TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton Post Office

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Peewagg

Peewagg
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

The sale of Swinton Post Office on Chorley Road for use as a Convenience Store (I believe), begs the question as to where the entrance to Dr Koukash's proposed development might now be located?

#2 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

See Steve Wilds comments on previous thread re post office

"I don't think we need to read too much into the proposed post office useage just yet. These measures might prove to be interim, and its long-term future might be something else entirely"

Keep the faith.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#3 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

Maybe the convenience store will be accommodated on the site of the stadium with post office included?

#4 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

The sale of Swinton Post Office on Chorley Road for use as a Convenience Store (I believe), begs the question as to where the entrance to Dr Koukash's proposed development might now be located?

how does this effect Swinton Lions RLFC ?

#5 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

Dr Koukash is proposing to develop a site in Swinton town centre which would include amongst other things a new ground for the Lions.  The access to the site was assumed to be via the site of the old post office. It's all still in the lap of the gods but we Swinton fans live in hope of a return to Swinton.

#6 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

It doesn’t appear to be on the M.E.N./Advertiser website as yet but it’s in today’s papers (M.E.N. page 18 – S.A. page 32) about the Swinton Post Office affair.

The story (SA) reads as follows.

Have your say over post office changes

The Post Office is hosting a public forum about the proposed relocation of Swinton Post Office and new opening hours.

The branch is set to move into the Food and Tipple convenience shop, 15 metres from its current location in Chorley Road, as part of a major modernisation programme.

The forum, providing information about the changes, will be held at Swinton Royal British Legion from 4.30pm to 8.30pm today, as part of a six-week public consultation.

The new opening hours will be from 8am to 7pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sundays – 26 and a half hours more than are currently offered each week.

People can have their say about the changes by emailing comments@postoffice.co.uk, by calling 0845 722 3344 or by textphone on 0845 722 3355.

You can also write to – Freepost, Your Comments, or take part in an online questionnaire at postofficeviews.co.uk.

Customers are asked to quote branch code 055422.

Edited by Blue Monkey, 05 June 2014 - 08:02 PM.

#7 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

Just noticed today that Swinton Post Office has finally moved out of its historic premises and into the back of the new Costcutter store next door.

My guess is that the old place will soon be taken over by yet another fast food outlet.

The reality is anybody's guess.

:bye:

#8 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:57 PM

With the costcutter store opening where it is and deadly silence on our proposed stadium. Does anyone else feel like I now do that Koukashs stadium development is pie in the sky? I sincerely hope I am wrong?

#9 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:24 AM

Blimey

#10 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

I may be delusional but I see no link between the two.

SwINton IN SwINton.....

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#11 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

The link is in the positioning of the ground.I could be completely wrong but I was given to believe that entrance to the proposed ground would be from Chorley rd only. There was to be no entrance off Stanwell rd. My understanding was that the old post office and the old tele- communication building at the back were to be demolished to make way for the entrance. As I havn't seen the plans this could be totally wrong but there has to be some access point for the ground. Not knowing does cause confusion but surely if the stadium is going ahead plans should be in the public domain by now.

#12 mike the lion

mike the lion
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

The Costcutter shop is next door to the Post Office and is part of the same structural building,so I can`t see half of this building being dismantled.The rear of this building may serve some purpose for Costcutter`s storage.

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

I am convinced this corner shop will prevent our ground being built

#14 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

Maybe the proposed entrance to the stadium is where the sunken gardens are currently situated.

#15 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:02 PM

Maybe the proposed entrance to the stadium is where the sunken gardens are currently situated.

Whatever, I just hope the word 'sunken' isn't an unwelcome portent of how the stadium proposals turn out to be.

#16 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

That makes much more sense
With two big Lion statues either side of the entrance on Martin Hodgson Way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users