Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

In the wrong direction?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

Another disappointing loss 10 - 40.  As we found last week, it is hard to play catch-up (from 6-22 ht deficit) at this level, particularly when you gift trie, apparently by sloppy play after some  hard work.   Since our heroics against unstoppable Leigh and a run of 3 wins we now have only one point to show from nine possible, in three games -  5 points adrift of safety - 4 off the bottom place and only 2 bonus points.   We knew it would never be easy and I know we have a few injuries, but something seems amiss.

Ian Talbot said after a recent loss that the players were not keeping to the game plan.   We do not seem to be creating much other than high bombs and the defence is creaking.

Any thoughts on what's going wrong?

We can be sure that Bobby will have Raiders up for our visit next week.  He has made a difference since his arrival and a bonus point today at Keighley.  We need to be up for it and the next games too - get smart or the season will be over at the end of the next six weeks!  

#2 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Our worst performance of the season. We seemed devoid of ideas when attacking and weak in defence. Paul Cooke ran the show for Doncaster and we never put any pressure on him at all. I don't think that he was tackled once. I know we have a few injuries but if we carry on in this manner then I can't see us winning another match.

#3 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

No excuses, well beaten. Paul Cooke reminded me of Trent Barrat when he played for Wigan. Way too good for us, and well backed up by his team.Absolute gold dust for Donny.

#4 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

Well the previous 3 posts have cheered me up no end, if anybody wants me I will be face down in the Rochdale Canal

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#5 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

.Hopefully we will bounce back at Barrow. A few teams have turned things round after a hammering.The lads will be hurting,i'm expecting a win.