TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Batley

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Hard one to predict this - both teams having lost their last four league games - but I'll be brave and predict a narrow Swinton win

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

I'm with you there class. I'll be shouting my head off
Bringing one extra too

#3 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

Some of the Batley fans are not sounding too confident on their forum and as it is another must win game for both teams it will probably be a tough, close encounter.  

#4 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

I'm out now with the dogs in dismal weather after witnessing a dismal display.
I think for once there are no positives to be drawn.

Edited by mark richardson, 25 May 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#5 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Agree Mark, it felt like and end of season game with nothing to play for which is worrying at this point in the season. Five winnable games and five straight defeats is sapping the confidence. Shocking start, bad penalty count. Two, count them, two kick offs out on the full and 10 minutes to form a scrum......hold on there is a positive, we did not knock on from a kick off!

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#6 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Hard to put into words what I watched this afternoon.
There didn't seem to be the same will to participate as there usually is. We looked tired from the off and were painfully slow in everything we did. There was an obvious lack of leadership and a motivator to get things moving and it was like watching a game played in treacle.
There is an obvious lack of three quarters in the club and the confidence to go with it. Batley were no great shakes and were lucky to have Leatherbarrow in their side along with Geenwood as the rest were as average as us.

On the whole simply not good enough!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#7 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Eight points adrift now and today's defeat surely extinguishes any lingering hopes of avoiding the drop.

#8 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Never give up. Some confidence and a good run could get us up high enough. We need some help though. Are you reading this Doctor?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#9 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

In my opinion that was the worst performance of the season so far and I've seen most home and away.  We had no spirit, urgency or fight today and were more disorganised than ever. Yes there is still time to turn things round and a win would give the team some confidence and belief but I just don't know where that win is coming from as we are making ordinary oposition look good.  Still far too many unforced errors and stupid penalties and litttle idea, inspiration and pace in attack.

Come on Lions you must do better.

#10 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

The problem is with five going down from fourteen it will be difficult to make up the ground as teams in the mix will always be playing each other.

#11 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

Hard one to predict this - both teams having lost their last four league games - but I'll be brave and predict a narrow Swinton win

Well I was wrong - we were very poor today and looked like a team who know where we are going - as I have said before I hate to be negative about my team but sometimes in life you have to be realistic and we are struggling in this league, the hard thing to take is that we are being beaten by IMO poor to average teams - but I will not give up on you lads don't give up on yourselves.

#12 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

Duffymoon, is that an anagram of Doom-monger...?

First the death of the post office and now Swinton lions ;-)

Maybe champ 1 with 5 relegated, oldham york or hunslet and the refinanced thunder is our level? And the crowds are unlikely to be much lower.

#13 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

I think that we all knew this season would be tough given the start we had.
Speaking now as a fan, the last thing we need is our very loyal fans turning on the lads. Without doubt those boys who pull that shirt on, do so and give every effort. Many are young lads who are playing in a really tough league and who will be better for the experience. The coaches review the games and pin point the problems sadly it's down to the lads to iron those errors from their game and I'm sure they will.
We are still fighting and a couple of wins will give the boys confidence moving forward.

#14 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

Come on lions

Next 5 - Doncaster, crusaders, Rochdale, barrow, workington. 15 points from them and we all might be smiling.

The only way is up.

++++++++++++++ve

#15 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

I think that we all knew this season would be tough given the start we had.
Speaking now as a fan, the last thing we need is our very loyal fans turning on the lads. Without doubt those boys who pull that shirt on, do so and give every effort. Many are young lads who are playing in a really tough league and who will be better for the experience. The coaches review the games and pin point the problems sadly it's down to the lads to iron those errors from their game and I'm sure they will.
We are still fighting and a couple of wins will give the boys confidence moving forward.

You are quite right Alan and I've said previously that the level of defeat at places like Keighley and Whitehaven is on a par with years when we had high class teams and they were rubbish and yet we still struggled.
Having said that yesterday I saw a difference. The effort is there but something was missing. And talking purely on a playing front that is a worry
Most of the comments I exchanged on my miserable exit from the ground were of the nature of we should be grateful that we have a team at all so it shows that the efforts of those keeping us afloat are always recognised as are those of the players but yesterday remains a dismal performance and memory.
It's all starting to make me think that our much anticipated takeover has spoilt this season. We are in limbo. It's no fun whatsoever!

Edited by mark richardson, 26 May 2014 - 08:00 AM.

#16 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

The limbo status is worrying.How long do we have to wait for Koukash to give is a definitive answer regarding the proposed takeover? He has until June 30th to submitt revised plans but even then there is no guarantee that anything positive will be forthcoming as presumably the council will have to scrutinise the revised plans which no doubt won't happen overnight.

#17 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

If there were other investors knocking our door down then the delay and unknown position may be somewhat of a problem. As I do not understand this is the situation then I do not see the limbo as a problem. We have what we have now, we have a potential investor in Koukash and we have what else?

Without and alternative then the Limbo is doing nothing. The trust continues to steward the club to the best of its ability in the meantime.

#18 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

How do you know there are no other Interested parties? Those running the club cannot pursue any initiatives or make plans for the future when things are as they are.

#19 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

While the on going saga continues about the clubs future with or without the Dr Koukash certainly affects the supporters, it should not affect the players, assuming of course they get paid etc. They are at the club to do their best for the club and themselves.

For reasons unknown the body language of team didn't seem right on Sunday, even when we came within 4 points they just did not seem to able to get going and instead gifted Batley with two really soft tries.

So is the team really that far off from those around them - I think not, a win would turn the season round because without a win as we all the confidence will go etc, etc.

#20 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

Looking at the table as we approach the half way point in the season it seems likely we are going to need 39/40 points to avoid relegation.If so we need around 28 points from the remaining games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users