev he dident just turn up with his kit,they must a thought it a decent swop for kegan maybe who knows, and trout must a just been a bonus,strange how some clubs keep finding these decent lads who can put in an hard shift,think you mentioned we wernt bringing any more players in couple a weeks back but we seem to have brought in a couple and a decent ones on his way soon am told so who knows whats what for us,you seem not folks to mention fev but i look on them as something to aim for to be fair,infact i did joke as a dr with them as tommy would a really shown his skills down our slope but it wernt to be..onwards and upwards.. :bb: :download:

#14 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

well someone gave the lad a chance at fev he dident just turn up with his kit,they must a thought it a decent swop for kegan maybe who knows, and trout must a just been a bonus,strange how some clubs keep finding these decent lads who can put in an hard shift,think you mentioned we wernt bringing any more players in couple a weeks back but we seem to have brought in a couple and a decent ones on his way soon am told so who knows whats what for us,you seem not folks to mention fev but i look on them as something to aim for to be fair,infact i did joke as a dr with them as tommy would a really shown his skills down our slope but it wernt to be..onwards and upwards.. :bb: :download:

I couldn't care less what other clubs are mentioned here, but would remind people that as a club, what we did was something to aim for for others. Just because we are struggling this season, does not negate the previous five years or so. There is a long way to go this season and plenty of water to go under the bridge yet!

#15 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

I couldn't care less what other clubs are mentioned here, but would remind people that as a club, what we did was something to aim for for others. Just because we are struggling this season, does not negate the previous five years or so. There is a long way to go this season and plenty of water to go under the bridge yet!

yep,we were spoiled last season and like you say since carl turned up for us i suppose,i aint fussed about winning everything but it does help,am bothered about the amount a fans who dont up anymore and if we dont strengthen for next year or at least bond what we have then the prospects aint good for batley at all.some hard games left yet so am hoping sunday was a start of something special as we have been to know to come strong later in the season.heres hoping for some massive games to come from the doggies. :download: :hunter:

#16 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

yep,we were spoiled last season and like you say since carl turned up for us i suppose,i aint fussed about winning everything but it does help,am bothered about the amount a fans who dont up anymore and if we dont strengthen for next year or at least bond what we have then the prospects aint good for batley at all.some hard games left yet so am hoping sunday was a start of something special as we have been to know to come strong later in the season.heres hoping for some massive games to come from the doggies. :download: :hunter:

I couldn't agree more. My main concern is that it seems far easier to lose supporters than to gain them. We must be at the hardest of hard core support at the moment.

#17 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

am sure someone mentioned blakemoor had gone on loan to london, trout did look uninterested while in a batley shirt but sop did so many more of them for a few games, now were whittling them down i reckon they might just bond, we still need a darting little playmaker to come off the bench who will stay long term for at least 3 years but i think we only do year on year so doubt were going to have a well drilled squad for a long time,lets hope we have at least one signing soon even if its only a returnee. :ph34r:

spoke to blackmore at magic on sunday and he hasnt gone on loan just not been selected by us.. And cant see jk bringing anyone in again now due to getting the settled side unless injurys

#18 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

JK stated at the start of the season that the team would be selected from the Batley squad and supplemented, IF NEED BE, by DR players from Huddersfield.  Unfortunately it would appear that after being spoilt by the performances of Mullally and Fairbank last year, who in effect became Batley players in that they bonded into the team and by their perfomances became established members of it, the performances of the DR players this year, when called upon, have not been at such a high level.

#19 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

I find it very strange that Aspinall who scored the winning try on sunday, wasn't considered

good enough for us but gets into the Sheffield team.Is it another poor judgement of a

player by JK just like Brennan and Martin have been.Signings have just not come off this year

I'm afraid without more loan signings relegation looms large.

#20 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

Aspinall played poor when he played for us. He makes too many mistakes. Even the sun shines on a dogs ###### somedays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users