Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RFL Community Club Registration Fees

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Community Board Meeting - 5th February 2014

3.7 Item 8 – Registration Fees 

Further to the last meeting, Mr Gent had met with Mr Baker and Mr Hunt to discuss a scheme for registration fees. The Board was informed that Jon Dutton had been appointed to lead this project, with a view to implementing a membership scheme for the 2015 season. A further report would be available at the next meeting.

Youth & Junior Management Meeting - 1st March 2014

4.0 COMMUNITY BOARD UPDATE 

Mr Gent confirmed that the new procedures are that the Community Board minutes will be uploaded to the website within 3 weeks of the meeting taking place and in doing so will allow Mr Bray to only update briefly on the most relevant points. 

** They are still not available for April 2014 **

Upon viewing the minutes on the website, should anyone wish to bring up any issues, they should direct them to Mr Bray. 

Mr Bray updated the group on various items that were discussed at the recent Community Board meeting, which took place on 5 February 
2014 as follows; 

Mr Bray advised that a general discussion took place on a membership scheme. The Board were informed that Jon Dutton had been appointed to lead this project. A further report would be available at the next meeting which is scheduled for 30 April 2014. 

Has anybody seen the report from April 2014 relating to the proposed Community Club Registration Fees for March 2015 onwards?

Edited by LordCharles, 23 May 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#2 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

Is the membership fee per club or per team. As if it's per club it would probably force neighbouring small clubs to merge.

#3 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Mr Gent confirmed that the new procedures are that the Community Board minutes will be uploaded to the website within 3 weeks of the meeting taking place and in doing so will allow Mr Bray to only update briefly on the most relevant points. 

** They are still not available **

There are the RFL website

Link here

http://www.therfl.co...outh__junior_mg

http://www.therfl.co...community_board

Edited by Impartial Observer, 23 May 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#4 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

The info coming out is very slow does not look good for a professional organisation .

Edited by TaxiEgg, 23 May 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#5 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

Thanks, I am aware of where to find the information if it is actually available.

As stated previously the minutes from the Community Board meeting on April 30th 2014 are still not available even though Mr Gent has said that they would be uploaded within 3 weeks (21 Days) as noted in the minutes of the Youth & Junior Management Meeting on 1st March 2014.

#6 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

Charlie's hands are tied behind his back with the RFL he is told what he can and can not say personally I would not represent my members with those restrictions .
Why the RFL can't be open and transparent is beyond me .
They just don't get it .

It's time for people to stand up and be counted our game is in danger of major collapse under the governance of the RFL .

#7 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Thanks, I am aware of where to find the information if it is actually available.

As stated previously the minutes from the Community Board meeting on April 30th 2014 are still not available even though Mr Gent has said that they would be uploaded within 3 weeks (21 Days) as noted in the minutes of the Youth & Junior Management Meeting on 1st March 2014.

I thought you meant the CB meeting on 5th Feb as this is the one you mentioned in your original post and not the one on the 30th April which you didn't mention.

#8 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

I thought you meant the CB meeting on 5th Feb as this is the one you mentioned in your original post and not the one on the 30th April which you didn't mention.

My initial quote clearly shows I have the information from the February CB meeting minutes and unless the RFL now have a Tardis any report from April is'nt going to be in those minutes, again my question was "has anybody seen the report from 30th April" as this was due to be included in the April CB meeting.  :rtfm:

Edited by LordCharles, 23 May 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#9 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

My initial quote clearly shows I have the information from the February CB meeting minutes and unless the RFL now have a Tardis any report from April is'nt going to be in those minutes, again my question was "has anybody seen the report from 30th April" as this was due to be included in the April CB meeting.  :rtfm:

I'm afraid that that Gent and co have found the RFL tardis and set the time back to the early seventies

#10 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Charlie's hands are tied behind his back with the RFL he is told what he can and can not say personally I would not represent my members with those restrictions .
Why the RFL can't be open and transparent is beyond me .
They just don't get it .

It's time for people to stand up and be counted our game is in danger of major collapse under the governance of the RFL .

Death by 10,000 selected knots

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#11 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Does the community board meet once a month ? If so why should it take 21 days to file a report (I know someone who wouldn't wait 21 days to Invoice a client) also why is it selective reporting.

#12 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

Is the membership fee per club or per team. As if it's per club it would probably force neighbouring small clubs to merge.

I believe the membership scheme will be per player and it is likely each player would individually register with the RFL and pay a subscription/membership fee direct to them in order to play Community RL.

So if it's £10 per player, per season and you have a Community Club with 250 participants it will mean £2,500 is paid direct to the RFL from the members of your Community club.

#13 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

I believe the membership scheme will be per player toll and it is likely each player would individually register with the RFL and pay a subscription/membership fee direct to them in order to play Community RL.

So if it's £10 per player, per season and you have a Community Club with 250 participants it will mean £2,500 is paid direct to the RFL from the members of your Community club.

You're probably correct with the pay per player and I think I am right in assuming, that the £10 per player would include the mandatory insurance cover.

The RFL will more than likely point out that they're only going down the same route as the BARLA registration fees, which in the past, could cost a sizable club around £1500. Although at that time the BARLA grant from Sport England was around £130,000 per annum and not the multi million award that the RFL benefit from now.

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 24 May 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#14 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

The question is outside of what is currently available what additional benefits will Community game and it's participants get for upwards of a further £500,000 investment directly into the RFL, that we the Community game will be forced to make?

Edited by LordCharles, 24 May 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#15 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

I believe the membership scheme will be per player and it is likely each player would individually register with the RFL and pay a subscription/membership fee direct to them in order to play Community RL.

Serious question - how much would the insurance be for a club with 250 players?

I don't agree with this, just trying to understand the uplift in cost?

Also - would the £10 be for all players? What if they only played one game?

These fees should go to the individual leagues if they are needed at all. Not the RFL!

#16 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

The question is outside of what is currently available what additional benefits will Community game and it's participants get for upwards of a further £500,000 investment directly into the RFL, that we the Community game will be forced to make?

In a word Zilch. And the RFL have hinted that referees would not be supplied to any renegade clubs not conforming to the fees.

At the end of the day, soon every amateur club will be domiciled, happily operating under the RFL Operational Rules and must comply

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 24 May 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#17 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

In a word Zilch. And the RFL have hinted that referees would not be supplied to any renegade clubs not conforming to the fees.

At the end of the day, soon every amateur club will be domiciled, happily operating under the RFL Operational Rules and must comp

tightening of the noose

#18 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Or the start of a new dawn ?

#19 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Or the start of a new dawn ?

That would take a massive leap of faith.

#20 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

Mr Gent confirmed that the new procedures are that the Community Board minutes will be uploaded to the website within 3 weeks of the meeting taking place and in doing so will allow Mr Bray to only update briefly on the most relevant points. 

Four weeks on and still no minutes available from the Community Board meeting on the 30th April 2014       :help:

Edited by LordCharles, 28 May 2014 - 08:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users