Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet home Sunday 3pm

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Great team performance,wish we could play like that every week and to think Hunslet were at full strength apart from March missing the future looks very bright if we can the keep the young one's to stay at the club and keep the likes of Jack Lee&Pat Smith to guide them through games when we are in a winning situation,and do not to chase games.

#22 KNIGHTS 4EVA

KNIGHTS 4EVA
  • Coach
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:32 PM

With all the injuries didn't really expect to see a win but the lads who came in were superb.certainly picked a good week to return!.hard to believe we lost to oxford on that showing and struggled against Hemel.looks like a good battle between York,hunslet and Oldham for top spot then and the playoffs should be close too.

#23 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

Outstanding for the full 80, really difficult to pick out individuals but one lad who has been brilliant for the under 20's & fully earned his 1st team place is Ryan Backhouse - played great at Oldham last week & even better on Sunday - got loads of power & a great off-load game.

Also if you were giving a MOM after 20 minutes Joe Pickets would have walked it.

Good to see GT thanking the fans for the support in the paper yesterday, also good to see some more people back commenting on here, forget sniping, its all about opinions so lets here em, team selections, tactics, anything.

#24 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

6 of our players in team of the week, nearly half a team!

Ben Reynolds

James Saltonstall

Pat Smith

Brad Brennan

Jack Lee

Ryan Mallinder

#25 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

To add to that, Pat Smith is the Championship 1 player of the week.

#26 Happy Punter

Happy Punter
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

Unfortunately I wasn't at the match this weekend but that meant I had the pleasure of listening to Andy on the radio. The comments of the folks on here echo the picture he was painting. As I was listening the thought did cross my mind who would make the team of the week. It's some achievement to nil the league leaders so a happy half dozen must be fair enough, although the right six is down to personal opinion.

Think its also time to acknowlwdge that the next time the teams meet will be an interesting game. Andy clearly stated that the attacking cohesion of Hunslet was missing on this occaision and so we can expect a much more competitive game. The Hunslet fans have been very fair in their appraisal of Sunday and am sure they will want to get the upper hand again. A closer game gives us all the chance to be proud of our teams and the rival chants, wisecracks and singing are all part of the entertainment .

Well done to York, take this form with you on your travels and I'll be able to enjoy Andys happy hour (or hopefully 80 mins) once again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users